Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

What's the exact motion for Sagat's Kara Tiger Shot?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scooper

I've just been wondering. I've managed to do it like 2/10 times by doing a half circle forward and Roundhouse kick. Sometimes I'll do Half circle forward and bring it to neutral or back and then hit roundhouse. I've seen videos online and seen people talk vaguely about what to press but it's all been pretty conflicting.

Does anyone here know the exact motion and can do it consitantly? I don't play Sagat but in the times I do I want to be able to use one of this most powerful tools.

Also, if you don't understand what that all means then that's fine, I'm not asking for anything information from you so you can relax, no need to come in and say "lol i only play casualy what does this all mean it ruins the fun for me" ect. ect.

AndrewJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By AndrewJD

I think you just make sure there's a gap between the forward kick and the quarter circle forward. Don't do it too quick basically.

When I mess about playing as Sagat I get an uppercut or knee when I'm under pressure sometimes, but usually I get it most of the time.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Jeffsekai

Hit s.lk and then just do the motion for the knee/uppercut. It canceled the lk into the move you picked.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Scooper
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " Hit s.lk and then just do the motion for the knee/uppercut. It canceled the lk into the move you picked. "
    Yeah well the Kara uppercut and knee are piss it's the shot I don't know how to do. I've also been doing these 2/10 kara shots by only pressing half circle forward and roundhouse once. I didn't press light kick then RH, just RH once and it sometimes does a kara shot. Why. I go into training mode and there's only 1 kick icon but I get a kara tiger shot. What's going on.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper: oh...did you try youtube?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Scooper
    @Jeffsekai: Yeah but I never saw that video. I'll use it, thanks. But I still don't understand how I can sometimes get a kara tiger shot by only pressing RH once and half circle forward. Stupid shortcuts this game has.
    Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Vade

When a tigershot is in the air you can do the tigershot motion with LK or HK and then press any other button to cancel into kara tiger shot. If the tigershot doesn't connect you get a 6LK or 6HK instead. Option select, wahey.

Motion would be 236 LK/LP wait a bit then 236 LK/HK + punch or kick. I think you find a youtube video of it but I'm too lazy to search.

(Or you can do that delay but I can't do it consistently. Seems more like a feint to me.)

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Scooper
    @Vade said:
    " When a tigershot is in the air you can do the tigershot motion with LK or HK and then press any other button to cancel into kara tiger shot. If the tigershot doesn't connect you get a 6LK or 6HK instead. Option select, wahey.  Motion would be 236 LK/LP wait a bit then 236 LK/HK + punch or kick. I think you find a youtube video of it but I'm too lazy to search.  (Or you can do that delay but I can't do it consistently. Seems more like a feint to me.) "
    Ahh very nice. Thanks. Sounds pretty tricky.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By lordofultima

You throw a low slow tiger, when the tiger is hitting or passing the edge of the screen you go: 

QCF+LK, then Back+Punch/Kick It should be timed to where the forward+lk comes out while the fireball is on the screen, but the back+punch/kick isn't executed until the fireball has vanished.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " You throw a low slow tiger, when the tiger is hitting or passing the edge of the screen you go:  QCF+LK, then Back+Punch/Kick It should be timed to where the forward+lk comes out while the fireball is on the screen, but the back+punch/kick isn't executed until the fireball has vanished. "
    Yeah, been trying this in practice and have got it locked down, against a dummy at least. It's easy when you know how, kinda like Cammy's ICS. Cool to know though. You can lock this up now if you like. Nothing really more to discuss.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Renahzor
    @Scooper said:
    " @Jeffsekai: Yeah but I never saw that video. I'll use it, thanks. But I still don't understand how I can sometimes get a kara tiger shot by only pressing RH once and half circle forward. Stupid shortcuts this game has. "
    You can get it with one button press by releasing the button and catching the negative edge input for the tiger shot, input display only shows the positive inputs, but really the negative edge is also counted.  That would be my guess as to why you can do kara shot with 1 button press.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper said:
    " @lordofultima said:
    " You throw a low slow tiger, when the tiger is hitting or passing the edge of the screen you go:  QCF+LK, then Back+Punch/Kick It should be timed to where the forward+lk comes out while the fireball is on the screen, but the back+punch/kick isn't executed until the fireball has vanished. "
    Yeah, been trying this in practice and have got it locked down, against a dummy at least. It's easy when you know how, kinda like Cammy's ICS. Cool to know though. You can lock this up now if you like. Nothing really more to discuss. "
    Except that you're a nacey.
    baelrrogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By baelrrogg

And from what I have heard (maybe incorrect), you can no longer kara TS in Super.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper
    @baelrrogg said:
    " And from what I have heard (maybe incorrect), you can no longer kara TS in Super. "
    Good.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper said:
    " @baelrrogg said:
    " And from what I have heard (maybe incorrect), you can no longer kara TS in Super. "
    Good. "
    I don't think I ever fought against a Sagat who used it, or if they did, I wasn't paying attention. Isn't a Kara essentially a cancel that allows you to step forward and then cancel into the move, or something?
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By SpecialBuddy

There is actually an option select that will give you either a kara TS or a forward roundhouse. This will hit dudes that jump while also give a fireball if the fireball is blocked. I dont know how its done but ill find out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.