Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Games continuing to run in background after closing

TravisRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TravisRex

I remember on the UPF where they played the game it also was running in the background and they were like 'wtf?'

So it might just be that game.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@travisrex said:

I remember on the UPF where they played the game it also was running in the background and they were like 'wtf?'

So it might just be that game.

Yeah I also recall that. It's not something I have seen with any games on my computer.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By rorie
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Sometimes Windows processes don't terminate properly, but it's nothing to do with Steam.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Yeah, the shut down process of an application can just be slow or buggy. I doubt they do it intentionally. This kind of shutdown bugs has low impact so they often don't get fixed. Just close it with the task manager.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

That is a scary thought. It's entirely possible for games like that where you can get the most if not all out of it within 2 hours.

I think it's just an oversight from development though. Steam at least tells you pretty clearly it's running so just a simple task manager and force close job.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.