Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Oct 26, 2010

Following the events of the first game, Darth Vader clones a replacement Starkiller, who again rebels against his master.

Are People Really Going To Complain About The Cloning Stuff?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jakob187

Ever since we found out that the Starkiller featured in this game is a clone, I've been beating my head against my desk every time I see some random post bitching and complaining about it being "shallow".  People, we're talking about STAR WARS!  The characters go deep, the universe goes deep, the history and lore goes deep...but folks, the STORY of Star Wars is as old as the fucking Bible! 

But let's go with the premise that the story is "shallow".   If you think this, then how gullible were you when you accepted the idea that Vader, the prodigal child that would balance out the Force and decide the fate of the universe...needed an apprentice to do his dirty work? 

T_T 

I can't explain the cloning stuff either.  However, I'm not going to TRY to.  I can pretty easily suspend my disbelief and just go with the flow.  While that was rendered incapable because of some squid-faced pucker-fuck constantly speaking a shitty Jamaican-or-something accent and asking "ISA PEOPLE GUNNA DIES?" in Episode I...and the boring political dribble in Episode II...and about an hour of Episode III, The Force Unleashed was well-acted, and the story worked for what it was:  an ALTERNATE universe story.  Yeah, I wish as much as the next guy that they would've continued the Infinities story stuff that tied in with the DLC for the first game.  Unfortunately, that's not the case. 

What about you folks?  Are you really going to complain about the cloning stuff, or are you going to say "fuck it, let's fuck some shit up" and suspend that disbelief with me?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By turboman

The official releases of the Star Wars Prequals has already fucked up any story outside of the original three, so at this point, I could care less about it... 

then again, I wasn't around for the original stuff, or do I care that much about it.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @jakob187: the us uses cloned meat, that really pisses in my gas tank, *sigh* shit ...
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us

I am with you. I just want to fuck shit up with the Force and have a good time. If they can do something nice with the story great.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By shirogane

I think the major problem here is that the story doesn't really have a place anymore. While the first Force Unleashed fit in perfectly in the timeline, and also explained the creation of the Rebel Alliance, this one just seems like they wanted something for a sequel. 

Also, the main villains are Vader and the Emperor, who we all know don't get defeated by Starkiller.
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RsistncE

Star Wars sucks?

Avatar image for ravenousrattler
    Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Ravenousrattler

i really don't care that he's a clone, but i do find it kind of stupid that vader brings him back again,and expects different results

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Emilio

Its just a way to make sequels.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SeriouslyNow

The story of Star Wars actually predates the bible.  It's the story of the Snow Queen which is the main influence of Snow White.  It's Nordic and ancient.

Meanwhile, Starkiller's clone is a just a lame way of allowing the same story to be played out again and to have his powers nerfed.

ricetopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By ricetopher

I honestly enjoyed the first game, despite its problems. If theres a good, not entirely bullshit storyline reason as to why the apprentice got cloned, so be it. I'm more interested in whether or not this game will improve/fix the issues the first had.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho

Its lazy. But I expect nothing but laziness from pre original trilogy Star Wars.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Bones8677
    @SeriouslyNow: Star Wars did not have a single source of inspiration.
    Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Toxin066

I'm not going to complain. In Star Wars, there is an entire clone army. I have no trouble believing that Darth Vader would clone one dude. The hubbub about the sequel actually FORCEd me to finally  go and buy the first one. I enjoyed the demo (yeah, about a year and a half ago). Gonna play through it this weekend.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iamjohn

The fact that the prequels were turgid shit that have led to my inability to enjoy the classic films anymore does not mean that the stories in the Force Unleashed games should also be turgid shit that continue to lead to my inability to enjoy the classic films.  Just saying.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Bones8677 said:
    " @SeriouslyNow: Star Wars did not have a single source of inspiration. "
    Sure it didn't. GEORGE LUCAS LIVED IN A BUBBLE, WAS SCHOOLED VIA OSMOSIS AND IS A LITERARY GIANT.

Dude, all creative work is inspired by other creative works.  Get real.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ryanwho

Bones was saying it had multiple sources of inspiration. It was clear as day what he said and you still missed it. Save face.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Bones8677
    @SeriouslyNow: Yeah what Ryan said. Star Wars ripped off so many other stories and movies, that to say the story came from a single source is ludicrous.
    iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iamjohn

Fuck you all, Star Wars came from the only source that matters. 

Godjesus. 

AND WHAT?

