Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Gambit vs. Napalm - Happy Anniversary!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By napalm

So me and Gambit went around 15 matches or so, most of which I had won. (I don't know the exact score because my matches from previous players carried over, and it was just a big mess trying to figure it out.) In return, here's a few things I learned:

- I am staying away from Gambit and his damn long-armed Dhalsim.
    - If I am going to jump OVER Dhalsim's special fireball, do it BEFORE he jumps over it, so I don't jump directly into it.
    - I didn't know it was possible to hit the first two Somersault Kicks in Guile's Ultra and miss the third. I was like, "wtf?" That happened twice.
    - Kudos to Gambit for living wherever he lives, we had four bars when we boxed. It was pretty awesome.
    - Thank you for not spamming the butt attack from E. Honda that so many other players seem to do.
     - Gambit's Ryu is seriously legit. He took me to town when he played as him. Is that your main? Damn. I got fucking whooped. I was hoping you would eventually go back to him and kick my ass around the level a little more.

So yes, all of my talk of not being able to connect to people is still true, just live where Gambit lives and we can play. :p

But seriously Gambit, good games man. It was hella fun playing with you.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpecialBuddy

Awwwwwww snaaaap. Gambit got beat by Guile!  He lives in the Alabama and yes his internet is pretty good.

I was talking to him while he played you and I think the shit his pants when you jumped into his ultra. Ive never heard him laugh so hard and frankly it scared the crap out of me. I thought he was dying or something.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By JokerClown88

This is kind of off topic, but do all of yall play on PS3 or on the 360?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @JokerClown88 said:

360, but there are some PS3
    JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JokerClown88
    @Jeffsekai:
    Dang that sucks.  My 360 died this morning and it is out of warrenty. :'( 

i would love to play with yall some time when I get a replacement (I am nowhere near as good as all of yall though.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By napalm
    @SpecialBuddy said:
    " Awwwwwww snaaaap. Gambit got beat by Guile!  He lives in the Alabama and yes his internet is pretty good.  I was talking to him while he played you and I think the shit his pants when you jumped into his ultra. Ive never heard him laugh so hard and frankly it scared the crap out of me. I thought he was dying or something. "
    LMAO. Yeah, I was like, "oh dude, this will be easy to avoid," and as soon as he jumped I jumped between him and the fireball and I was cracking up so hard. It was a fluke accident because it was just a knee-jerk reaction, but the way it played out was so hilarious.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Aw, was hoping for vids.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By napalm
    @Jolly_Lolly said:
    " Aw, was hoping for vids. "
    Sorry, dude. It was kind of a spark of the moment kind of thing. I sent him an invite real quick and it just went from there.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Stang

Ah man, so still no hope for Napalm vs Stang: Happy Hanukkah! I assume :(

And Gambit using sim? Pics or it didn't happen!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " Ah man, so still no hope for Napalm vs Stang: Happy Hanukkah! I assume :(  And Gambit using sim? Pics or it didn't happen! "
    Yeah, where do you live anyway and what timezone are you in? My ability to connect to people seems weirdly dependent on that.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Stang

California, pacific coast time.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " California, pacific coast time. "
    Yeah... probably not, haha. I mean, we can give it a shot but I can't promise anything.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By JJOR64

About time you played Gambit.  :P

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Gambit
    @Stang: Yeah I used sim lol I only picked Ryu and fei long once. Then just started messing around.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Stang

I wasn't sure he was talking about you after reading the first post! Honda, sim...I was kind of like "what the fuck?" I have got to see you play dhalsim! Did you try to rush down or do the typical turtling?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @Stang: I thought him everything he knows about Sim. So what ever he does with Sim is what I do with him.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stang
    @SpecialBuddy: So there is no doubt about it, he is a beast! And good job with those hard trials, I was too busy nerd raging to properly congratulate your achievement. That is true skill.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By napalm

His Ryu and Fei Long are more formidable than his Dhalsim. I'm never sure how to go after Dhalsim when I fight him, honestly.

Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

I still haven't played anyone other than the last Go For Broke tournament. 
    I wanna try my terrible Akuma against some of the fellas.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By napalm
    @OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
    " I still haven't played anyone other than the last Go For Broke tournament. I wanna try my terrible Akuma against some of the fellas. "
    What's your GamerTag, timezone and State?
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

OwnlyUzinWonHan, Eastern annnnd Florida. 
    Though I won't be on until tomorrow, I'm at my dad's and the 360's at my mom's.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stang

I will send ya a friend request.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By napalm

Beat that ass!

EDIT: I mean, whoops.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm said:
    " Beat that ass!  EDIT: I mean, whoops. "
    ???
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " Beat that ass!  EDIT: I mean, whoops. "
    ??? "
    Shh.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AniMoney

I haven't played any of you guys except for Stang, and we had some good back and forth matches. I will definitely have to play some of you guys.  

