Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunny Gurlukovich

Character » appears in 7 games

Sunny Gurlurkovich is the daughter of Olga from MGS2. She is a child prodigy with technology who was rescued by Raiden and left in the care of Otacon and Snake.

Thank you for everything, useless character.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By MetalGearSunny

The character behind the name. 
    Metal_Gear_Sunny. That is the username I entered on the fateful day of July 21, 2008: the day Giantbomb had launched. (I had to look that up. I'm not good at remembering dates.) Little did I know that I would get as much attention then I do now. How did I come up with that witty username, you ask? 

Giantbomb did a special Metal Gear Solid 4 Bombcast, where all they did was talk about the game. (Duh.) Near the end of the show, they pitched ideas for another Metal Gear Solid game. One of them included playing as an older Sunny, and having Hal act like Colonel through the Codec. I loved the idea, and the name popped into my head almost instantly. Metal Gear Sunny. 

I eventually decided that I would put that as my username when the site launched. I knew it was a dumb name. I didn't really care. Until I got (somewhat) popular. Once people got to know me, almost everyone called me Sunny. It is something I have gotten used to but sometimes I sit back and think, "These people are calling me a girl's name!" 

I have to admit that I blame my username for my popularity. Or so it seems. But because of my name, people have gotten to know me better, and end up liking me for who I am. I have gotten multiple mentions from the Giantbomb staff and have been on a podcast. Having the name out there like that makes me wish I had chosen a better name. At the same time, it's awesome hearing my username coming out of Vinny's godly mouth! 

Just thought I would like to drop an explanation for those who didn't know. Thanks for reading!
    MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MetalGearSunny

Metal_Gear_Sunny. That is the username I entered on the fateful day of July 21, 2008: the day Giantbomb had launched. (I had to look that up. I'm not good at remembering dates.) Little did I know that I would get as much attention then I do now. How did I come up with that witty username, you ask? 

Giantbomb did a special Metal Gear Solid 4 Bombcast, where all they did was talk about the game. (Duh.) Near the end of the show, they pitched ideas for another Metal Gear Solid game. One of them included playing as an older Sunny, and having Hal act like Colonel through the Codec. I loved the idea, and the name popped into my head almost instantly. Metal Gear Sunny. 

I eventually decided that I would put that as my username when the site launched. I knew it was a dumb name. I didn't really care. Until I got (somewhat) popular. Once people got to know me, almost everyone called me Sunny. It is something I have gotten used to but sometimes I sit back and think, "These people are calling me a girl's name!" 

I have to admit that I blame my username for my popularity. Or so it seems. But because of my name, people have gotten to know me better, and end up liking me for who I am. I have gotten multiple mentions from the Giantbomb staff and have been on a podcast. Having the name out there like that makes me wish I had chosen a better name. At the same time, it's awesome hearing my username coming out of Vinny's godly mouth! 

Just thought I would like to drop an explanation for those who didn't know. Thanks for reading!
    CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By CowMuffins

Oh, so a girl's name isn't manly enough for you?

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

Vinny could call me Susan if he wanted to. Quit your bitching Sunny!

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

My name is about falling, and sometimes other people fall, so they can relate.

I too am popular.

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Edin899

I was thinking this post was about its always sunny in philadelphia...im sad now
    Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Awww cheer up, sonny!
     Awww cheer up, sonny!
    sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By sweep  Moderator

metal gear what?

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I enjoy impersonating a celebrity.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
    addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You got me thinking, playing as sunny would kick serious ass, with snake being the colonel maybe

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By ZombiePie

At first I was going to have the user name ArtFiraxis which was the name of my main character in KOTOR, which in itself is based off of my favorite developer Firaxis. Then for some reason (a reason the behooves me to this day), I decided my user name need zombies (I know I should really get into game development I'm so creative). At first I was going to go with the user name ZombiefiedPie, but I was unsure as to what the correct spelling of zombiefied was (was it spelled  "-yed" or an "-fied") and I didn't want to be user with a spelling error in his name so I condensed it to ZombiePie. I also have this unspoken rule where I use a different user names for different sites...yeah that leads to all sorts of problems but I still do it.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By EvilTwin

I always thought you chose it because you actually liked Sunny.  This new development is sad. :(

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By VisariLoyalist

all I have to say is it's always sunny in philadelphia.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By animateria

You are as terrible as Sunny's burnt eggs!

Anyways, I find that people have a problem even pronouncing my user name.

Hell, I don't even know how to pronounce it properly.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RsistncE
    @animateria said:
    " You are as terrible as Sunny's burnt eggs!  Anyways, I find that people have a problem even pronouncing my user name.   Hell, I don't even know how to pronounce it properly. "
    That's nothing. You won't believe how many people tell me either online in games or in forums that I've spelled my name wrong. I don't do the whole facepalm thing but if I did it would be utilized each and every time.
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By StarFoxA

Eh, the story behind my username is pretty lame. I signed up for NSider (Nintendo's official forums a while ago) in 2003 when I was like 9, and at the time I was playing a lot of Star Fox Assault and Adventures, so I just went with StarFoxA.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy

Well you know, one of the speculations about Rising is that you do actually play as a battle-hardened Sunny. Look at the Promo pictures for it... that so-called Raiden has the wrong eye color. Raiden has a different color eyes (I'm pretty sure they're blue) and he has a slightly different hairstyle. I know it sounds a little farfetched, but maybe Kojima could do the same with Sunny in this game as he did with Raiden in MGS2 (Training based on the past actions of another hero). I'm not believing anything until I play it though I do still thin it's Raiden with a coloring mistake. 

SOMEBBEYURRITE

AndyWilliams24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By AndyWilliams24

If it makes you feel any better "Sunny" is a uni-sex name. Albeit for a male it's "Sonny".

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By StaticFalconar

just think they are calling you sonny instead of sunny. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.