Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

GSL March

• 167 results
    imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#101  Edited By imsh_pl

Alright. The thread is sticky-ied now.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#102  Edited By csl316
    @onimonkii said:
    " since this is the season of upsets, i'm thinking MC is going to get knocked out. "
    Yeah, he's top 3 as far as favorites go, but if i was a betting man I wouldn't even put money on him.  This month just hates people making predictions.
    Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By Ben_H
    @onimonkii said:
    " @Ben_H said:
    " I can see him becoming even more amazing if he signs onto a better pro team and actually plays professional (TSL_San or IMSan GO!)."
    i thought he was on that new team HoSeo? "
    Ah I missed that.  Does not look like the hottest team yet but who knows.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By csl316

Hmm, new caster.  Who has the scoop on Erik "doa" Lonnquist?  He got a good track record?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#105  Edited By DystopiaX

Huk v losira should be interesting. I actually think Huk will lose, he's done the zealot/sentry rush the last 2 rounds and Revival seemed to figure it out (go fast roaches). The only reason Revival lost to Huk is cause he threw away that late game when he built ultras instead of brood lords (Huk was rolling zealot/immortal, made no sense), so if Huk doesn't play better (I hope he does) I could easily see Losira, who's really talented, winning. 
    edit- yeah, Huk is going mass gateway again, Losira goes quick 3base, fast-ish roaches, which is really effective; kills all sentries in first encounters. 

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By csl316
    @DystopiaX: I agree, guessing Losira is gonna take the series.  That guy's a beast.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By csl316
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DystopiaX
    @csl316 said:
    " Ok

"
    Don't see him winning though, just cause the dudes from Code S are so pro. 
    Losira plays well, but I think that a good Code S player can beat him. his big flaw that I see is that he doesn't have good engage timing/decisions. he'll engage and see immortals there, and all he has are roaches, but he won't pull back until like half are dead but he only killed like 5 stalkers. His macro is good enough and he was on 5base so he was able to replenish quickly but against a good player that's pushing him aggressively I could see someone following up Losira's failed attack with an attack of their own and just winning then, instead of allowing Losira to build back up like Huk did that first game.
    wunder_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#109  Edited By wunder_

What do you guys think of the new caster? I think his knowledge is pretty lackluster, maybe even worse than Kelly O_o;

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DystopiaX
    @Wunder_ said:
    " What do you guys think of the new caster? I think his knowledge is pretty lackluster, maybe even worse than Kelly O_o; "
    He's a good play-by-play guy; his voice is pleasant. I'd like Artosis in there for analysis though.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By Winternet

I got sticky all over my thread :D 

I'll update the results of the 2nd day of Ro16 Code A and Code S In the next 24 hours.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#112  Edited By Rayeth
    @DystopiaX said: 
    He's a good play-by-play guy; his voice is pleasant. I'd like Artosis in there for analysis though. "
    I don't really care who they have their for analysis, but they need someone.  The new guy's voice seems fine and he sounds confident, so I am sure he will be great with more practice.  The issue is that he is a play by play guy and so is Kelly.   Artosis is easily the most analytical caster on the planet, so maybe we are spoiled, but there is no denying the current lack of depth in the Code A casting.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Winternet

Updated the results of the last matches from Ro16 Code A and included the Ro8 matches. Pretty good games. The up/down matches will be crazy hard. 

Edit: Updated the last matches from Ro16 Code S and included the Ro8 matches. Disappointed by Trickster. Expected more from the guy. Happy for Lyn. He deserves it.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Rayeth

Some of last night's Code S ended up being amazing games.   The MC vs HongUn games weren't the best, but I think it was clear who the better player was in that match up anyway.  The real fun was the NaDa vs JulyZerg match. 

