Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Steam

Concept »

A digital distribution service owned by Valve Corporation. Originally created to distribute Valve's own games, Steam has since become the de facto standard for digital distribution of PC games.

The Steamies - Steam Summer Sale Awards

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Rhaknar

sale is over. Well, 1 more day, but we all assume its just a recap day. All and all, I would say it was as sucessful as previous ones, if not more so. the meta game was inofensive enough, and gives you free stuff, and most of the deals were good, if in some cases noticiable lower than they have been in the past. So, that said, lets give out awards for the good, the bad, the surprising or dissapointing stuff you got in this sale. Remember, this is only for games you bought. Let's get this rolling:

The "Best Deal" Award goes to
    : Paradox Fantasy Pack 84% off. for around 8 bucks, you get Majesty 2 and all its DLC, plus Elven Legacy and its 3 expansion, plus Majesty 1 Gold. That's a lot og strategy / rpg gaming for 8 bucks. Remember, its the best deal, not the best game. 
    Runner up: Aquaria 75% off 5 bucks, amazing game, ive talked enough about it in other threads.

The "Best Game I Had Never Heard About" Award goes to
    : Aquaria. Well to be fair I haven't played most of what I bought, but i loved this game so much, it easily wins.
    Runner up: Dreamfall + Longest Journey pack

The "Double Dip" Award for game you already owned on disc, or on another system, goes to: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, because i had it on ps3 and never played it, bought it for 20 bucks and sold the ps3 one for 20bucks :P So it wins ^_^
    Runner up: Singularity

The "Whoa This Game Is Awesome" award for games you bought not knowing what to expect, goes to: Atom Zombie Smasher, awesome take on tower defense, 2 hours flew by when i first booted it up. shame about the fucked up save system tho.
    Runner up: Bit.Trip.runner

The "Fuck, I Should Have Bought That" award goes to: Empire & Napolean Game Of The Year Edition, because it was a great deal for those games with all the dlc, and i always wanted to play a total war game :/
    Runner Up: Transformers War For Cybertron

The "Got Away With It" award for game you bought while it had the wrong discount, goes to: Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition easily, me and a friend got it when it was 43% off by mistake on the first day (33% from capcom sale and 10% from owning vanilla).
    Runner up: Nothing, thats the only thing I got away with. 

The "Aww Thanks" for games you were gifted
    : Frozen Synapse, right here on giantbomb
    Runner Up: Nothing :p

and with the good, of course, comes the bad. Let's call these... the Steampiles :p

The "Worst Deal" Award goes to: Dragon Age 2 only 40% off. There were worse deals, like 50% on Prototype which is more than 2 years old, but this is only for games we bought.
    Runner Up: Fallout 3 Game Of The Year 66% off when it really should be 75% by now.

The "Whoa, This Is Bad Even For 5 Bucks!" award goes to: Stubbs The Zombie for $2.50, because it's broken and won't run on most modern computers with nvidias, mine included. So it wins by default, because at least i could play the runner up.
    Runner Up: Garshasp, for $2.50. I rarely say this, but it's not even worth that. It really is quite awful, but at least it's short >_>

The "Why Did I Buy This" Award for game you probably will never play, goes to: The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.
    Runner Up:  The Might & Magic 5 Collection

This last one is special, since its a award for a game you DIDNT buy

The "Sad Clown" Award for game you most wanted to go on sale, but didn't, goes to: Bulletstorm. Fuck you EA.
    Runner Up: Blur. Fuck you Activision. And no that shitty 33% off it has doesn't count :/

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Cirdain
    @Rhaknar: for  The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion. Just play and fuck around with the benny hill classic tune in the background  

This is like... years old 

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Nekroskop

The Bobby Kotic Lifetime of Excellent Greed Award goes to: Vampire the Masquerade. A 7 year old game that is usually 20 Euroes, now only 33% off. The developer isn't seeing a dime of that money anyway since it's defunct.

Activision gets ALL your money on that one. They could have at least bumped it down to 66%

Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Rhaknar

the idea was for you guys to post your own choices...lazy fucks! :p

@ahaisthisourchance said:

The Bobby Kotic Lifetime of Excellent Greed Award goes to: Vampire the Masquerade. A 7 year old game that is usually 20 Euroes, now only 33% off. The developer isn't seeing a dime of that money anyway since it's defunct.

Activision gets ALL your money on that one. They could have at least bumped it down to 66%

and yet another sale where i dont buy Bloodlines... it the principle of the thing
    mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By mnzy
    Best 17th century Shoot 'Em Up set on Mars, goes to: Jamestown
    Tough competition in that one as usual but it had the best Spaniard enemies of them all.
    hanktherapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By hanktherapper

I managed to restrain myself with this sale. The only games I bought were Tropico 3 and Civilization V. Real excited about Civ5 as I've been waiting for it to go on sale. I regret not buying the complete Magicka pack for $8.00.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Enigma777

I picked up Terreria for $7.50. Kinda ticked off it's $2.50 now. Even more ticked off cause it's a pretty terrible game...

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Starfishhunter9

I got company of heroes for something like $2.5. I thought that was a great deal.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By project343
    @Enigma777 said:

I picked up Terreria for $7.50. Kinda ticked off it's $2.50 now. Even more ticked off cause it's a pretty terrible game...

Terraria's actually quite fantastic. Quite very fantastic. Invest more time!
    MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By MEATBALL

Dragon Age II isn't even 6 months old, I'm not sure what you were expecting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.