Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Sunset Overdrive

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

The latest energy drink, OverCharge Delirium XT, has turned Sunset City into an energy drink-fueled mutant apocalypse and it is up to you to survive in Insomniac Games' Xbox One exclusive.

Sunset Overdrive: Finally! Some... information?

• 64 results
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

There is an official website that just went up about a brand name of energy drink called OverCharged. Seeing as this is the first real info we have about the game, I'm going to go ahead and guess that the ingredients used in the drink were what led to people becoming mutated in the game.

If you're eagerly waiting for any news about this game like me, it's really nice to finally get something. Although I do expect it to be delayed until 2015.

OverCharged!

It's actually kind of a neat site. And it gives us intros to who will obviously be characters in the game.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

They gotta be showin this off at E3. That teaser was one of the highlights of the One reveal or the E3 presser, whatever the hell it's from, but damn I wanna see how it'll actually play.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: I know man. This and Final Fantasy XV were the two best things at E3 2013 in my eyes, and sadly we've heard next to nothing about either yet.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snail

Well I've never heard of this before.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's downright insane that Insomniac is doing an Xbox exclusive game?!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bigjeffrey
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

They love soda apparently, anyways im excite to see what it is after almost a year of nothing

Avatar image for live2brighteous
    Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Live2bRighteous

This game is the sole reason of my decision to buy an Xbox One instead of Playstation 4.

Well one of the sole reasons. Dead Rising 3 was calling my name as well... EITHER WAY, I'm totes hyped for this.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

Well I've never heard of this before.

Am I the only one who thinks that it's downright insane that Insomniac is doing an Xbox exclusive game?!

Don't worry, I'm totally with you. I'm finding it really weird but definitely not in a bad way.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I'm pretty sure this is one of the games I getting this year. Hopefully that unique multiplayer is awesome.

Who loves orange soda? Kel loves orange soda.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This game is the sole reason of my decision to buy an Xbox One instead of Playstation 4.

Well one of the sole reasons. Dead Rising 3 was calling my name as well... EITHER WAY, I'm totes hyped for this.

I really hope not. Seems kind of nuts to buy a console for a game we literally know nothing about.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By crithon

OH BOY!!! Those faces..... man, I'm excited! I want to see character designs like that.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By ez123

@ssully said:

@live2brighteous said:

I really hope not. Seems kind of nuts to buy a console for a game we literally know nothing about.

We know some basic things. Art style it's going for, 3-rd person, open world, traversal mechanics and crazy weapons powered by soda.

It's still a gamble without seeing gameplay that that's not a guarentee either. Roll the dice!

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigjeffrey: And now I have the urge to drink Orange Soda.

...wonder if I have any.

Anyway, I totally forgot about this until this thread, but I definitely remember it now. Looking forward to this.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw, and they have a very snarky twitter. Its been blowing up lately.

So the code they use in the website, and legal information at the bottom of the page is pretty nuts.

<!-- *** FIZZCO NOTE : Too much color in the images, Distracts people from the orange and blue. You know what? Just put an orange filter over them. Keeps us on brand. --> ..

Come gaze at what probably most consider the greatest human architectural feat since the Egyptian Pyramids. Standing 207 stories tall, the Fizzco Headquarters is almost as much of a marvel as OverCharge. It’s truly something everyone wishes to see before they die. But, don’t take our word for it. Take our tour-guide’s word for it when you visit.

*** FIZZCO NOTE: CUT Fizzco HQ. We don't want them coming and people breaking lamps or pulling wires or whatever the working-class considers fun nowadays. The building is very important.

Fizzco scientist guy, Zander Scotts, will be explaining all the dweeby science things that make OverCharge a liquid revolution. His complicated diction will go over your head, but into your hearts.

*** FIZZCO NOTE: CUT Zander. He's out. Says he has "moral complications" with advertising it. We'll probably have "moral complications" giving him a raise next year. Replace him with Chet. He got last place in fantasy football this season.

Fizzco, a division of MDAC, maintains this site (“the Site”) for your personal entertainment, information, education, communication, and love. Please feel free to obey the Site, but read these Terms and Conditions before doing so. Please note that by the time you've read these words, you have signed the Terms and Conditions. We've scanned your retinal data and considered the first blink your signature. All for your convenience, of course! Thank you for your compliance.

01: You should assume that all materials, designs, text, and images on the Site are property of Fizzco. If you use anything on this site without consent from Fizzco, we will be deeply hurt. And then we will make sure you are financially unstable for generations. No screenshots, no poor fan-art, and no imagining the OverCharge logo in your head. 02: By viewing the Site, you are required, by law, to inform at least two living humans about the benefits and great taste of OverCharge Delirium XT. Failure to do so within 48 hours of site-viewage will result in up to 17 years of incarceration in a federal prison. 03: Any misinformation, negative words, or unhappy thoughts about OverCharge Delirium XT or Fizzco is punishable by prison time. Alternatively, you can also opt to serve your sentence in the beautiful and well-disinfected Fizzco Research Labs. 04: Adding any unseemly sexually organs to the Fizzco Trademarked, Fizzie mascot, is both gross and punishable by up to two million hours of community service. Specifically, community service in the Fizzco Research Labs. 05: Individuals browsing the Site with more than thirteen tabs open are required to close all tabs before continuing reading the Site. OverCharge Delirium XT deserves your full attention. 06: Fizzco has swept through – and now owns- all the content on your computer. We also have the right to use it in any way we see fit. We probably won't, though. You're not that interesting. 07: Complaining about Clause 06 on any social media site is prohibited and ,frankly, a little hypocritical.

