Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

SFIV online Impressions

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

Edited By FLStyle

For the record, I didn't play a lot of 2, haven't touched HD Remix (due to it being released one day before SFIV was for PAL PS3 users (Thursday then Friday respectively)), nor have I ever played 3. I have however played a lot of Alpha 3 Max on my PSP, lots of fun.

So I went into SF IV relatively noobish. But thankfully I'm not doing too badly now. My current records is Played: 161, won: 65, which is roughly 40%. My battle points for what it's worth (not a lot IMO) is currently 635, although it has been 700+.

The online seems to be much better than most fighting games, I have even been playing against Spanish players who usually have the worst connections on the planet. I had already planned beforehand to install the game on my PS3, so your experience may vary.

As far as players go I have been playing Sagat exclusively, I want to get him to a level I'm happy with before I start fresh on some secondary characters. I think he's great, love his range. I've been playing against mainly Ken users for better or worse, I've got used to his playstyle now, a lot of Ryus, the odd Sakura player, quite a few Akuma players ranging from average to pretty good, I find Gouken players harder to be honest. I've very little experience against Blanka players, the few I have played were all better than me by far.

I unlocked and completed the game with all characters on the first day I got the game but I've resisted to urge to use Seth, it just wouldn't seem right.

I'm always looking for challenges so I can improve myself, my PSN is also FLStyle, see you there.
    FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By FLStyle

For the record, I didn't play a lot of 2, haven't touched HD Remix (due to it being released one day before SFIV was for PAL PS3 users (Thursday then Friday respectively)), nor have I ever played 3. I have however played a lot of Alpha 3 Max on my PSP, lots of fun.

So I went into SF IV relatively noobish. But thankfully I'm not doing too badly now. My current records is Played: 161, won: 65, which is roughly 40%. My battle points for what it's worth (not a lot IMO) is currently 635, although it has been 700+.

The online seems to be much better than most fighting games, I have even been playing against Spanish players who usually have the worst connections on the planet. I had already planned beforehand to install the game on my PS3, so your experience may vary.

As far as players go I have been playing Sagat exclusively, I want to get him to a level I'm happy with before I start fresh on some secondary characters. I think he's great, love his range. I've been playing against mainly Ken users for better or worse, I've got used to his playstyle now, a lot of Ryus, the odd Sakura player, quite a few Akuma players ranging from average to pretty good, I find Gouken players harder to be honest. I've very little experience against Blanka players, the few I have played were all better than me by far.

I unlocked and completed the game with all characters on the first day I got the game but I've resisted to urge to use Seth, it just wouldn't seem right.

I'm always looking for challenges so I can improve myself, my PSN is also FLStyle, see you there.
    SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By SpinCookie

I'm having a tough time unlocking Gouken and therefore Seth.  I commend you for not using Seth though, respectable move.  I tend to be one of the usual Ryu's or Sakura's, but I'll throw in the occasional Fei Long or Balrog every now and then.  I've only played 20 online matches and won 70, with around 100 or so battle points.  I'm happy with that considering I was terrible at the game going in.  I'm just starting to get a feel for focus attacks and ex versions of my specials, pretty awesome game.  This is the first fighting game where I'm really learning all the moves for, and how to use all the meters.  I dig it.

My PSN is Apocalyptatron.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.