Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Game » consists of 34 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

Set before the events of the original Star Wars trilogy, The Force Unleashed casts the player as Darth Vader's secret apprentice tasked with hunting down the last of the Jedi Order.

Star Wars : The Force Unleashed is a bad game but I love it

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By SeriouslyNow

Yeah OK, so I'm a rabid original series fan.  I have my original Kenner R2D2 which I got when I was 5 on the same day that I saw Star Wars in 1972.  Oh did I mention I'm old too.  I don't look it but I'm 37.  That is old.

Anyway, so I finally got around to playing The Force Unleashed : Ultimate Sith Edition.  It's a bad game, not pathetically so, but the designers obviously have love of bad level design and enemies that cheat.  

That name looks strange to me too.  SWTFU : USE kinda looks to my wierd, the T F U always make me think that the devs knew their game wasn't that great so they named it with this in mind Star Wars : The Fuck Up while U S E just reminds me that it's another Star Wars thing that I HAD to play to eventually coz it's Star Wars and i'm a hopeless addict.

Yeah, I know.  Barely even registers on the funny scale.

The game is actually kind of fun in an annoying way.  It's like the took the best bit of being a bad ass Sith (The Force powers) and made them so annoying to use that you feel as if they're hating on you for playing as a Sith Lord instead of the goodly Jedi Knight that you really should be. "That'll learn him!"

I'll post more when I've completed it.  Once I get used to playing a game that hates me based on mythos I love.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SeriouslyNow

Yeah OK, so I'm a rabid original series fan.  I have my original Kenner R2D2 which I got when I was 5 on the same day that I saw Star Wars in 1972.  Oh did I mention I'm old too.  I don't look it but I'm 37.  That is old.

Anyway, so I finally got around to playing The Force Unleashed : Ultimate Sith Edition.  It's a bad game, not pathetically so, but the designers obviously have love of bad level design and enemies that cheat.  

That name looks strange to me too.  SWTFU : USE kinda looks to my wierd, the T F U always make me think that the devs knew their game wasn't that great so they named it with this in mind Star Wars : The Fuck Up while U S E just reminds me that it's another Star Wars thing that I HAD to play to eventually coz it's Star Wars and i'm a hopeless addict.

Yeah, I know.  Barely even registers on the funny scale.

The game is actually kind of fun in an annoying way.  It's like the took the best bit of being a bad ass Sith (The Force powers) and made them so annoying to use that you feel as if they're hating on you for playing as a Sith Lord instead of the goodly Jedi Knight that you really should be. "That'll learn him!"

I'll post more when I've completed it.  Once I get used to playing a game that hates me based on mythos I love.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By c1337us

I agree, the game wasn't that good. But I still got enough out of it to be worth the purchase.

Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By Valkyr

I'm playing it now too, I started it on hard and I'm currently on the Kazdan Paratus fight, damn I spent like an hour trying to beat that guy, it made me anger and I turned off the 360. The game just doesn't feel right, when you are hiting dudes with your light saber, it feels like you are using a baseball bat

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Ghostiet

I love how this shit is called "The Force UNLEASHED" while you have circa 5 powers. Hell of an unleash.

Despite being a trophy whore, I'd had problems even STARTING to TRY to make a Platinum with this game. This and Sacred 2.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By xyzygy

I found this game frustrating as hell but I managed to get all the achievements for the Ultimate Sith Edition, which came with all the DLC. 

Have you played the DLC? They're kind of cool, but a little short. One of them has Galen Marek taking the place of Luke during the Tatooine visit (You go to Tatooine looking for droids, meet up with Jabba, go through his place, fight the rancor, you can drop the gate down on him, etc) but with an evil twist. Then there is one where you even get to go to Hoth!

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#6  Edited By ahoodedfigure

I'm an original trilogy fan myself, although I sometimes find it hard to get into the derivative stuff just because it doesn't seem to expand the universe so much as fall back in on itself.  I'm only a bit younger, Star Wars was my first religion (3 year old converts can be scary), but THEN I felt that the universe was expansive and my imagination filled in the blanks.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By Willy105

The story is fantastic. The music is incredible.

But the game itself is inexcusable.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman

The Force Unleashed is not a bad game. Sure it's not perfect but come on, it's fun and that's really what a game is supposed to be. I've been slowly creating a list of games that are truly bad. I would consider myself extremely lucky to play TFU any day if it meant not playing these:

Games that make me question the society we live in

"Twilight Scene it?" was the game that made me start this list. I will continue it from now on whenever I come across a game that is just too pointless and unbelievable. It's gonna be hard to compete with the worthlessness of this first Twilight game though.   :P

1. Scene It? Twilight

Really "Scene it" people? Really? A Twilight version of Scene it? REALLY? That is all.

2. Hannah Montana: The Movie

Really? REALLY?! Hannah Montana: The Movie: The Game?! Why don't they just start making a series of stupid Barbie games to appeal to the dumb little girl audience even more? Oh wait...

3. Barbie

...Yep. Here lies every Barbie game ever made. God help us. :P

I really need to keep adding to that list. It's been a while.
    guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By guiseppe

I like The Force Unleashed, but it is so damned broken.. I mean, when the second boss of the game is about 300 times harder than the last boss of the game, you know you've got your hands on some baaaaaaaad design. That said, the game was fun and definitely had it's moments :).

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By shirogane
    @JJWeatherman:
    There's a Hannah Montana game on PS3?!!! 

I wouldn't say i loved the game, but it was somewhat enjoyable. Also, i have the wii version, which is somewhat different if i'm correct. 
    Any game where you get to use the force and mess around with a lightsaber will always be somewhat fun to me though.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By ArchScabby

I don't think the game is bad, played through it twice when it came out and loved it.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By luce

I played the demo and had a lot of fun. Then again i liked that "Jedi Academy" game back on the original xbox just cause you could force choke dudes

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Edin899

Some of you guys mus have really high standards to call this a bad game. 
    The game is freaking great! Played through it 3 times. Whats more fun the picking up 3 stormtroopers and throwing them around.  
    The story is great, so stop whining about the second boss he is not impossible to beat, maybe you just suck at videogames....
    Ferginator4k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Ferginator4k

I wouldnt say its a bad game, its heaps of fun but far from the best games of the year it came out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.