Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street Fighter 4, is their something missing?

SamChamploo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SamChamploo
    The thing about SFIV that am been wondering since the game was annouced about a year ago is, will SFIII characters appear in SFIV? everything that Capcom has about the game seem very insulting to SFIII, such as the game will take place before the events of SFIII, (so why are they calling it four?) and also the highlight of SFIII's gameplay is the parry will not be in SFIV, what I wanted for SFIV to be is a fusion between SFII and SFIII, in terms of the roster and gameplay and maybe a little bit of SF Alpha as well, and the gameplay of SFIV is kinda like the fusion between two and three such as, the EX moves are in their and the abillty to dash forward and back, everthing I know about SFIV so far hasn't really won me over yet, SFIV feels more like SFII with a different look to it, SFIV should be a collection of elements of all things great about Street Fighter, and those great elements are not just coming from SFII.
    xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By xxNBxx

You just said it takes stuff from EX so its not just SF2.  Part of the game is Alpha cause 2 didn't have 3 lvls of supers.  The truth is more ppl wanted a new SF2 game over a SF3 game style.  You are a minority its a hard pill to swallow but its the truth.

About the Characters, Cammy and Fei Long already in the console version.  If there is enough ppl that want it Capcom will release SF3 characters as DLC.

SamChamploo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SamChamploo
    Are you talking about the 3D Street Fighter games? if so am not talking about that, am talking about the EX moves from Street Fighter 3.
    ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ZimpanX

I honestly don't think we will see any SFIII characters in SFIV. The game's producer Yoshinori Ono pretty much acts like that game never existed, and bringing back Bison from the dead and such. Also SFII has sold alot more than the other SF games, Capcom simply goes where the money is at.
    There may be some SF3/Alpha characters as DLC though sometime down the road.

JazzyNYC99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JazzyNYC99
    xxNBxx said:
    "You just said it takes stuff from EX so its not just SF2.  Part of the game is Alpha cause 2 didn't have 3 lvls of supers.
    Did you even pay attention to his post? he wasn't talking about Street Fighter EX, also the three levels of super, are you kidding me? thats the one element from alpha you're okay with? Look I too am not sold on SFIV, the fact of the matter is SFIII is the much better game than SFII. SFII was just more popular and SFIV is just only appealing to the people who only like SFII and nothing more. Hell some of the people who are excited for SFIV admit that the only SF game they played was SFII. People gave up on SF before SFIII's realease because they just got sick of waiting for SFIII, thus SFIII not being very succesfull. I have my fingers crossed for these characters to appear in SFIV, Alex,Elena,Ibuki,Yun,,Yang,Dudley,Makoto, and Hugo.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

I think SF3 people will be worked in with the eventual 2nd Strike/Turbo/Super etc iterations. Capcom's fairly perceptive of their community. I'd say Alex, Dudley, and a couple females as well as whatever Poison is are prettymuch a given later down the line. Most of the crazier SF3 characters can't work in 4 simply because they didn't exist yet. I'm a little worried Oro might not make it, though, since there are already two "masters" (old people) in the game. And I don't see Hugo coming back since they already have a couple of wrestlers, fat people, and joke characters.

JazzyNYC99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JazzyNYC99
    ryanwho said:
    "I think SF3 people will be worked in with the eventual 2nd Strike/Turbo/Super etc iterations. Capcom's fairly perceptive of their community. I'd say Alex, Dudley, and a couple females as well as whatever Poison is are prettymuch a given later down the line. Most of the crazier SF3 characters can't work in 4 simply because they didn't exist yet. I'm a little worried Oro might not make it, though, since there are already two "masters" (old people) in the game. And I don't see Hugo coming back since they already have a couple of wrestlers, fat people, and joke characters."
    SF Alpha 3 took place years before the events of SFIII, but that didn't stop Capcom from putting Yun in there. Also, there isn't rule out there that a fighting game can only have a couple of certain characters(in terms of stlye) like grapplers or "masters" characters. Hugo also plays pretty differently from others grappers like Zaigief, so that helps.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

After playing the game extensively now I feel there is nothing missing, it's SF through and through, this is exactly the game Capcom wanted to make.

I just hope Darkstalkers and co are made by someone other than Ono next time.

JazzyNYC99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JazzyNYC99
    Linkyshinks said:
    "After playing the game extensively now I feel there is nothing missing, it's SF through and through, this is exactly the game Capcom wanted to make.
    Capcom should of put more focus on SF as a whole for SFIV, and not only focus on the most popular game in the series. But I'm not saying SFIV will be awful, but I don't think SFIV will be the best in the series, and also I'm more excited about HD remix than SFIV, and maybe SFIV is not missing anything, to the people who only like SFII, but to the rest of the SF fans who love SF as a whole, its definitely missing a whole lot of what makes the entire SF series great.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By StaticFalconar
    SamChamploo said:
    "The thing about SFIV that am been wondering since the game was annouced about a year ago is, will SFIII characters appear in SFIV? everything that Capcom has about the game seem very insulting to SFIII, such as the game will take place before the events of SFIII, (so why are they calling it four?) and also the highlight of SFIII's gameplay is the parry will not be in SFIV, what I wanted for SFIV to be is a fusion between SFII and SFIII, in terms of the roster and gameplay and maybe a little bit of SF Alpha as well, and the gameplay of SFIV is kinda like the fusion between two and three such as, the EX moves are in their and the abillty to dash forward and back, everthing I know about SFIV so far hasn't really won me over yet, SFIV feels more like SFII with a different look to it, SFIV should be a collection of elements of all things great about Street Fighter, and those great elements are not just coming from SFII.
    "
    Maybe you should like wait til it comes out and play it yourself before you make that choice.

