Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Oh SFIV Online, you frustrate me so

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Edited By FLStyle

You've just had a close match after 10 mins of searching, then it won't connect you to any yellow or green bars, but never hestitates to connect to red bars where you're either kicked or have a lag-tastic match. I've never going to be able to compete with my fellow G2ers if I get slaughtered once every 20 minutes of trying to find a match.

Speaking of which, where did all these G2-E people come from who I never fought in G3 who are twice as good as me? Talk about a jump in difficulty. Then I almost beat a G2-A Guile who seemed a slightly above average Guile player to what I'm used to ... what the hell is going on.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By FLStyle

You've just had a close match after 10 mins of searching, then it won't connect you to any yellow or green bars, but never hestitates to connect to red bars where you're either kicked or have a lag-tastic match. I've never going to be able to compete with my fellow G2ers if I get slaughtered once every 20 minutes of trying to find a match.

Speaking of which, where did all these G2-E people come from who I never fought in G3 who are twice as good as me? Talk about a jump in difficulty. Then I almost beat a G2-A Guile who seemed a slightly above average Guile player to what I'm used to ... what the hell is going on.
    AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

Can't help as far as the lag-tastic matches go, I have the same problem.

In regards to the G3 to G2 jump in difficulty, yeah I noticed it too. The problem with this system (or any points system I guess) is that it doesn't take into account how long you have been.playing. Therefore the only above average guile you speak of may have been playing solidly since the patch came out.

Either that or he's played a load O' scrubs :)

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

A possible solution to your problem may be hosting matches rather than searching for them. It doesn't make much sense, but when I do it it almost guarantees a smooth match.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By fr0br0

I am always discouraged to play online due to these type of problems. Some days, after the 10th straight "Could not connect" pop up I just turn the game off without getting a single match in.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Scooper

I haven't had the chance to try this but aparentaly the trick if you just want to get some player matches in is to play some arcade mode and have that option for people to join your game on. Vinny said sometime on the Bombcast that he can't even get a fight between the CPU because people keep challenging him.

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Agnogenic_delete
    Scooper said:
    "I haven't had the chance to try this but aparentaly the trick if you just want to get some player matches in is to play some arcade mode and have that option for people to join your game on. Vinny said sometime on the Bombcast that he can't even get a fight between the CPU because people keep challenging him."
    The same thing with me. I just normally host matches and wait though. Much easier than searching.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FLStyle

I'm pretty much close to giving up on SFIV, I'm probably going to sell my copy at the end of the week, I've got better things to do than win four out of one hundred G2 matches everytime I play. It seems to me like everyone knows something I don't. Most importantly, it just isn't fun anymore.

slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By slinky6
    FLStyle said:
    "I'm pretty much close to giving up on SFIV, I'm probably going to sell my copy at the end of the week, I've got better things to do than win four out of one hundred G2 matches everytime I play. It seems to me like everyone knows something I don't. Most importantly, it just isn't fun anymore."
    when things become challenging, give up, that's what I always say.   I host matches and I've got no problem getting into fights, sure I have to kick out people with low connections fairly frequently but it's not too bad.   Sounds like you're more of a sore loser than anything.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By keyhunter

You should play ranked matches and use Ken.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FLStyle
    slinky6 said:
    "FLStyle said:
    "I'm pretty much close to giving up on SFIV, I'm probably going to sell my copy at the end of the week, I've got better things to do than win four out of one hundred G2 matches everytime I play. It seems to me like everyone knows something I don't. Most importantly, it just isn't fun anymore."
    when things become challenging, give up, that's what I always say.   I host matches and I've got no problem getting into fights, sure I have to kick out people with low connections fairly frequently but it's not too bad.   Sounds like you're more of a sore loser than anything."
    I've never been a sore loser at anything in my life you cheeky bastard. I have no problem admitting to being inferior than all the other G2 players, way to try and make a video game discussion personal.
    Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jolly_Lolly
    FLStyle said:
    slinky6 said: "FLStyle said: "I'm pretty much close to giving up on SFIV, I'm probably going to sell my copy ... [more]
    I wouldn't really take anything slinky6 says too seriously, he's the new troll here apparently.

But don't worry man, shit happens. Fighting games are meant to frustrate the shit out of you. Hell, sometimes I feel the urge to chuck my controller at my TV out of sheer frustration.

I'd say give it some more time, play around with it, host your own matches, take breaks, and play with some people you know. It really is a fun game.

..unless you've already sold the game, then disregard this post :p
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FLStyle
    @Jolly_Lolly:

Naaah I've still got it, I've decided to fight the beast at its own game and entered into the GB PSN tourny, should be fun :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.