Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Insurgency the rainbow 6 killer on steam?

PHARAOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PHARAOH

I picked this game up on steam summer sale for 6 bucks after seeing the steam browser video of it. And i have to say it's the rainbow 6 game that ubisoft is too stupid to give us. Just like how they turned Ghost recon into a call of duty clone with tiny maps they are trying to do the same with rainbow 6. Well forget ubisoft this game is so good its like if Rainbow 6 three and Counter Strike had a baby you would get this game. Its a hardcore shooter with people who loved those old games. For 10 dollars i may never play BF4 or call of duty again its that good. It only needs the mod community to make maps for it and its game over.

h0lgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I don't agree. For me, personally, Rainbow Six is much more about terrorism/anti-terrorism in the singleplayer/coop sense.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I honestly think it sucks. I played a ton of the original mod which had a much more methodical pace and vastly superior map design. The retail version just plays like a low-budget CS when you get down to it - nothing like either the original mod or the likes of Raven Shield.

PHARAOH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PHARAOH

@crysack said:

I honestly think it sucks. I played a ton of the original mod which had a much more methodical pace and vastly superior map design. The retail version just plays like a low-budget CS when you get down to it - nothing like either the original mod or the likes of Raven Shield.

It's not like counter strike go at all i hate that game to it's core. LIke i said its just like the old rainbow 6 games.

And @ h0lgr No one played rainbow for the single player its all about the multiplayer in that game.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I dont really understand the Rainbow Six comparison outside of "ITS TACTICAL!!!!". The games aren't really similar, especially if you are talking about the most recently announced one.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go ahead and spectate the bots.

That game is vaguely in the same hemisphere as Rainbow Six but it's not really that similar.

I enjoy Insurgency in a sort of simple way, but A) it's pretty messy and B) it's not that similar to Rainbow six, especially the more mechanically complex ones. Despite claims to the opposite, it has much more in common with Counterstrike. Especially the multiplayer.

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pharaoh said:

@crysack said:

It's not like counter strike go at all i hate that game to it's core. LIke i said its just like the old rainbow 6 games.

And @ h0lgr No one played rainbow for the single player its all about the multiplayer in that game.

I respectfully disagree. It's more of a run-and-gun game than anything else simply because of the movement speed and weapon handling - hell, there's even a slide move. Low player health doesn't make it a tactical shooter. The old mod had comparatively slow movement, clunkier weapon handling and more effective suppression effects - all of which sound like negatives but which made for a more methodical game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.