Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Super Street Fighter IV: NEWS UPDATE (eventhubs)

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By foodchaiNN

Azrael, who's done a ton of translating for the community, has converted the most recent Japanese Super Street Fighter 4 blog developer post to English.

This is a large entry with a lot of details, so here's a quick summary Azrael typed up giving the gist of what the development team had to say.

• More "community" feel than the last game.
    • All multiplayer lobbies will have the ability to spectate matches.
    • Working to "preserve" the quality of the netcode from SFIV even with spectators.
    • Can use Fight Request while you wait for all members of a team battle.
    • For a private team match, the host can divide up the teams. Otherwise, it's done automatically.
    • Auto team placement uses Player Points as well as some randomness.
    • Voice chat available while watching a match.
    • Endless Battle has no effect on Battle Points/Player Points.
    • In Ranked, Battle Points is divided up into BP/PP - PP will be your overall score, while BP will be character specific.
    • In Ranked, you can upload a replay after 3 straight wins.
    • Blind character select for all network modes, including no cursor motion sound.
    • Preset comments available for entering a lobby.

LINK FOR FULL STORY :
     http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/nov/09/japanese-ssf4-team-goes-more-depth-network-modes/
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By foodchaiNN

Im happy they are putting so much thought into the game because online play has gotten so blah with 1v1. I would really like to put together a team... even for dallas.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By turbomonkey138

Blind character sections for all modes fuck yes !

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Plasma

Old.  You could have at least read the article and posted highlights, not just copy paste the summary on the website.
    Seth Killian said that the "preserve" translation was wrong, what they meant was just keeping the match the same for all players with spectators without lag. Only way they can do it is by lagging the spectators stream by a few secs, but that messes up the voice chat, so there working to 'preserve' that.  
    The presets are their instead of actual chat, as the don't trust people, same with the motion sound, people abuse it.

If you want some new stuff, brand new in depth game play videos  http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/nov/14/new-ssf4-gameplay-movies-gamespot/ .

foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Plasma said:

" Old.  You could have at least read the article and posted highlights, not just copy paste the summary on the website.
    Seth Killian said that the "preserve" translation was wrong, what they meant was just keeping the match the same for all players with spectators without lag. Only way they can do it is by lagging the spectators stream by a few secs, but that messes up the voice chat, so there working to 'preserve' that.  
    The presets are their instead of actual chat, as the don't trust people, same with the motion sound, people abuse it.

If you want some new stuff, brand new in depth game play videos   http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/nov/14/new-ssf4-gameplay-movies-gamespot/ . "

oh im sorry, i'll master these internets one day.. groupie.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Plasma

Being a groupie means you sleep with the band... master that English while your at it.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Plasma said:
    " Being a groupie means you sleep with the band... master that English while your at it. "
    If you are sleeping with anyone tho make sure you use Street Fighter 4 branded condoms for maximum protection.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Plasma said:
    " Being a groupie means you sleep with the band... master that English while your at it. "
     I guess that fits you since youre always on a band of forum users dicks with your negative stupid worthless responses.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @foodchaiNN said:
    " @Plasma said:
     I guess that fits you since youre always on a band of forum users dicks with your negative stupid worthless responses. "
    If anyone is posting useless crap its you.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Plasma said:
    If you are sleeping with anyone tho make sure you use Street Fighter 4 branded condoms for maximum protection. "
    Yes!

And it is fucking marvelous I might add that there is drama in the SF forums that I am not involved with, makes me happy :)
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Plasma said:
    If you are sleeping with anyone tho make sure you use Street Fighter 4 branded condoms for maximum protection. "
    Yes!  And it is fucking marvelous I might add that there is drama in the SF forums that I am not involved with, makes me happy :) "
    Your fat and you smell bad.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stang
    @Jeffsekai: No cool broski, not cool.
    foodchaiNN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By foodchaiNN
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Plasma said:
    Yes!  And it is fucking marvelous I might add that there is drama in the SF forums that I am not involved with, makes me happy :) "
    Your fat and you smell bad. "
    OH OK
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Stang said:
    " @Jeffsekai: No cool broski, not cool. "
    haha :)
    StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By StaticFalconar

But will it have HYPE??????

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By NateDogg

Hype +1

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187
    @turbomonkey138 said:

" Blind character sections for all modes fuck yes ! "

No, sir.  TRUE blind character selection...meaning they are actually taking out the cursor sound...FUCK YES! 

HYPE GOTTED!
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By napalm
    @Plasma said:
    Everybody step aside, somebody has taken my crown for the local douchebag on the Street Fighter IV forums.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.