Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

A simple question

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeneralTurkle

If I am a newer guy to fighting games and are interested, would this be a game for me? Or should I wait for SSF4?

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Stang

If you want to be competitive, start now. The fundamentals you learn now will transfer to Super.

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SuperSecretAgenda

Get it now. It's cheep anyway.

GeneralTurkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By GeneralTurkle

How is it with a fight stick?

I'm not gonna go waste a bunch of money, just want make the experience better

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Stang

Depends on your ability level. I suck with pad, but can perform well with a stick. I know a few people who are absolutely insane with pad, and transitioning to stick did not really improve their game too much. Stick does not make you magically better, no matter what you do it is going to take a lot of time and practice to get good.

newmarcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By newmarcom
    @GeneralTurkle said:
    " How is it with a fight stick?  I'm not gonna go waste a bunch of money, just want make the experience better "
    I wouldn't say a stick is a better experience. Get a stick only if you're already used to or plan to play in arcades a lot. Otherwise, playing with a normal controller works just as well. Pro pad players do exist in high level tournaments.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

If you are going to play just for fun, I say wait till Super comes out.

EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

I say buy it now since it's already pretty cheap. If you like it enough, you can get super when it comes out. Super is already suppose to come out at a cheaper price so its not going to be too much money if you own both. On the other hand, if you get the game now, and you don't like it, you'll know before you spend the money on Super. 

As for sticks, I would recommend them only because they really are the way the game was meant to be played and most would agree it's somewhat easier to control. There are definitely high-level players out there that are insane with a pad so if you're not ready to drop the $80-$120 on a stick, you can get a fight pad for less. At the least theres the standard xbox controller to use too.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scooper

You can probably find the game for like $15 or something now online so grab it if you really wanna play some Street Fighter or just wait a few months till Super comes out if you can wait.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.