Yeah the parrys from 3 is out, but as Jeff noticed when he was in Japan, the revenge system if done right can be used as a parry as well.

Don't matter to me since 3's parrys was broken since you can thoeretically just parry everything where as 4 you do have a bar that you are limited to.
    JazzyNYC99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JazzyNYC99
    StaticFalconar said:
    "SamChamploo said:
    "The thing about SFIV that am been wondering since the game was annouced about a year ago is, will SFIII characters appear in SFIV? everything that Capcom has about the game seem very insulting to SFIII, such as the game will take place before the events of SFIII, (so why are they calling it four?) and also the highlight of SFIII's gameplay is the parry will not be in SFIV, what I wanted for SFIV to be is a fusion between SFII and SFIII, in terms of the roster and gameplay and maybe a little bit of SF Alpha as well, and the gameplay of SFIV is kinda like the fusion between two and three such as, the EX moves are in their and the abillty to dash forward and back, everthing I know about SFIV so far hasn't really won me over yet, SFIV feels more like SFII with a different look to it, SFIV should be a collection of elements of all things great about Street Fighter, and those great elements are not just coming from SFII.
    "
    Maybe you should like wait til it comes out and play it yourself before you make that choice.

Yeah the parrys from 3 is out, but as Jeff noticed when he was in Japan, the revenge system if done right can be used as a parry as well.

Don't matter to me since 3's parrys was broken since you can thoeretically just parry everything where as 4 you do have a bar that you are limited to."
    You clearly have not played SFIII, and also, did you even read his post? he did not make a choice, hes just concern about SFIV.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ryanwho
    JazzyNYC99 said:
    "ryanwho said:
    "I think SF3 people will be worked in with the eventual 2nd Strike/Turbo/Super etc iterations. Capcom's fairly perceptive of their community. I'd say Alex, Dudley, and a couple females as well as whatever Poison is are prettymuch a given later down the line. Most of the crazier SF3 characters can't work in 4 simply because they didn't exist yet. I'm a little worried Oro might not make it, though, since there are already two "masters" (old people) in the game. And I don't see Hugo coming back since they already have a couple of wrestlers, fat people, and joke characters."
    SF Alpha 3 took place years before the events of SFIII, but that didn't stop Capcom from putting Yun in there. Also, there isn't rule out there that a fighting game can only have a couple of certain characters(in terms of stlye) like grapplers or "masters" characters. Hugo also plays pretty differently from others grappers like Zaigief, so that helps."
    This game's Ryu clones have made that abundantly clear. If you include Sakura and Dan, there are frigging 6 now.
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar
    JazzyNYC99 said:
    "StaticFalconar said:
    "SamChamploo said:
    "

Don't matter to me since 3's parrys was broken since you can thoeretically just parry everything where as 4 you do have a bar that you are limited to."
    You clearly have not played SFIII, and also, did you even read his post? he did not make a choice, hes just concern about SFIV."
    No kid, you clearly have not played SF3 or at least seen the parry system abused at tournaments. In 3 everything can be parried infinitely.

And if you cannot use your brain to see how my post answered his question, the point was that it was moot since he said will 4 be like 3 and then listed a bunch of things that he wishes 4 to be. I pointed out that most things that was in 3, will be in four except in a different way so the game is not ultra broken (when played at a high enough level). The only thing of course is that 3 had a lot of characters that acted like 2. So if they are bringing back all the characters from 2 in 4, why put 3's character in there as well?

Only exception I would like is Alex, since he was different than Zangief.
    JazzyNYC99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JazzyNYC99
    StaticFalconar said:

No kid, you clearly have not played SF3 or at least seen the parry system abused at tournaments. In 3 everything can be parried infinitely.

And if you cannot use your brain to see how my post answered his question, the point was that it was moot since he said will 4 be like 3 and then listed a bunch of things that he wishes 4 to be. I pointed out that most things that was in 3, will be in four except in a different way so the game is not ultra broken (when played at a high enough level). The only thing of course is that 3 had a lot of characters that acted like 2. So if they are bringing back all the characters from 2 in 4, why put 3's character in there as well?

Only exception I would like is Alex, since he was different than Zangief."
    You act like the parry can easily be done on any attack that your opponent throws at you, and that include the super arts. Also, the SFIII cast is a very underrated cast of characters, and most of the characters from SFIII do not play exactly like the characters from SFII. Obviously you have not played SFIII to know that fact, you must of only seen videos SFIII. Most of the SFIII characters's move set are very original and well done. Makoto (fun to plays as) does not play like any other charaters from SF's past, and Dudley does not play like Balrog either, just in case you if didn't know that. The fact of the matter is, SFIII is the much better game than SFII, SFII was only more popular, and thats all it has going for it when compare to SFIII.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.