Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Jul 15, 2003

Taking place in the Old Republic era of Star Wars, around 4000 years before the events of the films, Knights of the Old Republic is a third-person turn-based RPG where players travel the galaxy as a mysterious Republic soldier, racing against time to thwart a massive Sith fleet.

KOTOR glitch problems

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Double0hFor

POSSIBLE SPOILERS?!?!?!

ok I need someones help figuring this out, I've recently started playing through this game again on my 360 and a couple of things keep happening that shouldn't

- sound cuts out such as blasters and lightsaber noises, conversations still have sound

- seems to be lag while someone is talking

- a high pitch screech happens every now and then for some odd reason

- the worst of the glitches is when I try and go to Tatooine. I've been able to go here before, this is the first star map I got after Dantooine but now that I have all the maps and try to go and finish up some side missions before going to the Star Forge, the game freezes as soon as I step foot in Anchorhead. I can roam the docking bay perfectly fine though

can someone please tell why these keep happening? I really want to know of the last glitch the most, I don't remember any of this happening on the original xbox

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I'm sorry but those things are supposed to be happening, I'm afraid the 360 emulation for the kotor games is fucking shoddy.

I experienced all these things myself, and I can only urge you to save multiple saves and often, or play it on an original xbox.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By BisonHero

I know this doesn't address your issue at all, but the game costs $10 on Steam, and whatever computer you're using right now is nearly guaranteed to be able to run an 8-year-old game without any performance issues. Though when I played it I was running Windows XP, so I can't vouch for how well it works on newer operating systems.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.