Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 18, 2008

After nearly a decade in hiatus, Capcom's signature mainline fighting game series resurfaces with its fourth main installment, combining the traditional 2D gameplay with modern fully-3D graphics.

You know how everyone complains about blanka?

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium

Well I was trying to mess around with some other characters, and my one friend who I myself taught how to use blanka (and his blanka play is below mine) was beating all my alt characters. 

This pissed me off to a point of bringing back my old favorite character. I don't want to use a character I think is legitimately annoying. 

So consider this an official resignation to blanka, an apology, and an entrance into some new characters. 

Sakura and Rufus to be exact (I am maining both until super). Of course if GB were to have a tourney, I would use blanka since I am not up to speed, but any other matches I will be switching between those two. 

Peace!  

SofaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SofaKing

wut

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By demontium
    @SofaKing: you have to have played me before to kinda understand this, but I will translate: FUCK BLANKA.
    SofaKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SofaKing

I mained Blanka for a while before switching to Bison. I get the frustration. He completely controls the pace of the match. I actually switched to Bison because I felt I was relying on the same old tricks too often. Needed a character that, when I kicked ass, the opponent could think to themself "yeah that guy kicked my ass", rather than "fuck that guy".

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By demontium
    @SofaKing said:
    " I mained Blanka for a while before switching to Bison. I get the frustration. He completely controls the pace of the match. I actually switched to Bison because I felt I was relying on the same old tricks too often. Needed a character that, when I kicked ass, the opponent could think to themself "yeah that guy kicked my ass", rather than "fuck that guy". "
    Yeah, exactly. It gets boring, and blanka seems to cap at a point of ability that is repetitive, annoying, and not fun.  

UGH, I can't believe how much I used him.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Stang
    @SofaKing said:
    " I mained Blanka for a while before switching to Bison. I get the frustration. He completely controls the pace of the match. I actually switched to Bison because I felt I was relying on the same old tricks too often. Needed a character that, when I kicked ass, the opponent could think to themself "yeah that guy kicked my ass", rather than "fuck that guy". "
    This guy knows what's up.
    Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really don't have a problem with Blanka. He's got some great tools, and I really like playing him too. Sure Blanka ball spammers are a pain in the ass, but the fake-out possibilities are great and his pokes are fucking awesome. 

If ever anyone was annoying and deserves anger, its Seth. He has an absurd moveset, even if his stamina is miserable.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By JJOR64

Blanka's getting some nerfs in Super so I'm happy.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JJOR64: Haven't read that: shame. What's been nerfed?
    Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Necrotrophic

Im not a big fan of Blanka, but I dont necessarily hate him either. Hes got so many unsafe moves.

And on Seth, hes a real pain in the ass sometimes. I hate running into people who spam the same 3 moves over and over. I wish there was a way to filter that kind of stuff out somehow. Its like, HEY GUISE I DONT REALIZE AFTER EVERY MOVE YOU DO YOURE GOING TO JUMP IN THE AIR WITH THAT LONG PUNCH THING SO IM NOT GONNA BLOCK HIGH AFTER EVERYTHING!

thunderkat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thunderkat1

They really got to tone down how much damage he can absorb.  He's a little unbalanced.

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#12  Edited By ImperiousRix
    @SofaKing said:
    "I mained Blanka for a while before switching to Bison. I get the frustration. He completely controls the pace of the match. I actually switched to Bison because I felt I was relying on the same old tricks too often. Needed a character that, when I kicked ass, the opponent could think to themself "yeah that guy kicked my ass", rather than "fuck that guy". "
    Perhaps the most eloquent way one could put that statement.  Well done, sir. 
    Yeah, I dislike Blanka simply because he makes me timid to do anything.  Jump, Blanka ball.  Dash, Blanka ball.  Get in close, electricity.  It just pisses me right the fuck off.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demontium
    @JJOR64: I cant believe I randomly found you lol.
    sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By sho76und3wd

I'm on the Blanka hate train, but it was mainly because he would stomp me.  He has a lot of unsafe moves, but I would just get totally confused and he would have his way with me.  I just read up on the match-up and actually enjoy the challenge of fighting a good Blanka player.  One thing I would change for SSFIV is that when he does electricity, you should be able to punish with LHK, and it should NEVER trade.  That move shouldn't be as safe as it is sometimes. 

Necrotrophic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Necrotrophic
    @sho76und3wd said:
    " I'm on the Blanka hate train, but it was mainly because he would stomp me.  He has a lot of unsafe moves, but I would just get totally confused and he would have his way with me.  I just read up on the match-up and actually enjoy the challenge of fighting a good Blanka player.  One thing I would change for SSFIV is that when he does electricity, you should be able to punish with LHK, and it should NEVER trade.  That move shouldn't be as safe as it is sometimes.  "
    i dont know who you play as, but with Chun thats how it is. you can use c. light kick to kick him out of electricity. and while theyre mashing for it to come out, it works then too.

I think it worked with Ryu as well. but I really forget.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Scooper

Come on Blanka's not that annoying. You just need to not let him control the pace of the match. Most Blanka's expect you to be on the defensive but if you rush em and get all in their face alot of them don't know what to do and just mash elec and EX balls which can be baited.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper said:
    " Come on Blanka's not that annoying. You just need to not let him control the pace of the match. Most Blanka's expect you to be on the defensive but if you rush em and get all in their face alot of them don't know what to do and just mash elec and EX balls which can be baited. "
    Depends on the match-up Rufus wants to get in that ass while Ryu want's to stay full screen.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By Scooper
    @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " Come on Blanka's not that annoying. You just need to not let him control the pace of the match. Most Blanka's expect you to be on the defensive but if you rush em and get all in their face alot of them don't know what to do and just mash elec and EX balls which can be baited. "
    Depends on the match-up Rufus wants to get in that ass while Ryu want's to stay full screen. "
    Yeah but who plays Ryu. NOBODY!
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @Scooper said:
    " @Jeffsekai said:
    " @Scooper said:
    Depends on the match-up Rufus wants to get in that ass while Ryu want's to stay full screen. "
    Yeah but who plays Ryu. NOBODY! "
    Crap never thought about it like that.
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Shadow

Everyone's cheap.  That's why I love making them feel like idiots by beating them as Dan.  I had my first rage-quitter in weeks last night while playing Dan and it was awesome.
    sho76und3wd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sho76und3wd
    @Necrotrophic said:
    "i dont know who you play as, but with Chun thats how it is. you can use c. light kick to kick him out of electricity. and while theyre mashing for it to come out, it works then too.  I think it worked with Ryu as well. but I really forget. "

I use Balrog and in that match you essentially have to react to everything he does.  Get too offensive and he just punishes you.  It is a 7-3 match-up for Balrog, but you have to just basically turtle and react to whatever he does. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.