Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Help with Seth

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mattysen

So I just started playing Street Fighter 4 yesturday and get through the arcade in a cakewalk, but then when I get to the final stage against Seth, I start lossing like hell. Now we all know Seth is a cheep basturd, but the main problem I'm having is with that throw he does, Its like unavoidable.  

He spams that move 3 times on me and bam half my heath is gone. Also knowing how do avoid the Chun Li like move would be good

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

You have to be cheaper then him.  That means either be Gief and spam lariats (by far the easiest way; you can beat Seth on Hardest by doing this one move) or spam fireballs from a distance, etc.  Also I found that El Fuerte kicks the AI Seth's ass.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang

Jump kick, sweep. I found him manageable on the easier settings, but you have  to get back to the basics on anything above normal. His priority on normal+ difficulty is just ridiculous. 

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mattysen
    @kmdrkul: Im trying to unlock all the charcters so I gotta use charcters not of my choice. :(
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mattysen
    @Stang: Yeah I play on normal but anything else is too easy up to Seth
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By bicycleham

Keep your distance and use any projectile attacks if you have them. If you don't well, just spam a long range attack and back jump the fuck outta there.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah constant roundhouses is the trick as Stang said. Even on normal your best bet is jump kick + sweep. You might not beat him consistently this way on normal but it's still worth it as it requires no effort.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Brake

If you're just unlocking characters I'd set the game to easiest and one round wins. I mean to me unlocking was basically the same as grinding. No glory or honor involved. Just wanted to get it over with so I could concentrate on more important things.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Ineedaname
    @ChineseTea said:
    " If you're just unlocking characters I'd set the game to easiest and one round wins. I mean to me unlocking was basically the same as grinding. No glory or honor involved. Just wanted to get it over with so I could concentrate on more important things. "
    This. 
    Go on uber easy. It goes easy, very easy, easiest. The unlocking isn't relevant to any difficulty, anything goes.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By lordofultima

Yeah easiest ftw. I haven't even beaten the game on normal with like 20 of the characters.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By animateria

I play on the hardest mode without much difficulty, except Seth. I just return to title screen at that point.

At the hardest difficulty all the grab centric characters get pretty ridiculous, and Seth becomes near impossible.

But yeah, I just played on the easiest with everyone for the unlocks, I absolutely hate Seth.

mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mattysen
    @animateria: Yeah, hes a cheep basturd lol. I really want to beef up the difficulty to become better at Street Fighter, since I am always lossing online. ALWAYS
    Iggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Iggins
    @mattysen: Nah mate, the only way to get better at online is by playing online. single player will never prepare you for it. everyone losses alot to start with but soon it'll click with you.
    Dragonseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dragonseer

Also, there is a bug in Streetfighter 4 where sometimes the difficulty on Seth's stage is always set to the hardest, even when you pick the easiest level - so try on easiest and hardest and see if there is any difference when you get up to him.  I've heard you can clear this bug by deleting an install and starting over with your profile.  A good tip would be to always start the round by jumping in and doing an attack that ends in a sweep.  Then sweep him as he gets up, this usually works a couple of times at least.  The teleport to piledriver is completely broken though, yeah Seth sucks.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By napalm

I'm not huge fan of playing the CPU on any higher difficulty than normal. Mind-reading counters? No thanks.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By AndrewJD
    @Iggins said:
    " @mattysen: Nah mate, the only way to get better at online is by playing online. single player will never prepare you for it. everyone losses alot to start with but soon it'll click with you. "
    What he said.
    mattysen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mattysen
    @Iggins: Ok cheers, I guess your right then. 

@Dragonseer said:
    " Also, there is a bug in Streetfighter 4 where sometimes the difficulty on Seth's stage is always set to the hardest, even when you pick the easiest level - so try on easiest and hardest and see if there is any difference when you get up to him.  I've heard you can clear this bug by deleting an install and starting over with your profile.  A good tip would be to always start the round by jumping in and doing an attack that ends in a sweep.  Then sweep him as he gets up, this usually works a couple of times at least.  The teleport to piledriver is completely broken though, yeah Seth sucks. "

Yeah I played through Sakura on easy, had to return to the title screen then played it on the easiest, and he was even  harder I think. Will they ever patch the fix
    skrutop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By skrutop
    @Iggins said:
    " @mattysen: Nah mate, the only way to get better at online is by playing online. single player will never prepare you for it. everyone losses alot to start with but soon it'll click with you. "
    Dude, so true.  I'm getting housed right now online, but starting to make fewer and fewer mistakes.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Renahzor

Basically for unlocking stuff, I do like everyone else, 1 round on easiest.  Once you get used to it hes not really too bad, hes pretty psychic about his moves though.  The harder difficulties of CPU play don't represent how a person will play at all really, and infact you can learn some bad habits.  To get better at playing other people just fire up the online and have at it, or have some friends over and play a couple hundred matches with 1 or 2 characters, you'll start to learn a few of the tricks that way.  Just make sure you have good friends who wont call you cheap for throwing them 7 times from 100-0.  The ones you want to play against are the ones who will learn to tech that throw spam.  ;)

Avatar image for supersecretagenda
    SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just spam Hard Kicks. The AI on easiest cannot handle Hard Kicks.

Go figure.

XSsickboyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By XSsickboyX

Just Spam,Spam.Spam do as much spaming as Seth does and sweeps are the key to beating the cheap bastard
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Seth is really cheap, but all you have to do is kick and sweep, at the right time.

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By myke_tuna

Seth is a problem for me with anyone besides Balrog. Balrog is my main now, and even on hardest I usually have no trouble besides his "SPD" and his perfectly timed Ultra. I'd say to the frame even. I don't even count/worry about that shit, but I'm sure it was less than a second the couple times he's countered my move with his ultra/SPD. Otherwise, as Akuma (my other character), I have to really have my teleport game up. I can usually teleport around more than he does and get him from behind. I've also gotten really lucky once and teleported through his ultra. That shit was raw. But I usually lose around 2, maybe 3 matches before I beat him with anyone other than Balrog. Seth is just very cheap and very precise with that ultra timing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.