Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

Impressions of the Bounty Hunter from the beta weekend (blog)

Fenris82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Fenris82

I just wanted to share my impressions of my time playing the bounty hunter class over the beta test that took place last weekend.

I put down my thoughts in this post on my blog: http://www.lightspeed-gaming.com/2011/12/old-republic-bounty-hunter-impressions.html

The TLDR version is: Bounty Hunter is actually a really fun ranged class and it's a real good time to use all the different gadgets that you have access to. I also found the story that I played through (level 1-17) to be pretty engaging and I'm looking forward to playing through the whole story eventually.

I think that Bioware has managed to capture the coolness of Jango and Boba Fett pretty well with this class, which was a positive surprise for me.

Loomies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Loomies

There's another beta weekend. Will you continue playing bh or wait for release

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By project343

@Fenris82: As an avid Commando fan (opposite to your Mercenary), I will say that I'm a tad jealous how fantastic your arm rocket attack looks. The equivalent for the trooper is lobbing out a grenade from the gun--looks great, but is no wrist-mounted missile launcher. :(

But we get big fat cannons. And that pretty much makes up for it. :D

Fenris82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fenris82

@Loomies: Unfortunately I was only in the beta for that one "almost open beta" weekend, so I only got those 4 days of beta.

@project343: That's a shame. I am also really considering play the Trooper. Those big fat cannons are mighty tempting... ;)

Metalhead79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Metalhead79

@Fenris82 said:

@Loomies: Unfortunately I was only in the beta for that one "almost open beta" weekend, so I only got those 4 days of beta.

@project343: That's a shame. I am also really considering play the Trooper. Those big fat cannons are mighty tempting... ;)

I played a Merc BH up into the 30's back in October. Once you pick up tracer missile at level 20 (in the arsenal tree), the class goes from super cool to OMFGWTFBBQSAUCEPWN cool. And heatseeker missiles are to die for (31 point talent). Troopers are nowhere near as cool in attack animations as their BH counterparts. I would be leveling a dps Powertech for live, but my friends are all going Repub, so I'll be rolling a Vanguard.

Fenris82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Fenris82

@Metalhead79: Hmm.... damn, and here I was planning on going sith inquisitor... That sounds really tempting. I love all the rockets and gadgets that you get as BH. So much more varied than just all the different lightning attacks of the sorc (from what I've seen at least)

Fenris82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fenris82

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.