Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Games on Steam with Live Achievements

NorthernFredz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By NorthernFredz

So I am fairly newish to this whole Steam malarkey. I have played games through Steam for years but only because my retail copies forced my hand. Anyway, I stumbled onto the store tab a few weeks ago after a hiatus from PC gaming and holy shit I have no money! Steam has stolen my money and left me with a list of games I will probably never play- I don't know what happened. I saw the words "Sale" and "80% off" and then, in under a minute, I had a list of about 10 games ready to be installed on my ancient laptop. Not good.

Anyway, after a bit of snooping on other people's blogs and forum posts, I was relieved to find I was not the only one. I had heard the GB staff speak of buying games on Steam that they will never probably play but I put this down to them working in the industry. I didn't think it would be a problem for a Joe No-one like me. I guess it's like muggings in foreign countries- You hear about them; but you never think it will happen to you. Well it did. Hats off to Valve, they have me hook, line and sinker.

I am only now starting to come around to the thought that this is probably what the next few years of my life will be like. I am now onto damage control. I have been trying to find out whether there is a way to combine my love of Xbox Live Achievements and Steam. I am aware that Steam has its own infrastructure of achievements for games like L4D2 etc but read somewhere that the Steam version of Fallout 3 allows you to earn Live achievements. I was just wondering if anyone could verify this and if anyone knows of any other games that when  downloaded through Steam allow you to earn Live achievements. I have done a quick scout of the internet in its entirety and struggled to find a completed list or even a started list for that matter.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

There is not a big list of games for windows live games, just go to gamesforwindows dot com to see the list, and yes the steam versions let you gain those live achievements.  Just note that not all the games for windows have achievements and it has to say it in the description.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.