Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

I got in and have a few questions.

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bobcat1794

So i got in today and while i was playing i couldnt figure out to crouch for the life of me. I mean i even went under controls to see what button it was set to but couldnt find it so is there even a crouch feature or am i just retarded? and my other question is, is there autosave or what cus i couldnt find a save feature?

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DougQuaid

Crouch? you mean like going prone like in SWG? There's cover for the Smuggler and Agent classes, but no crouching. That's something that's just not in MMOs anymore. Also, no saving.. ever. MMOs are set in persistent worlds that keep going even when you're not online. Wherever you left off in the world when you logged off, that's where you'll be when you log back in. Almost everything that relates to your character is stored server-side.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343

@bobcat1794: Crouch is, defaultly, the X button. It's only available to Imperial Agents and Smugglers, and only works if you have nearby cover.

There is no saving whatsoever. Your progress is constantly being saved as you play. You cannot reload after making a poor decision (although, you can hit ESC to cancel a dialogue sequence and start from the beginning).

bobcat1794

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bobcat1794

Thanks for the help. Thanks for that tip project343 i didnt know that little trick

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Beaudacious

@bobcat1794: You're trolling right? Right, RIGHT?

m16mojo2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By m16mojo2

Are the pre-order bonus items not available yet, or where do you get those? Besides the yellow color crystal...

DougQuaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By DougQuaid

@m16mojo2: Those are tied to your cd key.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.