What subscription plan did you sign up for with TOR?

#1 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

#2 Edited by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

To save some screaming and yelling, yes I know this should be in the TOR forums and not general. The topic really needed to be a poll and as far as I can tell you can't make poll threads in game specific forums for some reason. So I made it here and hope the mods can move it over after.

As the title suggests, I was just curious what subscription plan everyone else signed up for with this game once they had to sign up. I looked over the options and thought about my enjoyment of the game, combined in the math of how much I was paying per month and decided to bite the bullet and go with the 6 month plan. Time will tell if I made the right choice or not.

So what about you fine folks? Anyone else join me for the long haul or you sticking to a month by month bases?

#3 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

Got a timecard, 2 months I think.

#4 Posted by Uranium (31 posts) -

Subscribed for a monthly then immediately canceled it as soon as it let me download the client.

#5 Posted by Dustpan (1694 posts) -

Once the initial 30 day time that comes with the game, I plan on signing up for the six month plan.

#6 Edited by Jeust (10757 posts) -

A or D (two months) once my game arrives.

#7 Posted by TheHT (11526 posts) -

How do these MMO subscription times work. Is it 30 days of ingame time or is it 30 days real world time regardless of whether your playing or not?

#8 Posted by Jeust (10757 posts) -

@TheHT said:

How do these MMO subscription times work. Is it 30 days of ingame time or is it 30 days real world time regardless of whether your playing or not?

Real world time.

#9 Posted by Uranium (31 posts) -

@TheHT said:

Real world time

#10 Posted by Brodehouse (10081 posts) -

Six months, son.

#11 Posted by Scrumdidlyumptious (1641 posts) -

Six months for now, but might downgrade a few notches depending on whether my interest persists. For now it feels like six months.

#12 Posted by MikkaQ (10318 posts) -

I'll probably wait for the eventual F2P conversion that'll happen in a couple years.

#13 Edited by frytup (108 posts) -

One month. I like the game, but I'm not convinced I'll still want to play after my main hits 50.

#14 Posted by Frostmane (56 posts) -

JR gave it to me as a christmas present.

#15 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1407 posts) -

A month and then depending on the community and all I'll see.

#16 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I used paypal for 1 month, just to get my free month, then cancelled because I'll be using gamecards most likely.

#17 Posted by Zimbo (875 posts) -

Put 1 month for now but I will probably switch to game cards a bit later.

#18 Posted by crusader8463 (14423 posts) -

Actually surprised at how many 6 months there are. Was expecting 99% 1 months.

#19 Posted by Kiro_LeMark (65 posts) -

Bought the game with a 60-day time card. So... 90 days, no subscription.

#20 Posted by TheHT (11526 posts) -

@Jeust: @Uranium: Ah. I suppose going by in-game time would be a really poor business model.

#21 Posted by Jeust (10757 posts) -

@TheHT said:

@Jeust: @Uranium: Ah. I suppose going by in-game time would be a really poor business model.

It wouldn't be really poor, but not nearly as profitable.

#22 Edited by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

One month for now. I'm playing the game rather intensively, logging quite the amount of hours, so I'll eventually figure out how it holds up about 30 days from now.

#23 Posted by Auswin (66 posts) -

At only a $1 difference per month on the 90 day, and $2 on the 180 I stuck with the monthly. I'd rather gauge the post-release content and progression for a couple of months before making a longer term commitment. If the savings where a little more I'd probably do a longer time, but it's not worth it for me right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.