Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released May 12, 1999

The third and final iteration of Street Fighter III, including a wealth of gameplay and design revisions while introducing several new combatants.

Online Edition Patch (27/9/11) - Fixes numerous issues

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By AndrewJD

Some notes have been posted over on the capcom forumsdetailing an upcoming patch for 3rd Strike Online due on the 27th september:

• Fixes a bug that made it difficult to get into a Ranked Match, especially during times of peak traffic.
    • Fixes a bug that could cause players to have very large disconnection percentages (> 100)
    • Fixes a bug that could cause characters to become invisible online, or to be displayed with incorrect colors.
    • Fixes a bug that sometimes caused Hugo’s combo trial #2 to not detect correctly
    • Fixes a bug that permitted an exploit in Trial mode when using "stun" settings
    • Fixes some rare crashes
    • Improves network stability
    • Adds support for additional DLC packs
    • Raises the online level cap

The patch is currently going through the submissions process, and we are targeting a 9/27 release date. Make sure to check back as we will have more news about this update.

Also, we are working on another patch that will address some additional items, as well as add some new functionality to the game (hello dummy recording in training mode!).

The biggest one for me is the ranked match fix but the addition of dummy recording in training mode is certainly welcomed, although it should have been in there in the first place.....

VicRattlehead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By VicRattlehead

yeh the ranked match fix is badly needed... i haven't bothered playing the game since the week it came out because the match making is so bad, pretty disappointed its still a week and a half away

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By AndrewJD

@VicRattlehead said:

yeh the ranked match fix is badly needed... i haven't bothered playing the game since the week it came out because the match making is so bad, pretty disappointed its still a week and a half away

If I didn't have people on my friends list who played I wouldn't have got many games myself, takes so long to get into a match :(

MisterDakotaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By MisterDakotaJ

Finally! I got this a week ago and had a hard time believing the online functions as poorly as it does. Great game, even though I really really suck at it. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.