Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jul 27, 2010

The first chapter in the StarCraft II trilogy focuses on the struggles of the Terran race, as seen through the eyes of Commander Jim Raynor, leader of the rebel group Raynor's Raiders.

Man, this is the worst.

beatlebrainiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By beatlebrainiac

So in the beta I'm pretty pleased with the 1v1 ranking system, I've been put in the copper bracket, which is appropriate enough, because I'm not great. However, through some fluke, I have been put in the silver bracket of the 2v2 ladder. This sucks for a number of reasons; for one, I get my ass kicked every time, and secondly, I feel bad for poor sap the game partners me with.  

Is anyone else having bad luck with where they're at on the ladders?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By JJWeatherman

After a few games of stinking it up, it should move you down to match your skill right? I say just keep playing and don't worry about letting others down. You'll get into the right bracket eventually.

beatlebrainiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By beatlebrainiac

You'd think so, but I've played about five matches now with no luck. Incidentally, everytime I lose I always say a bunch of random SC2 phrases to make it look like I had some uber strategy that I was working on.
    "Yeah I was going for the 9Fact but he fought back my timed push." Gets em every time!

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @beatlebrainiac said:
    " You'd think so, but I've played about five matches now with no luck. Incidentally, everytime I lose I always say a bunch of random SC2 phrases to make it look like I had some uber strategy that I was working on."Yeah I was going for the 9Fact but he fought back my timed push." Gets em every time! "
    lol, nice.
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By KaosAngel

It's not as bad as me.  I failed the 2v2 on purpose so I can get put into copper for the easy achievements.  I just don't do anything for 2 minutes and then leave.

Then when I play serious, copper 2v2 is like cake...unless I'm playing another douche like me who cheated the placement for achievements.  >.>

My 1v1 I'm hardcore serious, ranked 1-3 in Gold most of the time and can't seem to get out, dispite not losing a single game in about a week.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jmrwacko
    @KaosAngel said:
    " It's not as bad as me.  I failed the 2v2 on purpose so I can get put into copper for the easy achievements. "
    Get off my 2v2, Kaos.
    DrCuddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DrCuddles
    @KaosAngel said:
    " It's not as bad as me.  I failed the 2v2 on purpose so I can get put into copper for the easy achievements.  I just don't do anything for 2 minutes and then leave.  Then when I play serious, copper 2v2 is like cake...unless I'm playing another douche like me who cheated the placement for achievements.  >.>  My 1v1 I'm hardcore serious, ranked 1-3 in Gold most of the time and can't seem to get out, dispite not losing a single game in about a week. "
    Ruining it for us noobcakes.
    Sadisticham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Sadisticham
    @KaosAnge You and your buddys are the reason I'm getting buggered every match i suspect. I see no point in achievos in a beta. I can't see them carrying over. Even with that said i dont see the point in boosting them at all...wheres the fun in that.
    Arthuredwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Arthuredwards

as begginers that normal, but I'm sure mate you'll find your right bracket atleast the fight would be even.

These game system (bracketing) are tested and working on the other games. Like on how i follow the wow strategy guide.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.