Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

StarCraft

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Apr 01, 1998

StarCraft has been called the greatest real-time strategy game ever and it's certainly one of the most critically acclaimed. StarCraft features three powerful, yet balanced races: the Terrans, the Zerg, and the Protoss. You play as each race fights to the death for the fate of the universe.

Late to the party: SC1 newcomer

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By fentonalpha

Like many a person of late i just started StarCraft 1 for the first time.  I went in blind and not liking realtime strategy games....but dang this game is pretty fricking fun!
     After 30 mins or so i even got over the lower rez graphics and high speed map scrolling.  
     South Korea.... i feel i understand you just a little more now.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By Tordah

Starcraft 1 never gets old! 

Also, you can change the speed of the map scrolling.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By sjupp

Not enough minerals.

fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By fentonalpha
    @Tordah: Guess i missed that in options.  Will check it out ,thanks.
    Infamousn89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Infamousn89

Similar to you, I actually did not think I liked strategy games, but after being recently addicted to Civilization Revolution, I decided to give the most renowned strategy game a try. I cannot remember being so addicted to a game like this, especially 12 years after it's release. I will never touch multiplayer but it seems strong enough as a single player game. I feel as if Ive seen for the first time!

bigall94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigall94

Dude we're in the same camp! My only experience with RTS games so far is a teeny bit of the Company of Heroes Online beta and Civ Rev on iPhone. I got the Battlechest today and was blown away. Tis a bitch to make Starcraft run nicely on Windows 7 though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.