MLG Columbus 2011

#1 Edited by raiz265 (2239 posts) -

Two streams full of awesome bring you awesome Starcraft 2 awesomeness! 
Did I mention how awesome it's going to be?  

HQ stream is FREE for everyone today! 

Day[9]+djWHEAT:
http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/starcraft_2_red   

Casting Archon Tastosis:
http://pro.majorleaguegaming.com/live/starcraft_2_blue

Stream schedule: 
http://i.imgur.com/VeRUB.gif  

Starting in 20minutes with the Pool Play: 

Pool A
1.  NaNiwa0-0
2.  SLush0-0
3.  Drewbie0-0
4.  Gretorp0-0
5.  Moon0-0

Pool B
1.  KiWiKaKi0-0
2.  mOoNan0-0
3.  Sjow0-0
4.  Sheth0-0
5.  MMA0-0

Pool C
1.  SeleCT0-0
2.  IdrA0-0
3.  Ret0-0
4.  Tyler0-0
5.  MC0-0

Pool D
1.  iNcontroL0-0
2.  TLO0-0
3.  HayprO0-0
4.  Machine0-0
5.  LosirA0-0
 http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/2011_MLG_Pro_Circuit/Columbus

Wow, I got some great copy/paste skills!  
edit: ok, not so great... but it's readable I guess

I'm hyped! are you hyped?
#2 Edited by Gazel_Ministry (125 posts) -

Man, there sure are a lot of Starcraft tournaments. I'll be watching. Hope it runs a little smoother than Dallas. Go Sheth!

ooh. Sound proof booths. Looks like they did make improvements.

#3 Posted by Donos (1195 posts) -

Preshow running now, afterwards it looks like Idra vs MC and Kiwi vs MMA

#4 Posted by Rayeth (1046 posts) -

ITS TOO MUCH AMAZING STARCRAFT!!!! WHAT WILL I DO!?

Seriously, this is overload. The IdrA v MC match is about to start and I can't believe I have to NOT watch KiwiKaKi vs MMA to see it.

#5 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
I LOVE THIS 
#6 Posted by Donos (1195 posts) -

It would appear Idra's face is being melted. Nothing to do with the game, look at his face.

#7 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

That MC vs. Idra match was awesome!

#8 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Damnit!  I wish Blue and Red weren't going on at the same time.  This will be archived and free right?

#9 Edited by xanavi (179 posts) -

I wonder if these embedded codes work in the new editor.

Edit:They totally do! If anyone is bugged by this I can remove them, just let me know.

Edit 2: I managed to hide them in spoiler tags, I think!

Edit 3: Removed!

#10 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@xobballox said:
Damnit!  I wish Blue and Red weren't going on at the same time.  This will be archived and free right?
you'll need premium for the VODs i think
#11 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -
@raiz265 said:
@xobballox said:
you'll need premium for the VODs i think
Darnit :(  Ah well, thanks for posting this though!
#12 Edited by DerBrick (228 posts) -

I don't know if they are doing VODs for this... they didn't for Dallas. They will release the replays though.

F'en Idra... but MMA!!!

Every time I refresh the page the players that are embedded start.

#13 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

damit, toss is getting beat to shit in both these games

#14 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -

oh my god idra vs mc was so good

#15 Posted by Gazel_Ministry (125 posts) -

Solid play by Idra. MC would have had him if he just stayed focused on that natural.

#16 Edited by DerBrick (228 posts) -

I few of us will be in the Giantbomb chat room on IRC Quakenet. /join #giantbomb

#17 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Some guy I know is supposed to be in some part of this or something.

I don't know, I don't keep up with Starcraft.

#18 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -

so ready for tlo/losira

#19 Edited by DG991 (1344 posts) -

@xanavi: Please just get rid of them -.- they play automatically and u cant pause them while they are playing adds.

edit: @xanavi: thx ... if it wasn't for the fact that they play automatically that would be great :(

#20 Posted by DerBrick (228 posts) -

Big match coming up. iNcontroL vs. Losira!!!

#21 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I'm hoping Idra gets knocked out soon. Great games so far today!

#22 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:

it really doesn't look like it, idra is playing incredible
#23 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -
@SpikeSpiegel said:

he beat MC, which was probably his toughest opponent in his group, so unless MC wasn't playing at his best (didnt get to see the matches), then i think idra is gonna be top of his group
#24 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

Didn't read if this was answered already in here, are both streams supposed to be the same right now?

#25 Posted by Rayeth (1046 posts) -

@NickL: Yes there are several points in the cast where they play the same game on both streams in order to give the other casters a break.

So sad that there has been some keyboard troubles for Losira, but get to see a lot more of Day9 and Wheat vamping to fill time, lol.

