Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Link is crashing my internet

salad10203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Plays for a little while then my internet crashes in general. No internet via ethernet to my desktop and the wireless signal disappears.

Windows 8 Host PC (wired). Wireless for Steam Link. Linksys e4200.

Anyone experienced this and know how to fix?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Well to be clear it's not really crashing your internet as such since it isn't doing anything external to your home network, but your router sure doesn't seem to be having a good time. Your router might be struggling with network traffic prioritization. Open your Steam settings on the host PC and go to the Advanced Host Options under In-Home Streaming, once in there disable the Prioritize network traffic option and restart Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.