Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Does steam support GFWL achievements?

Marsher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Marsher

If you buy a game through steam, and it supports Games for Windows Live Achievements can you still get the achievements, even though it wasnt bought retail?

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ToastMan

Yup. Well, they work with my copy of DoW2, at least.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

If the game has Games for Windows Live support, yes, they do.  I have Street Fighter IV and FUEL on Steam and they both have GFWL and I have gotten achievements for them.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By defaulttag
    @SwirlinDervish: yes. retail or digital download from anywhere, if the game supports GFWL, you'll get the achievements. Direct2Drive, Steam, Gamersgate or directly from the publisher's website, it doesn't matter. If it supports GFWL, achievements will be there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.