SWTOR any good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by GrindedStone (28 posts) -

Of course it's good silly. Made you look.

#2 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

Fuck you then.

#3 Posted by The_Ruiner (1123 posts) -

You just reminded me I have to cancel my subscription

#4 Posted by Irvandus (2886 posts) -

This is like getting text bombed by a drunk person.

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

You just reminded me that I still don't want to play The Old Republic, thanks!

#6 Posted by killacam (1286 posts) -

i'd be sold if i hadn't heard so many bad things, and abhorred mmo's in general.

#7 Posted by DonChipotle (2811 posts) -

I like TOR.

I also cancelled my subscription this morning.

I still like it. But I have no incentive to continue playing at end game.

#8 Posted by i8246i (119 posts) -

I wouldn't say its horrible, but its not worth any amount of money.

The story is shallow, characters look like that crap from the Cartoon Network prequel CG cartoon. The voice acting is atrocious....

The gameplay is no better than any other MMORPG out there.

All in all you'd be better off playing WoW. You'd spend less money to have the same amount of initial fun...(that is, you'll play free until level 20) and then either you'll find friends to help play through PvP arenas and dungeons, or realize you could be doing better things with your money and play something else.

BTW, thanks for the image spam, OP.

#9 Posted by BonOrbitz (2243 posts) -

@i8246i said:

I wouldn't say its horrible, but its not worth any amount of money.

The story is shallow, characters look like that crap from the Cartoon Network prequel CG cartoon. The voice acting is atrocious....

The gameplay is no better than any other MMORPG out there.

All in all you'd be better off playing WoW. You'd spend less money to have the same amount of initial fun...(that is, you'll play free until level 20) and then either you'll find friends to help play through PvP arenas and dungeons, or realize you could be doing better things with your money and play something else.

BTW, thanks for the image spam, OP.

Have you even seen the last two seasons of The Clone Wars? The characters do not look like crap at all and look a hell of a lot better than TOR.

Staying on topic, I just dropped $15 for the game and $20 for a two month subscription. I look forward to trying it out when I get them in the mail.

#10 Posted by TheHT (11686 posts) -

When it goes free to play I'll be all over it.

I'm not gonna pay monthly for something I'd play singleplayer, and I'm not gonna pay for a month and then rush through the content to finish before time expires.

#11 Posted by dekkadekkadekka (740 posts) -

Had a sub, enjoyed the Sith Marauder story, unsubscribed. When it goes free to play I'll be all over it.

Also flagged for image spam.

#12 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Its great to play from 1-60.
But that's about all.

#13 Posted by project343 (2837 posts) -

I really enjoyed SWTOR, but I'd honestly rather pay $60 for an open world coop RPG version of the game without sidequests and just the class storylines.

#14 Posted by Sparklykiss (1983 posts) -

Let's not trick people into clicking your thread with misleading titles, shall we?

Especially if it is nothing but image spam, that's against the rules, after all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.