Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Accidentally unlocked ahievements

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor

So I decided to take the plunge on SFIV for PC as I sold my PS3 copy ages ago (it was my first ever SF game and I just didn't have the time to learn how to input the moves or any of the tactics - coming from Tekken and Guilty Gear, the input difficulty barrier really struck hard - I could never pull off any of the ultras so essentially was locked out each character's most damaging attack  - so I thought I'd wait until I had more free time) - I had gotten used to playing as Sakura and some of the other initially locked out characters so decided I couldn't be bothered to go through that process all over again and used a separate programme to alter the file and unlock them for me so I could jump straight back in. 

Only problem was that it also unlocked 5 achievements - nowhere on the programme's website (or youtube page where I first found it) mentioned that it would do anything more than unlock characters and alternative costumes/voices. I have a rather modest achievement score (around 23000) and have never played a game just to unlock more - do you think there's any chance my account will get flagged? It was only for a grand total of 150G but the fact that they all unlocked at exactly the same time and without any of the other main ones probably looks suspicious....

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By 71Ranchero

They flag accounts for this all the time. Just unlocking one charicter with that app has potentially raised a flag some were.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By lordofultima

Don't take shortcuts! This is the lesson learned.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

No, you'll be fine.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vitor
    @lordofultima said: 

" Don't take shortcuts! This is the lesson learned. "

I tend not to - Sod's law that the first time I EVER use a cheat to unlock characters it screws me over (heck, I even refused to use cheats on GTA) .   

@CL60 said: 

" No, you'll be fine. "

Judging by Jeff's rant a podcast or two ago, it seems MS isn't really cracking down on achievement unlocking too much so I should be fine but still, annoying that it happened - I enjoy earning them and this definitely cheapens it.    
    spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By spazmaster666
    @Atramentous said:
    " They flag accounts for this all the time. Just unlocking one charicter with that app has potentially raised a flag some were. "
    Yeah but considering this is GFWL and the fact that it isn't some idiot hexing his account so that he manages to have online achievements unlocked offline, it's highly unlikely that anything will come out of this. Not to mention that using cheats, trainers, and mods with PC games has been a standard practice for a long, long time. In other words, Microsoft probably isn't going to reset gamer score just because you unlocked five achievements in one game at the same time. It takes more than that for them to reset your gamer score.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.