#26 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@Rayeth:

Wow, was that lag, keyboard issues, or nerves from Losira? he was playing terribly... supply block at 28 supply for that long >_>

#27 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

Good to hear that the stream's working this time, too bad I missed so much of the tourney thus far. Pleased Idra is kicking ass.

#28 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Good to hear that the stream's working this time, too bad I missed so much of the tourney thus far. Pleased Idra is kicking ass.

I'm just pleased the Koreans are losing, get rid of this notion that they are better in SC2, it may have been true for SC1 but it isn't for SC2

Or maybe everyone will blame it on jet lag? There is always an excuse whenever they lose...

#29 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

@NickL: I'm guessing people will say since Bomber didn't make it, the tournament is a farce.

#30 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

When Idra goes undefeated throughout the tournament, is the game still imbalanced?

#31 Posted by raiz265 (2239 posts) -
@NickL said:

When Idra goes undefeated throughout the tournament, is the game still imbalanced?

of course, his opponents were terrible :P
#32 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

@raiz265 said:

@NickL said:

of course, his opponents were terrible :P

He did that at Dallas last year and as far as I can tell still bitches about balance.

#33 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

@NickL: Nah. Just MC was jetlagged. Select wasn't in it to win it. Ret missed a baneling or two and it could've gone either way.

At least, that's how I think Idra would rationalize it.

#34 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

@Zolfe said:

@SpikeSpiegel said:

he beat MC, which was probably his toughest opponent in his group, so unless MC wasn't playing at his best (didnt get to see the matches), then i think idra is gonna be top of his group

Also no one is getting knocked out today, pool play is just for positions within the championship bracket.

And IdrA is awesome.

#35 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@csl316 said:

@NickL: Nah. Just MC was jetlagged. Select wasn't in it to win it. Ret missed a baneling or two and it could've gone either way.

I kinda wish he says MC is terrible when he gets asked about it on SOTG, that would make for some laughs and maybe an interesting conversation.

#36 Posted by Zolfe (262 posts) -

nah, MC is a good replacement for Bomber, people who are beating the koreans atm deserve to be beating them, idra has always been on the level of the koreans in sc2, i was worried for him cause i heard he was only practicing 3-4hours a day recently but he's doing fine

#37 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -
@NickL said:

@csl316 said:

I kinda wish he says MC is terrible when he gets asked about it on SOTG, that would make for some laughs and maybe an interesting conversation.

sotg is taking a break so i don't think you'll get to hear about it either way
#38 Posted by Ben_H (3362 posts) -

I was scared Incontrol would beat my beloved Losira, but that didn't end up happening <3<3<3<3<3 

I felt bad for Losira, you could tell his technical difficulties affected him in game 2; there were mistakes he would never make normally in that game. I missed the video but apparently he threw his headset at the end of game 2 or did something like that.

Did anyone catch MMA vs. Kiwikaki?  I didn't get to see the end of it.

#39 Posted by DerBrick (228 posts) -

He beat Kiwi. MMA is playing sjow on the blue stream. 

Korean Update 
Losira 2-0 
MMA 2-0 
MC 2-1 
Moon 0-1 

#40 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

Hey Guys!!

Idra is a baller.

That is all.

#41 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@LiquidS said:

Hey Guys!!

Idra is a baller.

That is all.

Agreed.

Whether you like his attitude or not, you cannot deny that he is a baller.

#42 Edited by csl316 (8705 posts) -

I just realized that watching Artosis without Tasteless isn't nearly as interesting.

Apparently because JP's a negative Sesame Street?

#43 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

Losira's a boss.

#44 Edited by NickL (2246 posts) -

Wait, what? Losira played game 2 against incontrol with only a mouse according to that interview? No wonder he looked bad that game if that is true.

#45 Posted by DystopiaX (5310 posts) -

Yo losira doesn't need his keyboard to play lol. Surprised he lasted that long if it's true lol

#46 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@DystopiaX said:

Yo losira doesn't need his keyboard to play lol. Surprised he lasted that long if it's true lol

Well if I remember right incontrol didn't put any pressure on until those DT's and that is exactly when he started getting destroyed so I guess he didn't survive long once incontrol started.

#47 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

Surprised that despite Blizzard's involvement in esports, they still won't integrate LAN play for tournaments such as this.

#48 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@csl316 said:

Surprised that despite Blizzard's involvement in esports, they still won't integrate LAN play for tournaments such as this.

Whoever tricked Ret like that is an asshole. That can totally mess with a players head and mess up their play.

#49 Posted by csl316 (8705 posts) -

@NickL said:

@csl316 said:

Whoever tricked Ret like that is an asshole. That can totally mess with a players head and mess up their play.

I hope it doesn't start a trend.

#50 Posted by onimonkii (2443 posts) -

idra is probably the favorite in this tournament, but i hope mma continues to do well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.