Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Star Wars: The Old Republic

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Dec 20, 2011

Star Wars: The Old Republic is a massively-multiplayer role-playing game set 300 years after the events of BioWare's Knights of the Old Republic series, but still approximately 3,600 years before the events of the films.

The First Republic Flashpoint + New PC Gamer Info.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CL60

Was posted yesterday, it's a level 9 flashpoint, so nobody has their advanced classes or anything. Most of it seems to just be story stuff. 

The items that do not drop for you (or do not appear in your loot bag) from boss kills can all be bought from the commendation vendor.
    To access new flashpoints you have to clear beginner ones.
    There will be no pre-raid armor grind. You will enter low-level raids in the armor you finished your story in.
    Loot bags can contain upgrades for weapons and armor.
    SWTOR's landscapes have had a graphical overhaul  

Stephen Reid said:
    'Loot containers' (name is still a work in progress!) do indeed exist and are designed to alleviate the frustration some feel around high-level loot drops.

As it's currently implemented, at the end of a key encounter within an Operation, upon looting a high-level opponent, everyone in the Operations group will get an individual container which has a chance to give you a random piece of loot that's specific to your class. It could be part of an armor set, a weapon, and so on. If you don't get loot, you'll get commendations which can be used to purchase gear.

Please note, this feature is currently in Game Testing and may well be modified before launch.

Also some information on The Eternity Vault the first Raid(Operation) 

'Gabe Amatengelo: Players drop onto the surface via pods to attempt to gain entry, first facing the automated defences, then giant droids before transitioning indoors.' 'There's a certain point where you've got to get your back up against the wall, while your group tries to solve a code to get a door open to progress futher. Its loosely inspired by the Battle of Endor scene where the rebels are trying to gain entry to the base.' ''At one point, you'll be facing the entourage of one of the uber-Force wielders [Bioware are keen to avoid saying who this is]. Everyone in the group has to pick one to fight. You have this Luke/Vader type moment where it's a one-on-one boss fight but everyone is in audience.'' 

I'm not sure if there is anything else in the PC Gamer article, this was all I could find.
    rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator

MY favourite part is the part were the Dallas Dickinson who is narrating it, voices a character! It's so great.

Zithe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zithe

Why does everyone turn into a mannequin when they are standing around? A little idle animation would be nice. I hope this is something they are still working on.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looked pretty damn fun, especially for such a low level.

One thing angered me though... the cliche slow clap from evil dude at the end.  Man, I hate when movies make their evil dudes do that.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong
    @xobballox said:
    Looked pretty damn fun, especially for such a low level.  One thing angered me though... the cliche slow clap from evil dude at the end.  Man, I hate when movies make their evil dudes do that.
    I had a good laugh from it, especially since you could tell he's going down anyway.
    Gotta give the bad guys some credit for their show, since the ending is always bad for them anyway!

I'm freakin' excited, I saw this yesterday and I love it. 
    The conversations look great and really interest me, feels like ME1 to me and that's a very good thing. 

Shame the SWTOR community on the site's forum is a bit nitpicking over shit, but hell, they'll turn around when they play it hopefully, or retreat back to their other games.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mikemcn

Its looks so much like every other MMO i've played.

Etaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Etaber

Looks great. The voice acting adds a lot.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rattle618

This looks much better than everything else I`ve seen about this game so far, I still think GW2 will be a better game, but we`ll know soon enough.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By coakroach

Thats the most impressive footage i've seen of this game. 
    Looks less like a bad product and more like something thats just not my cup of tea.

SpartanAmbrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpartanAmbrose

I pre-ordered The Old Republic yesterday after watching this footage. If you're a fan of the original KOTOR and this video doesn't get you excited for the game, nothing will.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CL60
    @Rufi91 said:

MY favourite part is the part were the Dallas Dickinson who is narrating it, voices a character! It's so great.

Yeah, that was funny. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.