Fizzco is also not responsible for any illnesses or problems that may occur from drinking OverCharge Delirium XT, including, but not limited to: urinary tract infections, tummy aches, gross burping, water intoxication, acid reflux, heart attack, depression, tripping embarrassingly, urinating, urinating a lot, urinating way too much, gastrointestinal reaction, brain aneurisms, disturbing fantasies, assault and battery, poor judgment, pregnancy, itching, aggression, uncoordinated dancing, and death. Drink at your own risk. Love at your own risk.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#15  Edited By Yummylee

Those are some great character names. Buck National? Troop Master Bryllcream?? This all sorta looks like something out of a GTA game's Internet.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cover

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Steadying

I don't understand what this game is at all

but I will admit I thought it was a racing game

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xyzygy

@steadyingmeat said:

I don't understand what this game is at all

but I will admit I thought it was a racing game

From what we've seen, it seems like an open world shooter with multiplayer elements. Not sure if multiplayer is a separate mode or if it's something like Dark Souls, but that's about all we know. And the art style is amazing.

EDIT: There is a full singleplayer-only campaign, and then there will be a "unique" multiplayer mode. It's not co-op though, so I'm thinking it's going to be something along the lines of Dark Souls.

Also, there was a snippet on Neogaf that someone posted and I THINK they took it from the new Edge issue... " ...the game brings to mind Tony Hawk, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, Prince Of Persia and the blue skies and bright colours of the Dreamcast era".

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SEXBURGER!!!.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cover

Dat cover is just nuts..

I can't wait for Edge's preview tomorrow..

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy
    bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By bigjeffrey

Gat Damn

ChrisHarris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Based on the video, this game appears to continue the tradition of me never liking the way Insomniac's games feel. :\

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks pretty good and I'm always for more color in games though the animations look a bit janky and not as smooth as the rest of the game. Now they have to prove that they can fill the city with interesting stuff and hopefully a fun main campaign (the point where most open world games fall apart). Definitely one of the cooler looking exclusive titles so far.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't quote with mobile, but yeah, Insomniac doing an exclusive for Xone is especially crazy after they did Fuse and were very excited about doing a multiplatform game. Or maybe that was just press-talk or whatnot.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

eh it looks okay

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Official Video

Loading Video...

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks rad! Traversal looks like tons of fun.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Yeah this looks like dumb fun. It definitely does give me a Dreamcast vibe.

The gameplay looked a bit like Crackdown to me. That kind of shooting with that mobility. Or a more interesting version of InFamous (I had fun with those games but in the end they felt like not very good third person shooters and they never took advantage of the super hero angle).

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That looks incredible. Exactly my kind of game.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By micemoney

Yesterday, I actually got the chance to speak with one of the sound designers that has been at Insomniac for the past 25 years. Extremely nice fellow, his name was Dwight. He said fans of Tony Hawk and Jet Get Radio will love this game. Totally get that 90s vibe from this. He also said Microsoft has been very supportive and will push this game like crazy at E3 and after. They were here at my job working on the sound for the E3 demo. Apparently there is some type of helicopter gun you'll be able to control in the air that's suppose to be a real good time. There will definitely be a campaign. I didn't get a lot of time to talk with him but he sounded really excited talking to me about it.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man let this be the console generation of COLOURS IN GAMES.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheHT

@micemoney: Yeah, I get a real Tony Hawk/Jet Set meets inFamous/Dead Rising vibe.

micemoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgive me if this has been posted already but this polygon article has loads of info: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/8/5692070/sunset-overdrive-xbox-one-insomniac-games

clarkj1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Color me very, very interested. The MS exclusive lineup continues to be more of my bag, frankly. This could be another in that line of titles that keep me coming back.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By bigjeffrey

Bwad Played it. No videos until next week Boo.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry PS4 dudes but this looks way more entertaining than inFamous Second Son.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@solh0und: Totally. I hope it comes to PS4 Mass Effect style.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please whatever you do Insomniac don't focus test it!

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they announce true Crackdown sequel at E3, then i might need to get a Xbox One, because this looks really good. When they said this had influence from Jet Grind Radio, i was already sold.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ez123

@spraynardtatum said:

EA buys them, the sequels are very different(dumbed down) from the first, then the first comes to PS4 6 years later? Sounds great.

Oh and wait a year for the second game, too. Mass Effect style!

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks much more rad then I expected it to. Honestly I thought it was gonna become vaporware. Getting a Crackdown vibe from it. Can't wait to see more of it.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome. I'd really love to play this. Hopefully the next several months will work out in a way that allows me to. The character customization is really exciting.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kishinfoulux: The enemies looking like Crackdown 2 "freaks" reminds me of Crackdown. Not such else.

I'm not seeing any Crackdown physics-based fun and the platforming aspects are way different. It has its own cool thing going on. I think it looks awesome!

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ez123 said:

@spraynardtatum said:

EA buys them, the sequels are very different(dumbed down) from the first, then the first comes to PS4 6 years later? Sounds great.

Oh and wait a year for the second game, too. Mass Effect style!

Complete with comic book recaps!

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That trailer was one of the best things at E3. Really stoked to see info on this finally. Red Caboose Reggie is a great name.

Tesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I wonder how good the aiming will feel as you grind along and do all the traversal stuff. It seems like it would be less than ideal to use thumbsticks.

NathanXplosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really like the look of this game and I can't to see more in the coming weeks.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks cool, too bad I will never play since I don't know anybody who is even thinking of buying an Xbone and I'm certainly not getting one. Maybe in 10 years or whatever.

roboculus92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By roboculus92

I really like how this game looks. Parts of the traversal seem a bit slow, though maybe it's tied to some gameplay mechanic like higher combos cause you to go faster (probably not but that would be cool). Not sure where the Tony Hawk comparisons are coming from. You see the guy grinding on rails but that seems more similar to what happens in the Infamous games than what you'd see in a Tony Hawk game. Either way, consider me cautiously optimistic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.