I have to say it was great to watch.  Also

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By frankxiv

so glad i was wrong about mc, and right about july

Entus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Entus

Probably July vs MC finals. Thinking that MC will win. PROVE ME WRONG GOD OF WAR!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Winternet

Updated Code A Ro8 results. ZvZ and TvP in the semis. Huk needs to step up his game if he wants to move to Code S, imo. More variety.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By csl316

PvP was a pretty dull series, but July and Nada was awesome.  July's so damn fun to watch, he's relentless.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By frankxiv
    @csl316 said:
    " PvP was a pretty dull series, but July and Nada was awesome.  July's so damn fun to watch, he's relentless. "
    i was literally crossing my fingers that whole series, praying he wouldn't even research the drop upgrade
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#120  Edited By StarvingGamer

Ugh, after trouncing TricKsteR I don't see how sC can possibly lose to san, but I HAVE HOPE.

Also any way I look at it, the top 4 this season is fucked up. Real finals are gonna be MC vs July.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By csl316
    @StarvingGamer said:
    " Ugh, after trouncing TricKsteR I don't see how sC can possibly lose to san, but I HAVE HOPE.  Also any way I look at it, the top 4 this season is fucked up. Real finals are gonna be MC vs July. "
    As much as conventional wisdom would have me agree with you, everything I expected this season has been completely fucked up.  No results have been making sense.  Really, a san vs. anypro is just as likely to occur as MC and July.  Maybe even more likely with the way things have been going.
    pigmartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By pigmartyr

Was anyone else just completely disappointed with July's play? Maybe just more so with Nada because how after 5 games do you not think that all July is going to do is bling-muta. All game every game non stop. He did it so much he lost without nada even having to kill a single structure, TWICE! I'm sorry but that just isn't gonna fly against MC.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Winternet

Updated 1st day of Ro8 Code S. That second set of MC vs HongUn was crazy. Tasteless looked like he was having an orgasm. HongUn could have made it. He could have made a nexus or make more than one pylon or even let the sentry stay in the base and force field the ramp. Oh well, it's hard on those situations to think straight. 

And July is so beastly, right now. He's going to melt Lyn or Anypro in the Semis.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Winternet

Updated Code A Semifinals. I don't know if it's because the Semis were kinda meh, but now with neither Artosis nor Tasteless commentating, Code A become not that fun to watch. Kelly and Doa (I think that's what he calls himself) do an ok job, but it's not the same. Does GOM plan to stay this way?

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By csl316
    @Winternet: Here's GOM's explanation regarding Code A casters.  Expect sort of a revolving door for now.

As much as I try to support the new guys, I honestly find myself doing some other stuff while watching Code A these days.  It used to be where I didn't want to miss a second.  They're doing alright, but you're right.  I guess it's not the same.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Winternet
    @csl316: So they will change until they figure it out. Well, not everyone can be tastosis. They should try to convince day9 to come and cast code A. He has some good vibe during commentary and he has ton of experience casting in a lot of tournaments.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By csl316
    @Winternet: It'd be nice to have him come in as a guest.  But the guy's tied down with school and whatnot at the moment.  Maybe he'd stop in afterwards, but I'm pretty sure he wants to help SC grow in the west.
    LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#128  Edited By LegalBagel
    Man, July's play is really different than anyone else.  Tons of aggression and great macro.  Still having a hard time grasping what makes him better than all the other zergs, but it's crazy to watch him win games that most zergs would have lost and execute strategies that most would have considered losers.

But scarily some of his strategy and his baneling micro in particular leaves a lot to be desired, even though he keeps winning.  Lots of banelings wasted on the wrong buildings, bashing into tanks/thors for very little use, or bad engagement with his forces.  Both of his last two matches he probably would have gone undefeated with better use of banelings.  Crazy great use of mutas though, as to be expected.
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Winternet
    @csl316: Yeah. Torch would also make a good job, but he is probably to busy, being in Startale and all. 

@Deathpooky: I haven't understand it fully. With a low number of drones (comparing to other zerg players), zerglings, banelings and mutas keep pumping out like crazy and with a waypoint to enemy's base. Maybe zerglings cost 5 minerals and I didn't know.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By StarvingGamer

sanZenith IS MY HERO

But I really think he's at the end of his rope now. He had the most trouble playing PvP against oGsTheWind, every other match he's had was PvT or PvZ. I'll keep hoping against hope though.

