Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

Thinking about giving up cammy

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Gambit

As many of you know Cammys been my main since this game came out, and i'm by no means great but I considered my self to be fairly decent with her. As of lately i've been playing with Ryu and bison alot, and have gotton to like both a good bit., and im condsidering giveing up cammy and working on getting better with them.

I think I might could get better with one of them then I could with cammy. So since I have played quite a few of you guys figured I would get some feedback. Should I stick with cammy or switch it up?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpecialBuddy

I still find you liking to bison but your hatred towards charge move characters funny. But having fought your bison i say keep with cammy at least until you get the ultra working like you want to. Cause im sure that you cant pull your HK into ultra shenanigans with bison. As for Ryu at the stage yours is at now i would main him instead of chammy for the sole reason that you can combo Ryu's ultra way better than you did chammy's (and also because my rufus has more trouble with your Ryu...damn projectiles)

Avatar image for agnogenic_delete
    Agnogenic_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Agnogenic_delete

Ryu is where its at. But ultimately it is who you are most comfortable with and who you flow better with.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix

I personally think you've got some great potential with Ryu.  He destroyed my Vega and Chun-Li in the last tournament, and I feel like you understand how to control space with him.
    It's not that I don't think you have a good Cammy, because that Cammy is honestly very good.  It's just that so many people here on GB main Cammy that I feel she doesn't have many tricks that I haven't seen.  I'll have to fight you again and see how your Bison is.

bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By bagmanforhire

bison good to get use to charge characters, his moves are really good, i switch to him from ryu 

REDRUN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By REDRUN

I try not to main Cammy as much as well. She is still my favorite character, but I have an entire roster to argue which character is the best. The best arguments are often resolved in battle. I am maining E. Honda and Blanka at the moment. I have been working on my Guile and C. Viper (damn she is hard to use) not so secretly.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PharoahCapcom

If you give up Cammy,I'm sending Bob Ross over your house to stab you with a calligraphy pen.

Jolly_Lolly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jolly_Lolly

Well, I think you honestly have to be very good with Cammy in order to be competitive with her. I'm not saying you are bad though, last we played your Cammy had me on my toes, but it's just that a lot of her moves are pretty predictable, as well as when Cammy players usually try to throw in their Ultra (the same can be said with Fei Long players as well).

I would give the others a try, who knows maybe you'll enjoy playing them and even maining them.

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PharoahCapcom

Use Crimson Viper.

DirrtyNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DirrtyNinja
    PharoahCapcom said:
    "Use Crimson Viper."
    You need to be an absolute execution master to even think about getting good with her.
    slinky6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By slinky6

Bison owns.   Devil's Reversal FTW.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

Use Dan!

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PharoahCapcom
    DirrtyNinja said:
    "PharoahCapcom said:
    "Use Crimson Viper."
    You need to be an absolute execution master to even think about getting good with her. "
    Not really.She plays like  KOF character.If you can master Iori,or Adelheid,or K' you should be able to work with Crimson Viper.
    Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Bison always worked for me

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By ImperiousRix
    PharoahCapcom said:
    "DirrtyNinja said:
    "PharoahCapcom said:
    "Use Crimson Viper."
    You need to be an absolute execution master to even think about getting good with her. "
    Not really.She plays like  KOF character.If you can master Iori,or Adelheid,or K' you should be able to work with Crimson Viper."

I feel like Crimson has a few really deadly combos that you really DO have to be spot on with execution to pull off.  I feel that's why there's very few C. Viper players out there, cause she jus' seems so... not obvious to play with.  Like her moves don't have obvious scenarios where you'd wanna use them.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

I've only seen your matches with Ultima, so I can only judge by that.  You still have plenty of room for improvement with Cammy, especially in your use of hooligan throws.  It's the same way that I have a lot of room for improvement.

I can understand why you'd want to move on to a different character, though.  After a while, Cammy starts to feel like you are just repeating the same three or four moves over and over with little variation to work them into.  Personally, I don't mind it...but it does get aggravating to me when I'm playing and I keep thinking "Spiral Arrow...Spiral Arrow...*ugh*...Spiral Arrow...God, I must seem like an inexperienced, cheap bastard!".  Nonetheless, Cammy is a character that doesn't offer a lot of variation in her moves.

It's whatever works best for you, though.  I would say learning C. Viper, as was suggested above, would be a cool change of pace.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.