I'm in Virginia btw, Gamertag is AniMoney.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Stang
    @AniMoney said:
    " I haven't played any of you guys except for Stang, and we had some good back and forth matches. I will definitely have to play some of you guys.   I'm in Virginia btw, Gamertag is AniMoney. "
    Here is a fair warning, his Balrog is a nasty bastard. Shit, he is pretty good with everybody. I had to resort to picking Sagat once to beat him! I feel dirty :(
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    " I haven't played any of you guys except for Stang, and we had some good back and forth matches. I will definitely have to play some of you guys.   I'm in Virginia btw, Gamertag is AniMoney. "
    Here is a fair warning, his Balrog is a nasty bastard. Shit, he is pretty good with everybody. I had to resort to picking Sagat once to beat him! I feel dirty :( "
    He never said who specifically. Who are you talking about?
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    @Stang said:
    " @AniMoney said: 
    Here is a fair warning, his Balrog is a nasty bastard. Shit, he is pretty good with everybody.    I had to resort to picking Sagat  once to beat him! I feel dirty :( "
    You make me sick.  

<3
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @AniMoney said:
    Here is a fair warning, his Balrog is a nasty bastard. Shit, he is pretty good with everybody. I had to resort to picking Sagat once to beat him! I feel dirty :( "
    He never said who specifically. Who are you talking about? "
    AniMoney. Who else would I be talking about?

@Jolly_Lolly said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @AniMoney said: 
    Here is a fair warning, his Balrog is a nasty bastard. Shit, he is pretty good with everybody.    I had to resort to picking Sagat  once to beat him! I feel dirty :( "
    You make me sick.  

<3
    "

Haha! I feel sick because I had to use somebody besides Ken. Ken's fireball game is poop, and sadly frustration got the better of me and I had to use the one eyed bastard. I was fadc'ing like a retarded monkey! 

No disrespect to Sagat players :)
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AniMoney
    @Stang said:

@Jolly_Lolly said:

" @Stang said:
    " @AniMoney said: 
    You make me sick.  

<3
    "
    Haha! I feel sick because I had to use somebody besides Ken. Ken's fireball game is poop, and sadly frustration got the better of me and I had to use the one eyed bastard. I was fadc'ing like a retarded monkey!   No disrespect to Sagat players :) "
    Ken's fireball game is poop, that's why everyone online has switched to Ryu or Sagat. I can't even use ex dash punches too much against those guys because they recover so fast. But your ken was pretty damn good. And I'm really not that good with everybody, I can play decent with a handful of characters, but Balrog is clearly my best. You wrecked me when I tried Rose and Vega though. And I was laughing so hard when I picked Ken to mirror match you and won with a mashed out srk. lol, only online I guess.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Stang

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny when you got me on that Ken vs Ken match. It was my fault though, I should have stopped trying combos the first time you pounded out an srk, but I didnt. You were smart enough to shorten your strings when I was trying to see how good your rog links were.

I was getting really frustrated missing so many fadc's when I was going for ultras as well as cancels on blocked fierce srks. I could not afford to make any mistakes against your Balrog. I enjoyed it though, I don't really get to play against many rog's in G1, let alone good ones. You also taught me I have a filthy fucking mouth, be glad I was not chatting with you, you would never want to play again!

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By napalm
    UPDATE

So Gambit and I ended up boxing for a little over an hour, and I recorded all of it. The final score was 10 (me) - 15 (Gambit). What I will do is upload (almost) everything next week when I have time, because I don't have time this week or weekend.

The general gist of the matches is this basically: we started out even for the first couple of matches, and then he raped me for about 10 rounds because I didn't smarten up and counter his tactics properly, and he switched to other characters and I ended up on a 12 win streak or so. Anyway it was fun and even when Gambit was winning, we were both a few attacks away from defeat so it was neck and neck for a good portion of the rounds. There's also a good amount where he absolutely dominated me and vice versa.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By AniMoney
    @Stang said:
    " Yeah I thought that was pretty funny when you got me on that Ken vs Ken match. It was my fault though, I should have stopped trying combos the first time you pounded out an srk, but I didnt. You were smart enough to shorten your strings when I was trying to see how good your rog links were.  I was getting really frustrated missing so many fadc's when I was going for ultras as well as cancels on blocked fierce srks. I could not afford to make any mistakes against your Balrog. I enjoyed it though, I don't really get to play against many rog's in G1, let alone good ones. You also taught me I have a filthy fucking mouth, be glad I was not chatting with you, you would never want to play again! "
    Yeah I noticed you were mashing srk during my block strings so I just stopped early to get a free punish but you lucked out that you were able to fadc it a few times haha. And I think everyone curses when playing, I know I do.
    babz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By babz
    @JokerClown88 said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Dang that sucks.  My 360 died this morning and it is out of warrenty. :'(  i would love to play with yall some time when I get a replacement (I am nowhere near as good as all of yall though. "
    i play on ps3!
    EvilGreenDevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#36  Edited By EvilGreenDevil

I'm gonna throw my hat into the convo. I've made the switch to Sim and need some good practice. I've had a go with Stang a few times. Anyone else wanna play my tag is EvilGreenDevil on XBL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.