Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Fox Zero

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 21, 2016

A reimagining of the original Star Fox 64 adventure with a focus on the asymmetric action of piloting a vehicle and battling foes at the same time with an independent view. Features a mix of new and familiar locations with all new missions and gameplay elements.

Anyone excited for this?

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So after watching some let's plays I would say I'm definitely picking it up. All I'm looking for is that StarFox64 nostalgia. I want that arcade spaceship shooter! Is anyone else picking this up or is it a bunch of "meh?" I feel like knowing what you're going into the game is going to be solid if not great. I would also love to see a quicklook with Dan and Jeff of this!

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't have a Nintendo system anymore, so no. I always loved Star Fox, though, so I hope it's good. Nintendo needs a strong franchise that isn't Mario or Zelda.

Kinda wish that with the "old school" character models on the box art they'd also gone back to the garble-speak of the original.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i was going to but then i remembered i wasn't really into lylat wars almost 20 years ago so maybe it would be better to save my money

i haven't seen any footage or anything so maybe that might change my opinion

jpon87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lawgamer: I know the amiibo support in this gives you the old school SNES models. It would've been fantastic if that also changed the dialogue to that garble speak! Missed opportunity!

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a commercial and i gotta say I'm not feeling it. I love the SNES & N64/3DS game but this just idk doesn't hit me.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never had a love for this series. Isn't it just an on rails shooter?

The only one I liked was honestly star fox adventures.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ripelivejam

I wouldve loved a flat shaded poly modern star fox, just something both retro and real stylized (like grow home). Alas... I'm still pretty interested having loved the first two.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dan did not sound impressed with it on the Bombcast and he apparently loves 64.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm waiting to see how long this is. I bought the Wii U version of Starfox 64 day one and it still holds up just like I remember it but that's £5 and this is £40.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aren't Nintendo stubbornly sticking to making this a god awful two screen experience?

Not really down with that. Also, in previews at least the games graphics just look bad.

Maybe, I'm wrong but this is a wait and see.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm totally down to try it out. I'm renting it from Gamefly so even if it is too short that's not going to bother me. Hopefully the second screen stuff doesn't screw it up too badly.

dr_monocle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I love 64 about as much as Dan does and his lack of enthusiasm kinda has me down on it. I dunno, I'll still probably pick it up though. How bad could it possibly be?
    Oh, boy.

GoodlyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm definitely getting it!

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've never had a love for this series. Isn't it just an on rails shooter?

The only one I liked was honestly star fox adventures.

With you on that one. It's just Rebel Assault.

The first Star Fox was pretty cool. Mind blowing to 13 year old me, as my SNES was doing stuff that my PC was doing. I enjoyed playing the games as a kid/teen, but it never had the "I need that game" factor that other Nintendo titles had. But coming from Wing Commander and X-Wing, I -really- wanted to actually fly around the map, not be dragged around on rails like a quarter gobbling arcade shooter. The N64 multiplayer mode was free flight, it was fun, but the maps were too dang small.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Dan's comments, not so much. I loved SNES Star Fox, but I'm doing a "wait n' see" here.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I'm shocked at how luke warm it looks. I honestly was expecting Viewtiful Joe level of personality with bullet hell insanity action since Platinum helping them.... there has to be a story over how bad this development went. Miyamoto was involved to design a new control scheme to make the Wii U stand out, no one seemed to like it at shows, then bring in a second developer to save it..... there's seriously a juicy story here considering how Dylan Cuthbert is so open about development of Star Fox 1.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I have a longstanding fondness for Star Fox 64 and I'll even throw a nice word or two in the direction of Star Fox Command... However, nothing about this new one, with its ass-backwards gamepad-focused control scheme and apparent lack of length, makes me want to give it a try. It doesn't help that first-party Nintendo games rarely depreciate in value (I'm sure I could still find a gamestop willing to sell me a copy of the decade-old Mario Kart DS for $30) though maybe the Wii U's status as a sinking ship will change that.

I'd say the franchise deserves better, but if the last 19 years have taught me anything, maybe it doesn't? I dunno, I've been mulling over Star Fox Adventures for a while and wondering if it was actually the half-decent Zelda clone with the star fox name slapped onto it that I remember it being.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.