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Rayeth

####### MAD SPOILERS ########## 
    YOU ARE WARNED! 

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By csl316

Some awesome games in the Coda A finals.  I expected Losira to do great, and I gotta admit I didn't see Supernova coming (hell, did anyone?).

Good times.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Winternet

Updated the last 2 matches from Ro8 Code S. There were some long games with san vs sC. But, with Artosis on drugs, the commentating was hilarious. Best day of Tastosis in GSL, in my opinion. 

I'll update Code A finals later today. 

And here is some details on the next GSL, GSL World Championship:  http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors2/news/62503 

A lot of foreigners on this one: Jinro, Morrow, moonGlade, Huk, Painuser, MaNa, White_Ra, Tarson and Sen are some of the probable players. It's going to be awesome.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By frankxiv

wish they'd do another regular team league but this is cool as well i guess.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Winternet
    @onimonkii: There will be a kinda of team battle. Korea vs The World. First team to win 8 games wins the battle. 

We all know how that will go:
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By StarvingGamer

sanZenith NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! It's ok, he was a hero and took a game decisively off of MC.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Winternet

Updated Code A Finals. Losira messed up in some of those games, but still won. Deserved it, though. I'll update Code S semis and include up/down matches tomorrow.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By csl316

Really really really looking forward to the code S finals.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Winternet

Up / Down matches are here. Huk has a serious chance to make it to Code S. Only has to practice PvP and both Inca and choya are in his level. Huk fighting! 

Group B looks to be the crazy one. Another season in Code A for Leenock? If not, MKP or Nestea in Code A? Crazy. The first day of up/down looks to be the most interesting with this group and Huk's group. 

FruitDealer should be ok against Virus. If not, the match against Ace can be quite hard. Group D is quite balanced. Boxer will face a tough opponent and may fall to Code A. That's quite embarrassing for the Emperor. Mvp should stay in Code S, no problems, and Genius will most probably fall to Code A. Group F is fairly balanced. Not easy for Rain TvT. Group G and H, the Code A finalist should move to Code S. RainBOw, one Finals and one Semis, has to be focus or he will fall to Code A.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Winternet

Updated Code S Semifinals. That canon rush from MC was so sexy. What about July 6-pooling? I am having chills of excitement. MC vs July is going to be awesome.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#141  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Really wanted to see sanZenith make the finals :( oh well, at least my boy July's in it. Gonna be great. Hope he obliterates MC.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By csl316

Really digging these GSL quote videos.  Here's week 1:

Week 2:

Also, go go Huk!
    Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Winternet
    @csl316: Yeah, they're pretty cool. There's videos for all seasons.
    Senhasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#144  Edited By Senhasa
    Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#145  Edited By Fallen189

Todays games were incredible. Nestea vs MKP coming up. However... 

The stream going down throughout Huks ENTIRE third game was an absolute piss take. It was so incredibly close, then the stream goes down, and we had to find out by twitter. Such a shame.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By frankxiv

so disappointed with group b results

LegalBagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#147  Edited By LegalBagel
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By csl316
    @Deathpooky: Agreed with both points.
    thejamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#149  Edited By thejamster

i think huk tries to rely too much on his control/forcefields  i think if he spendt more time trying to create solid play he would go way farther.  Still lookin forward to seeing him in code s!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Winternet

Results of the 1st day of up/down is up. Happy for Huk. Although his timings (he always seemed to get that initial stalker 1 or 2 seconds early) and his decisions were great (very good thinking from Huk in the 1st game against choya), his micro was not up to par. Nervous? Maybe. Now that he is in Code S, I hope he has more motivation and confidence going in to the matches. 

About the other group, it was pretty tough for Leenock to move on. I feel he already knew he was going to lose, before entering the games. Tough luck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.