Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

What's wrong with my TE?

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By SpecialBuddy

So after I modded my TE it worked fine for about 2 weeks then it started making this weird noise and started to feel funny. It only does this when it is screwed in. When I have stuff open it doesn't feel funny at all and doesn't make the weird noise. It comes and goes but comes more than it goes. Kind of like my grandma. I'm thinking it is either my switches being stupid or my spring in the stick is acting up. Someone help me out here. Its getting annoying. 

P.S. You might need to turn up your speakers. It is there. The joystick should only be making the clicking sound. Not that weird rough sound.

P.P.S. No it is not hitting the gate inside. That is just the sound it makes.
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpecialBuddy

So after I modded my TE it worked fine for about 2 weeks then it started making this weird noise and started to feel funny. It only does this when it is screwed in. When I have stuff open it doesn't feel funny at all and doesn't make the weird noise. It comes and goes but comes more than it goes. Kind of like my grandma. I'm thinking it is either my switches being stupid or my spring in the stick is acting up. Someone help me out here. Its getting annoying. 

P.S. You might need to turn up your speakers. It is there. The joystick should only be making the clicking sound. Not that weird rough sound.

P.P.S. No it is not hitting the gate inside. That is just the sound it makes.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By lordofultima

That is mysterious, somewhere between your dust washer and the microswitches something must be happening. I have no idea what though.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By JJOR64

I'm not to certain myself either.  I'm not good at modding sticks and junk like that, but I can say my TE stick doesn't do that.  Maybe you should take it apart and look at it and see if you can spot anything wrong.

SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @JJOR64 said:
    " I'm not to certain myself either.  I'm not good at modding sticks and junk like that, but I can say my TE stick doesn't do that.  Maybe you should take it apart and look at it and see if you can spot anything wrong. "
    Ive done that multiple times already. Everything looks like it should it just doesn't want to when I close it back up.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lordofultima
    @SpecialBuddy: So the stick still works perfectly right? You don't feel like something is blocking or restricting movement when that noise happens?
    SpecialBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpecialBuddy
    @lordofultima said:
    " @SpecialBuddy: So the stick still works perfectly right? You don't feel like something is blocking or restricting movement when that noise happens? "
    It can make it where i have to put a little more force into getting something to come out. Like for example Ill try to do a crouching MK and get a standing one still.
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Jeffsekai

Sounds like maybe the whole joystick might be moving idk

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By napalm

That is indeed very strange. I don't know how the technical wiring/pieces that are required to make a joystick work, but I suggest replacing all of the moving parts required to make the joystick function. As you mentioned, replace the switches and the spring in the joystick (if possible). If not,t hen just replace the entire piece that is required for that part.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper

Did you get a new plexi over the artwork? Maybe it's not perfectaly cut or lined up so it knocks it slightly at the bottom.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " Did you get a new plexi over the artwork? Maybe it's not perfectaly cut or lined up so it knocks it slightly at the bottom. "
    It's definitely cut the same every time. I was playing with him last night and he didn't seem to have any problems. He just took the spring out and put it back in, not sure if that fixed the problem.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.