Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars Battlefront

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 17, 2015

Large-scale infantry Star Wars battles return in this reboot of the Star Wars: Battlefront series (from the studio behind the Battlefield series).

Is this game good for couch co-op?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I mean, it's relatively cheap now. I only played the beta when that came out, and that was fun, but the game being online focused and lacking content around release turned me off, especially considering you couldn't even split-screen on online play. I really liked the visuals that brought the Star Wars maps to life and classic sound design as well as the simple yet, at least to me, satisfying gameplay. Is there enough content in there now for couch co-op to justify a purchase? I'd play it mainly to get ready for the sequel, which I am excited for because it actually has a campaign. Do all maps in the game allow for couch co-op?

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Has no one an opinion/recommendation?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ntm: Open beta for Battlefront II starts next week. I'd just wait for that. And no, I'd say the original reboot here would be pretty awful for couch co-op. It wasn't a very good game, and it lacked a lot of content.

Avatar image for opusofthemagnum
    OpusOfTheMagnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OpusOfTheMagnum

@ntm:

EDIT: apparently they added bots and split screen matches to the original game, and I hear it’s decent. Might be worth picking up for 30 bucks but it still might be better just to wait for the sequel as it promises to be much more fleshed out.

Yeah BF2 will have much better coop. It’s just not matches as far as I know but I used to play the OG games that way all the time with friends so it should be fun.

Original game’s coop was woefully lacking. Fun once or twice maybe, but the normal MP was the focus for sure. It’s only a couple of maps as far as I remember and I honk they are smaller versions of existing MP maps.

Jump on BF2, it will be a better game overall, have a campaign, and have local split screen for bot matches at the very least.

Hopefully they talk more about the coop because they’ve just said there is a coop mode that earns you unlocks. I miss when coop was given any value by publishers.

paulmako

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got Battlefront last Christmas exactly for the couch co-op. The fact that it has couch co-op was enough for me.

I can't remember exactly what I found out but I seem to remember reading the DLC maps don't have the split-screen so there was no point me getting them.

As for the game, yeah it's fun for a few rounds here and there. I don't think you'll be able to play it all afternoon but to me it was worth it because I was able to get it cheap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.