Looking for good cheap steam games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Tuggah (1073 posts) -

I am looking for some good games I can get on steam for under 15 dollars. They can be shooters, RPGs, Simulations, sports, or RTS games. New games or old. Suggest me some good or interesting games. Much thanks in advance.

#2 Edited by X19 (2306 posts) -
#3 Posted by BeachThunder (12295 posts) -

Be as specific as you possibly can, there are hundreds of games that are <$15 on Steam =/

#4 Posted by animateria (3253 posts) -

You can try to wait for a Steam sale, those things make everything super cheap. 

I got most of my library on sales so I can't really recommend them since they cost a lot more now.

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4751 posts) -

Alien Swarm and Trackmania Nations Forever are both free.

#6 Posted by BeachThunder (12295 posts) -

Actually, get Zeno Clash :3

#7 Posted by Tuggah (1073 posts) -
@BeachThunder: The thing I am most looking for is actual games (the 10/5 dollar sections are filled with DLC and bad games), that are either interesting or good. I also would like some smaller games/indie games, which usually come along with the cheaper price point.
#8 Posted by SMTDante89 (2613 posts) -

America's Army 3 (I think it was 3) is also free on Steam.

#9 Posted by Legend (2660 posts) -

If you'd like to try something different, I recommend I-Fluid. It costs $5 on Steam right now.

#10 Posted by BeachThunder (12295 posts) -
@Tuggah said:
" @BeachThunder: The thing I am most looking for is actual games (the 10/5 dollar sections are filled with DLC and bad games), that are either interesting or good. I also would like some smaller games/indie games, which usually come along with the cheaper price point. "
Well, Zeno Clash is interesting, in fact, it's downright weird. Anyway, some more ideas:

Audiosurf
VVVVVV
Braid
And Yet it Moves
Ben There Dan That Pack
#11 Edited by B0nd07 (1701 posts) -

Based on what I've played:

$10>

Magicka
AudioSurf
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Company of Heroes
Plants vs. Zombies
World of Goo
Braid
Psychonauts
Altitude
Beat Hazard
Evil Genius
Half-Life 2: Episode 1 

$5>

Poker Night at the Inventory
VVVVVV
Puzzle Agent

Free

Alien Swarm
Trackmania Nations Forever

I probably missed a few.
#12 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5855 posts) -

The Longest Journey
Penumbra
Chime 
Titan Quest

#13 Posted by RJMacReady (346 posts) -

Magicka defiantly magicka

#14 Posted by sfighter21 (798 posts) -

Well, Braid is simply amazing!  Mind was blown when I played this game.  Also, right now, Darksiders is $10 until monday.  I bought it, but haven't played it yet.  But apparently its a good game.  And for $10, I can think of worse games I have spent that money on.  *cough* Spyro *cough*  Enter the Dragonfly *cough*.  I was young and just got my ps2.  Don't judge me.

#15 Posted by MikkaQ (10334 posts) -
@Legend: Oh sweet, that's an actual game now? I remember playing that game when it was just a weird tech demo/project thing. That's really cool, I should grab that. 
#16 Posted by Riotisonfire (123 posts) -

alien swarm, track mania, those are really things I can get behind. serious sam i have always enjoyed. Hell Mass effect 2 is only 20 dollars.

#17 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

Gish

#18 Posted by Gahz1 (1 posts) -

Get binding of isaac

#19 Edited by Chaser324 (6716 posts) -

I doubt the thread creator is still looking for suggestions 2.5 years later, but if he is, he's free to make a new thread.

Locking this down.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.