Xbox live (or PSN) player feedback

#1 Posted by cmpLtNOOb (195 posts) -

What constitutes you giving a player bad feedback, gameplay-wise?

I do it for Sagat or Ryu/Ken projectile spammers.  Its one thing to spam a low-kick, which is understandable for someone starting the game out for the first time and not really knowing about special moves or combos, but a hadouken or sonic boom actually takes knowledge of the moveset.  The way I see it, it doesn't really hurt them (only affects the 5 star rating on their gamertag) and its a way of telling them "Hey, you, don't do that!" while keeping me from having to play them again.

#2 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

You can give feedbacks on PSN?

#3 Posted by PureRok (4235 posts) -
cmpLtNOOb said:
"What constitutes you giving a player bad feedback, gameplay-wise?I do it for Sagat or Ryu/Ken projectile spammers.  Its one thing to spam a low-kick, which is understandable for someone starting the game out for the first time and not really knowing about special moves or combos, but a hadouken or sonic boom actually takes knowledge of the moveset.  The way I see it, it doesn't really hurt them (only affects the 5 star rating on their gamertag) and its a way of telling them "Hey, you, don't do that!" while keeping me from having to play them again."
There's a vote for "Skill too low" which doesn't affect their rating and makes it so you don't fight them again. If you are rating them using the serious one's then you are abusing the system. I only vote if they disconnect just before losing.
#4 Posted by slinky6 (567 posts) -
cmpLtNOOb said:
"What constitutes you giving a player bad feedback, gameplay-wise?I do it for Sagat or Ryu/Ken projectile spammers.  Its one thing to spam a low-kick, which is understandable for someone starting the game out for the first time and not really knowing about special moves or combos, but a hadouken or sonic boom actually takes knowledge of the moveset.  The way I see it, it doesn't really hurt them (only affects the 5 star rating on their gamertag) and its a way of telling them "Hey, you, don't do that!" while keeping me from having to play them again."
That does not constitute bad feedback.   You are a scrub.   Stop playing or sack up.
#5 Posted by logson (521 posts) -
PureRok said:
"cmpLtNOOb said:
There's a vote for "Skill too low" which doesn't affect their rating and makes it so you don't fight them again. If you are rating them using the serious one's then you are abusing the system. I only vote if they disconnect just before losing."
Same. I also sometimes give positive feedback if they follow up on a match with a "good game," or something like that.
#6 Posted by Agnogenic_delete (1034 posts) -

That is one of the lamest reasons reasons to avoid someone. If you can't beat a spammer than you need some practice dude. And if you can beat them I don't see the problem.

#7 Posted by Meltbrain (2968 posts) -

I got 3 people leaving me negative feedback the other day in SFIV just because I beat them. It was pretty shitty, I wasn't being cheap, I wasn't doing anything untoward or holding them in the corner or anything like that, I think it was just down to them being sore losers. It sucks so bad, because it takes like 3-4 people leaving positive feedback to undo the damage that one pissed off dude leaving me a negative review does. =(
I haven't played in a while because of that, some doucheberg even left me negative feedback for beating him in a championship final, because he "knew" he could beat me, and that I was a scrub. It's pretty annoying. I always try to leave good feedback where possible, but it sucks hard that people are such sore losers out there.

And yeah, cmpLtNOOb, by leaving neg. feedback for stupid shit like that, you end up being the noob.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.