Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Abel Player Matches 1

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By AndrewJD

Three player matches over PSN between myself as Abel and various opponents (Guile, Rufus and Dan).

Disclaimer: This post is by no means in response to the video in a previous blog, featuring this user getting pummelled by Cammy.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AndrewJD

Three player matches over PSN between myself as Abel and various opponents (Guile, Rufus and Dan).

Disclaimer: This post is by no means in response to the video in a previous blog, featuring this user getting pummelled by Cammy.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

That was a combo-less, grabby Guile. That Rufus was weaksauce. That Dan was OK.

You should talk to Flushes. He can teach you some shit about Abel.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    They were all scrubs.
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Flushes
    @Napalm said:
    " That was a combo-less, grabby Guile. That Rufus was weaksauce. That Dan was OK.  You should talk to Flushes. He can teach you some shit about Abel. "
    He looked fine to me. All I've got is:
    • Don't be afraid to do something besides command grab after a step kick > jab string. Tick throws get stale pretty fast. Try stuff like close standing roundhouse as an overhead, stand fierce xx change of direction, neutral jumping, air grab to catch jump outs, etc. Mix it up and keep them guessing.
    • In air-to-air situations, consider crossing under them every so often when you land for another free mixup. Try to make it as ambiguous as possible.
    • When you've got super loaded, fish for crossup forward into stand fierce, and cancel into super from the second hit of the fierce. It gives you a huge amount of time to hitconfirm for the super, and is relatively safe on block.
    • Learn to FADC change direction into low fierce > ultra, and abuse it. Easy way to land your ultra off a crossup, low forward poke, step kick, low strong, etc. Make people afraid of the completely retarded damage on his ultra.
    • Try some resets and other assorted trickery. They get old fast, but you're usually guaranteed at least one 50+ percent damage reset per set, even versus an opponent who knows what's up.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Plasma

If in doubt, throw the wheel kick about. But seriously, you'd be surprised how many people are caught out by the speed of lk. wheel kick. 

Also wheres the Painbow? Touchdown? Haagen Daz!? Ok to be fair you scoop'd alot.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Flushes: Cheers for the advice dude.

The only thing on that list that I have a problem with is FADC to ultra. Even in training I can't do it consistently. It probably has something to do with playing lots of other characters, but I'll keep at it :)
    Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Flushes

An example of the two-hit fierce into super that warms my heart every single time: 

Surprise, motherfucker.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Stang

From the vid your Abel looks ok, but in my opinion your competition really can not be considered competition. They were more free then I am. Post some vids of you playing some better opponents. Pretty sad that the Dan player was the best of the bunch!

Flushes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Flushes

Dan/Abel is kind of a shitty match. It's one of Dan's few even matchups; light Dan kick pressure can shut Abel down pretty hard, and his uppercut is deceptively good.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Stang
    @Flushes: Ha, really! I expected the match up to be a 6-4 in Abel's favor seeing as most Dan match ups are 6-4. Maybe Abel will get a fireball in SSFIV, that should help when facing the beast we know as Dan.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Plasma
    @Stang said:
    " @Flushes: Ha, really! I expected the match up to be a 6-4 in Abel's favor seeing as most Dan match ups are 6-4. Maybe Abel will get a fireball in SSFIV, that should help when facing the beast we know as Dan. "
    Danford is good 
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Flushes: I've gone from standing fierce to super a few times now, your right it's pretty easy.

@Stang said:
    " From the vid your Abel looks ok, but in my opinion your competition really can not be considered competition. They were more free then I am. Post some vids of you playing some better opponents. Pretty sad that the Dan player was the best of the bunch! "

Okey Dokey, better videos on the way!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.