Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Does anyone even care about Steam Sales anymore?

• 59 results
    thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

No, mainly because i already have too many games. I recently went though my library and made a "Wasted Cash" category with games that i have no intention to play. By far my largest catagory. Not all of them are bad games but alot are from genres i dont like to play (like horror and city builders). So i have that now to remind me that just because a game is on sale i don't need it, even if i might want to play it someday. But that's just me, Steam Sales are still great (even if other sites often undercut those sales) and are awesome if you are new to PC gaming.

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I like sales. Sales for anything, really.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Not as much as I used to, but that's only because I've already bought so many games off sales. Of course there's always new games coming out, so I do still check every now and then.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm to the point where anything under 90% off doesn't seem like a good discount.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42: So you're mad that there are too many games out?

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have steam in offline mode at all times.

The constant bombardment of deals and pretty much ruined pc games for me. I have to many games that I have invested no money in that makes me feel like there is no reason to play them since I have invested so little. For example if I spend 60 on a game I am going to play the shit out of that game so that it was worth it. But I have so many games on steam that I haven't even installed, they look fun but I feel like why bother if there is nothing to gain or lose.

I am defiantly on the side of people that think all these sales maybe is not a good thing. If a bunch of people bought my game then that's great, but it means nothing if there is no community around the game people actually playing and engaging.

You base the time you spend on a game on how much you paid for it? What a horrible way to play games.

PC games have been ruined for you because you couldn't stop yourself from buying games when they were one sale but don't want to play them because you bought them on sale? That makes a ton of sense.

Whole bunch of crazy people in this thread.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ares42: So you're mad that there are too many games out?

No, I'm not mad. I'm just saying that if you fill your store window with a ton of garbage I'm not gonna bother going into your store.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By forkboy

There are new games released every year. Which means there are new games to drop on to the sales every time. So no, I still care.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
    deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose yeah... I haven't got a gaming PC really atm but I intend to get one at some point so I've been less keen to get into it steam sales just because I know I'm not going to play anything in the near future...

But Humble bundles are absolutely ridiculous... I've got like 60+ games for steam in the last yr or so from HumbleBundle and I can honestly say it's easily less than £20 I've spent. I can't think of better value in gaming.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gosh darnit I swear that the next company to discount hundreds of products will get a piece of my mind, yes sireee!

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 48

I don't care how or when I save money. But I do appreciate getting mails about when something on my wishlist is on sale.

I guess what is relevant for steam is are they giving me free coupons I care about, and are they making their biggest sales interesting and engaging. So far, yes. From the time I earnt that very first treasure-hat badge, to collecting cards, I still care about steam sales.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.