Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

Steam Reviews: Pineapples, PixelJunk, Snuggle Trucks & Titans

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

Edited By MikeLemmer

After nearly a straight week of playing, the reviews for all 4 $10-or-less Steam games released last week are now up, just in time for people to grab them during their initial sales ($1-2 off listed price):

Pineapple Smash Crew

PixelJunk Eden

Snuggle Truck

Titan Attacks!

I'm still experimenting with the format & details of the review, so feedback would be appreciated.

I also see that the Daily Special today is Shatter, a game I bought & played a while back. Is it worth the price?

Yes. This is my favorite Arkanoid clone of all time. The push/pull mechanic lets you influence the ball even when it isn't the paddle and really adds a lot to the gameplay. Combine that with tight controls and a killer soundtrack ($3.40 for the game? I paid $10 just for the OST!) and you have, IMO, an unsung classic. I'd write up a more thorough review, but I've just finished 5 in the past 24 hours, played over 30 hours of games for review in the past week, and would rather not think reviewing games for a day or two.

So... which of the games I've reviewed do I want to play during my downtime? Well, I want to make some more progress on Space Pirates and Zombies, although Pineapple Smash Crew is also tempting. (If only Pineapple Smash had difficulty levels or high scores or something!) I also thought about finishing up the post-ending area of Fortune Summoners to see if there's a Hidden Boss and a True Ending, but from the forum chatter it's apparently just new monsters to kill and new items to loot. I'll pass on that; I don't understand why people would want better items when they've already beaten everything else.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MikeLemmer

After nearly a straight week of playing, the reviews for all 4 $10-or-less Steam games released last week are now up, just in time for people to grab them during their initial sales ($1-2 off listed price):

Pineapple Smash Crew

PixelJunk Eden

Snuggle Truck

Titan Attacks!

I'm still experimenting with the format & details of the review, so feedback would be appreciated.

I also see that the Daily Special today is Shatter, a game I bought & played a while back. Is it worth the price?

Yes. This is my favorite Arkanoid clone of all time. The push/pull mechanic lets you influence the ball even when it isn't the paddle and really adds a lot to the gameplay. Combine that with tight controls and a killer soundtrack ($3.40 for the game? I paid $10 just for the OST!) and you have, IMO, an unsung classic. I'd write up a more thorough review, but I've just finished 5 in the past 24 hours, played over 30 hours of games for review in the past week, and would rather not think reviewing games for a day or two.

So... which of the games I've reviewed do I want to play during my downtime? Well, I want to make some more progress on Space Pirates and Zombies, although Pineapple Smash Crew is also tempting. (If only Pineapple Smash had difficulty levels or high scores or something!) I also thought about finishing up the post-ending area of Fortune Summoners to see if there's a Hidden Boss and a True Ending, but from the forum chatter it's apparently just new monsters to kill and new items to loot. I'll pass on that; I don't understand why people would want better items when they've already beaten everything else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.