Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Trek Online

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 02, 2010

A sci-fi MMORPG developed by Cryptic Studios and Perpetual Entertainment which allows players to fight amongst the ranks of Starfleet, join the Klingon Empire, or rebuild a Romulan homeworld.

Anomalous Readings

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Dammit. Some of these are elusive as hell to find.  It's definitely a game within a game trying to get each one on planet or in space.  I can always manage to get all of them but the last one.  One can easily spend a few hours tracking down those remaining few.   I don't plan on spoiling it by looking them up on the Interwebs though.  Right now it seems a bit random where they might be.   It's definitely challenging.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Turambar
    @Lind_L_Taylor: There is actually a button (in between the Hail Starfleet and Abandon Mission buttons) that scans the area, tells you how many anomalous readings there are left in the area, and points you in the direction of the closest one.
    Galbrezu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Galbrezu
    @Turambar: The default bind is V, it also works on the ground and will point you to some quest objectives.
    Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @Turambar said:
    " @Lind_L_Taylor: There is actually a button (in between the Hail Starfleet and Abandon Mission buttons) that scans the area, tells you how many anomalous readings there are left in the area, and points you in the direction of the closest one. "
    @Galbrezu said:
    " @Turambar: The default bind is V, it also works on the ground and will point you to some quest objectives. "
    Really?  I didn't see the pointer part of it.  I was opening the map & running the scan but it only gives you a count.  I'll look at the pointer & see what it does. Interesting.  Thanks.  Nice avatar by the way, that Simpsons episode was hilarious.
    Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Impossibilium
    @Lind_L_Taylor said:
    Really?  I didn't see the pointer part of it.  I was opening the map & running the scan but it only gives you a count.  I'll look at the pointer & see what it does. Interesting.  Thanks.  Nice avatar by the way, that Simpsons episode was hilarious. "

You don't scan in the map for the compass. Hit the scan key in third person/ship view and you'll get a glowing ring followed by a scan beam  indicating the direction to the nearest anomaly or pickup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.