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Evilsbane
    @jakob187: I heard "Star Wars" and "We listened to complaints from the first game" and I was on board.
    Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bones8677
    @iAmJohn said:
    " Fuck you all, Star Wars came from the only source that matters.  Godjesus.  AND WHAT? "
    That was until Midi-Chlorians entered the picture...>_>
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#21  Edited By Hailinel

I always saw The Force Unleashed as elaborately ridiculous fanfiction.  Force Unleashed II is even more so.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Evilsbane
    @Bones8677 said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    " Fuck you all, Star Wars came from the only source that matters.  Godjesus.  AND WHAT? "
    That was until Midi-Chlorians entered the picture...>_> "
    Actually a big source was the 1930s Flash Gordan (And others serials like it)  but... maybe I shouldn't tell people I know that >.> <.< lotta star wars hate here (Yes new trilogy was crap doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the originals.)
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Bones8677 said:

" @SeriouslyNow: Yeah what Ryan said. Star Wars ripped off so many other stories and movies, that to say the story came from a single source is ludicrous. "

Look into the story of the Snow King/Queen.  I'm not saying that he had only one source of inspiration at all but what I'm saying is that it's a strong one and the movie shares many parallels with the story.
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @Evilsbane said:
    " @Bones8677 said:
    " @iAmJohn said:
    That was until Midi-Chlorians entered the picture...>_> "
    Actually a big source was the 1930s Flash Gordan (And others serials like it)  but... maybe I shouldn't tell people I know that >.> <.< lotta star wars hate here (Yes new trilogy was crap doesn't take away from the awesomeness of the originals.) "
    Actually it wasn't only Flash Gordon, there were many 30s/40s serials which inspired him including The Rocketmen.  That's where he got the idea of using wipes for transitions and the story text scroller at the start of each movie.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jakob187

I won't hate on the prequelogy, as I personally didn't mind Episode II and III.  They weren't great by any means, but it's like being a fan of Metallica:  despite the fact that they made some ho-hum albums, a true fan likes it all for what it is.  I refuse to accept Episode I, though. 

I think a lot of people, however, are forgetting that The Force Unleashed was always meant as an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TIMELINE.  It is NOT canonical, and anyone who played through the further DLC that went into the Infinities storyline would know that.  My one gripe is they aren't continuing with THAT story, as it would've been interesting to see the original trilogy from a different viewpoint. 

Either way, I'm still super psyched about this game.

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skytylz

He's a clone?  That's pretty fucking lame.

nomoreshit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By nomoreshit

who cares if he's cloned or not i personally think it will be awesome to face an army of starkillers.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Demyx

lol, I still haven't finished the first one yet, the wiimote frustrates me too much.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@jakob187 said:

" Are People Really Going To Complain About ...  "

Think about that one for a second.
    popmasterruler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By popmasterruler
    @Ravenousrattler said:
    " i really don't care that he's a clone, but i do find it kind of stupid that vader brings him back again,and expects different results "
    Maybe he doesn't expect different results?Maybe he's tricking starkiller,using him?After all Vader is very manipulative.
    Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By Teran
    @jakob187 said:
    " Ever since we found out that the Starkiller featured in this game is a clone, I've been beating my head against my desk every time I see some random post bitching and complaining about it being "shallow".  People, we're talking about STAR WARS!
    Actually whether or not he is a clone is inconclusive, check the spoiler box below.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By empfeix
    @Shirogane:  

ugh everytime you post I think of the greatest wallpaper of all time.
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    @jakob187 said:
    " I won't hate on the prequelogy, as I personally didn't mind Episode II and III.  They weren't great by any means, but it's like being a fan of Metallica:  despite the opinion that they made some ho-hum albums, a true fan likes it all for what it is.  I refuse to accept Episode I, though.  I think a lot of people, however, are forgetting that The Force Unleashed was always meant as an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE TIMELINE.  It is NOT canonical, and anyone who played through the further DLC that went into the Infinities storyline would know that.  My one gripe is they aren't continuing with THAT story, as it would've been interesting to see the original trilogy from a different viewpoint.  Either way, I'm still super psyched about this game. "
    NINJA EDIT!!!
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I like Star Wars.
    I liked TFU 1.
    I have not played TFU 2.
    But I dislike cloning, the plot seems pretty uninspired from what I know of it and its a shame that it went down this way.
    For an universe as vast as the Star Wars one, seeing them fall back on cloning makes it seem like the story was just an afterthought.
    And the gameplay hasn't changed that much for TFU 2....so what the fuck?

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By Shadow

I would totally buy this game if it was like Dynasty Warriors, only with hundreds and hundreds Jar Jar Binks...es to slaughter in every level.

metal_mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By metal_mills
    @Skytylz said:

" He's a clone?  That's pretty fucking lame. "

Cloning is pretty big in the Star Wars universe. Aside from the prequels, even the original trilogy talked about the Clone Wars and Lando was originally going to be a Clone. The books are packed with it too. 

I think it would have been cool to go beyond Vader and everything. Have a Clone but let him show up after Episode 6, out of the movie timeline. The Empire was still around, hell he could have fought Thrawn or someone and there were Jedi around, one who was in fact...a clone. So it wouldn't have seem out of place. Just slide his story between the pages of the books like they did with the first game.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Skytylz
    @Metal_Mills said:
    " @Skytylz said:

" He's a clone?  That's pretty fucking lame. "

Cloning is pretty big in the Star Wars universe. Aside from the prequels, even the original trilogy talked about the Clone Wars and Lando was originally going to be a Clone. The books are packed with it too.   I think it would have been cool to go beyond Vader and everything. Have a Clone but let him show up after Episode 6, out of the movie timeline. The Empire was still around, hell he could have fought Thrawn or someone and there were Jedi around, one who was in fact...a clone. So it wouldn't have seem out of place. Just slide his story between the pages of the books like they did with the first game. "
    I  don't need an education in Star Wars, but I stand by my original comment.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.