Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Street Fighter X Tekken

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Mar 06, 2012

The two leaders in the fighting game genre collide in this ultimate tag-team mash-up. Will you cross the line?

SDCC 2011 SFxT Impressions

nazer858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nazer858

I got my hands on Street Fighter X Tekken for the first time at San Diego Comic-Con this year. Here are a few quick thoughts on the game.

• If you're used to SF4 or SSF4, you'll feel right at home jumping into this game. Just like any Street Fighter game, its a fast paced chess match, those aspects don't change at all. What's most fun about it to me was the new combo system. For those who have been reading about the game, you can do a standard combo off of any hit by pressing L, M, and then H twice to have your second character come in. From there you can do that same string again (L, M, Hx2), to have your previous character come out again and so on. In the few games I played, it was a lot of fun trying out some different and pretty unorthodox combos.
    • I'm not the most seasoned Tekken player, but I feel like the Tekken cast made a pretty good transition into this game. Holding down and hitting fierce does an uppercut for many characters, and in a way they feel like just another entire batch of SF characters. This isn't a bad thing, it just gives us another whole batch of characters to explore move sets and combos with, and I'm sure fans of Tekken will have much more to say about the characters when they get their hands on the game.
    • I tried out Poison for a couple of rounds. She has a fireball so I played her like I'd play Ryu, but I love the character design. I just wish I spent more time exploring her move set, but yeah she seemed cool.
    • I didn't go too in depth with any of the new mechanics. There is one crazy super where both of your characters come out and fight along side each other which was incredibly confusing. The charging of special moves to unleash supers is pretty cool, but the wait time seems far too long for anyone to actually pull it off - it was pretty funny though seeing the reactions on peoples faces when you were sitting charging a fireball though. EX moves are EX moves, didn't really look into any of the super commands though.
    • Overall its a bit faster than SF4, but I'd need to have them side by side to really see.

The game was a lot of fun and I'm really excited for it to come out so I can jump into training mode and break it down. The skill of opponents at SDCC was all over the place with SF veterans coming in and people who have never played the game before, but the Capcom reps at the booth were doing their best to help people out. Overall it was a lot of fun, and I'm looking forward to playing more of it as we get closer to release. If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer them, but again I only played probably 5 or 6 games. Hopefully some of you guys get a chance to play it at EVO, lemme know what you think.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FourWude

Is it still clutch though?

nazer858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By nazer858

very much so yes :)

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RE_Player1

So if I'm not into SF4 but like Tekken do you suggest waiting for Tekken x Street Fighter? From the sounds of it while I might have fun playing as the Tekken characters in a SF setting it just doesn't feel like Tekken.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.