Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Street fighter 4 update?

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By nima

I was wondering whether anyone here knows of any updates that might be coming to street fighter 4.

I would love for zangiefs pile driving thing to cause less damage. and for seth to be less of an annoyance.

Kratos81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Kratos81

If there is a update, will have nothing to do with either of those things. If anything it will fix the match making.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Randolph

The only things I want to see changed now is a nerfing of Seth in Arcade mode, and a strict tournament style implememtation of ranked matches ala SF2 HD. (double blind character selection, best of 5 rounds, 90 seconds)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

They said they were going to patch in the ability to spectate the public games, if I remember correctly.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By StaticFalconar

nerfing things should be last thing they do.

Right now they should get the online thing working better. let us spectate matches and make ranked matches double blind where you cannot change the rules to 1 round 30 sec BS matches.

nima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By nima

I think I would have to agree with the online part. I'm not a fan of tournament because then that means I have to wait for people to finish fighting and then play.

What I do is go to arcade mode, 5 rounds, set computer to easiest and wait for people to challenge me whilst studying or something. 

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ImperiousRix

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the matchmaking be cleaned up in this "Tournament Edition" patch that's supposed to be coming out, not to mention some of the requisite tournament modes.
    On the nerfing side, I'm not really a big fan of that (especially since I don't really pay attention to tiers and all that jazz), but if they had to nerf one fighter, I'd say it'd have to be Sagat.  He's just got a much too lethal mix of speed, reach, and power.  If they just made it so he couldn't snap off those Tiger Knees and Uppecuts so damn quickly, I think it'd me more of a fair fight.

Ratfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ratfoot

Honestly I think the only characters that need some fixing are Guile and Vega to get them up to at least mid tier.

Magresda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magresda

This is starting to sound like a thread on an MMO forum. "Nerf XXX class, and buff XXX class!!!"

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138

i hope they bring lobbys back to street fighter

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11  Edited By ImperiousRix

I don't MEAN to sound like an ass or anything!  I just seriously think Sagat IS too powerful, like if someone nails you with the Tiger Uppercut or Tiger Knee like TWO times, half your life is gone, which would be fine if the moves couldn't be snapped off so quickly or if the range on 'em wasn't so great.  A skilled Sagat player is my nightmare. 
    And to Ratfoot, I've been wrecking the Ranked Match scene lately with Vega and he's become my main.  I don't think he needs to be any better, and I think Guile is pretty decent, too.  But... to each their own...

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By REDRUN
    Randolph said:
    "The only things I want to see changed now is a nerfing of Seth in Arcade mode, and a strict tournament style implememtation of ranked matches ala SF2 HD. (double blind character selection, best of 5 rounds, 90 seconds)"
    Seth is not a problem as he is at the moment. I just still have a problem with a few character to take him on in medium or harder. That means I need to work on my techniques, combos and stronger tactics.

Personally, in reply to the double blinds, I don't think this will prevent ken scrubs from appearing frequently. Just more Ken vs. Ken matches with the double blinds. I can see another leadership board with  a championship edition'ish ranking mode would draw the now retired from the top seats of the ranking leadership board. To draw out more fighters to the rank matches, we need more competitive rank leadership boards like a weekly best. Tuesday would be the best day to do averages from weekends and holiday weekends with their daily carnage.

Doing 5 rounds is a bit much, I perfer 3 to remain default to those who have the mental dexterity to keep a value and take account of every move spent on those rounds, less is more.
    Reale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Reale
    ImperiousRix said:
    "I don't MEAN to sound like an ass or anything!  I just seriously think Sagat IS too powerful, like if someone nails you with the Tiger Uppercut or Tiger Knee like TWO times, half your life is gone, which would be fine if the moves couldn't be snapped off so quickly or if the range on 'em wasn't so great.  A skilled Sagat player is my nightmare.  And to Ratfoot, I've been wrecking the Ranked Match scene lately with Vega and he's become my main.  I don't think he needs to be any better, and I think Guile is pretty decent, too.  But... to each their own..."

Epic YAWN!

one character has to be the strongest... this isnt rock paper scissors! think chess and sagat is the queen but even a queen can be taken by a pawn...

hell watch the Japanese tournament finals with Sagat vs Dhalsim http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clXppkBYtZU

if a skilled sagat player is your worst nightmare then your problem is the skilled sagat player... if your against someone that doesnt know how to use sagat and your still losing then your problem is your game! i hate coming up against a decent guile player because they can combo me up to fuck but i learn and adapt and you can to against sagat!

and to who ever said about zangief... just stop walking into to it, have you seen the size of him? and how slow he is! hes a powerful charcater with powerful moves! get used to it!

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By hermes

I would like an update where they fix the difficulty bug. Still have a lot of characters to get Seth and that is not helping.

I heard they are working on an update to improve the multiplayer component, sort of like SSF2THD... when will it be ready, nobody knows.

hoody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hoody

Seth is seriously not that hard. I'm gonna make a vid and show how ridiculously stupid and easy he is to beat. The trick for people who actually know how to play SF is to treat Seth like a really predictable tool (like 99% of the Ken players) instead of trying to outwit him the way you would a skilled opponent. To me, the fights on the way up to Seth are much more difficult than he is. Abel might be the hardest of all, imo. Anyway, like I said... I'll make a vid.

As far as any future patches, all I care about is the online matchmaking end. Make it double-blind character select and at least a 6-man lobby, and I'll be a happy camper. For a while anyway.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.