Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Do not FEAR!

• 70 results
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By EvilGreenDevil
    @Stang said:
    " @jaycee13 said:
    " @Stang: what exactly would be the purpose of gloves in a gym? Do they have a picture of spiderman on them? Or the hulk, that would be more suiting i guess. "
    Have you ever tried doing shrugs with 2 80 pound dumb bells, or bench 2 80 pound dumb bells? That shit shreds up your hands! "

After a while they just callus up and you're fine kind of like the calluses you have on your finger from starting your combos with crouching jab x1,000
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Stang
    @EvilGreenDevil said:

" @Stang said:

" @jaycee13 said:
    " @Stang: what exactly would be the purpose of gloves in a gym? Do they have a picture of spiderman on them? Or the hulk, that would be more suiting i guess. "
    Have you ever tried doing shrugs with 2 80 pound dumb bells, or bench 2 80 pound dumb bells? That shit shreds up your hands! "
    After a while they just callus up and you're fine kind of like the calluses you have on your finger from starting your combos with crouching jab x1,000 "
    Haha, I liked that one. Touché sir.
    jaycee13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By jaycee13
    @demontium: actually it was from sliding with my bare fingers across the buttons, not pressing them, my fingertips have been conditioned since i was young being into basketball.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @jaycee13: That's why you get a Billiards glove. I got one and Canned has one no problems and they are mad cheap. 

As for pianoing vs sliding, unless you are really good at it pianoing will give you EX MOST of the times especially when you are rushed in a match. The slide you cant really get EX unless you have massive figures or put another finger down. Also the Slide is generally the one used by people who use it in combos (Yeb (80% combos work) vs Jimbbo(60%) the slide is better. :D
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55  Edited By demontium
    @jaycee13 said:
    " @demontium: actually it was from sliding with my bare fingers across the buttons, not pressing them, my fingertips have been conditioned since i was young being into basketball. "
    I just put two fingers on the button and rock it left to right lightly.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By lordofultima
    @EvilGreenDevil said:

" @Stang said:

" @jaycee13 said:

After a while they just callus up and you're fine kind of like the calluses you have on your finger from starting your combos with crouching jab x1,000 "
    Calluses are actually very unhealthy for your hands, I wouldn't recommend keeping them around as they will tear off eventually and take larger chunks of skin. Thought this was the forum about HANDS. MY BAD. 

It's hard for me to individualize finger movement, making it hard to pluck each button with a different finger while having similar time in-between all the buttons. I don't really roll my fingers so much as rock my hand, so when doing motions like LP~MP~HP for my demon plink, I rotate my wrist to compensate. I can do it like 70% now, I just realized that I don't like rolling my fingers from right to left, only left to right. So I just do jab strong fierce jab fierce. (pretty much the opposite of MR. SNK's way)
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AniMoney
    @lordofultima said:
     I just realized that I don't like rolling my fingers from right to left, only left to right. So I just do jab strong fierce jab fierce. (pretty much the opposite of MR. SNK's way) "
    I'm the opposite, I can only roll from right to left. The other way just doesn't feel right.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58  Edited By JJOR64
    @lordofultima said:
    " Pianoing is pretty tough, I generally do it too fast so it turns into a plink, and I get ex hands instead of normal hands. Sliding is annoying because I hit other buttons, and I don't like moving my hand at all while hitting buttons. Moral of the story, characters with mash specials are dumb. "
    I'm like you.  A lot of the time when I try to piano hands, I get ex hands.  Same goes for sliding.  Maybe I should start using turbo now.    :P
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah, made a video on my magic discovery to piano inputs. So weird that this thread brought about this: 

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima: OMG NO WAY
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " Yeah, made a video on my magic discovery to piano inputs. So weird that this thread brought about this: 

"
    Best music ever?
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By lordofultima
    @Jeffsekai: Yeah I know it's pretty weird how 30 mintues ago I was advocating sliding and now I find it silly when pianoing is godlike. NOOB 

@demontium: It's from the SFII Vocal Collection, I love that album.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Yeah I know it's pretty weird how 30 mintues ago I was advocating sliding and now I find it silly when pianoing is godlike. NOOB 

@demontium: It's from the SFII Vocal Collection, I love that album. "
    Anyways, I just found a way to HD capture, and I was wondering if you could PM me the editing software you use, because hopefully you know that I love your videos!
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By lordofultima
    @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Yeah I know it's pretty weird how 30 mintues ago I was advocating sliding and now I find it silly when pianoing is godlike. NOOB 

Anyways, I just found a way to HD capture, and I was wondering if you could PM me the editing software you use, because hopefully you know that I love your videos! "
    Well, just knowing what the software is isn't going to make it look better than say, windows movie maker. The real secret? Magic hands. But I use Adobe After Effects CS4, Sony Vegas Pro, and Cyberlink PowerDirector. 
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:

Anyways, I just found a way to HD capture, and I was wondering if you could PM me the editing software you use, because hopefully you know that I love your videos! "
    Well, just knowing what the software is isn't going to make it look better than say, windows movie maker. The real secret? Magic hands. But I use Adobe After Effects CS4, Sony Vegas Pro, and Cyberlink PowerDirector.  "
    How does one go about obtaining these "magic hands?" Copious amounts of masturbation?? I'm half way there if so!
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:

Well, just knowing what the software is isn't going to make it look better than say, windows movie maker. The real secret? Magic hands. But I use Adobe After Effects CS4, Sony Vegas Pro, and Cyberlink PowerDirector.  "
    Im guessing it all costs tons of money?
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Scooper
    @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:

Im guessing it all costs tons of money? "
    Yeah it probably does. Just like Photoshop costs a shit ton.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @lordofultima said:

How does one go about obtaining these "magic hands?" Copious amounts of masturbation?? I'm half way there if so! "
    That made me laugh amazing.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AniMoney
    @lordofultima said:
     The real secret? Magic hands.
    MAGIKKUUUUU!!!!!!
    Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Thrawn1
    @lordofultima said:
    "pianoing is godlike. NOOB" 

REPRESENT 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.