Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Meat Boy

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

When his beloved Bandage Girl is kidnapped by the evil Dr. Fetus, the diminutive yet plucky Meat Boy springs into action!

I do not want to be The Guy anymore

Chumppell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Chumppell

Dear  "The Guy!" Warp Zone,

I never thought it would happen to me. Thanks for giving me "The Kid". I'm glad we could share that pixel-thin slalom through spikes on an elevator, that precarious double jumps over rows of gleaming spikes and a few very mobile sections of spiked wall looping endlessly across the screen. Sadly, I will not be visiting in the near future because I value my fingers and this keyboard a bit more than our time together.

With sincere apologies,

Sam

Chumppell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Chumppell

Dear  "The Guy!" Warp Zone,

I never thought it would happen to me. Thanks for giving me "The Kid". I'm glad we could share that pixel-thin slalom through spikes on an elevator, that precarious double jumps over rows of gleaming spikes and a few very mobile sections of spiked wall looping endlessly across the screen. Sadly, I will not be visiting in the near future because I value my fingers and this keyboard a bit more than our time together.

With sincere apologies,

Sam

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Legend

I request your permission to copy/paste your letter and send it to the "The Guy" warp zone. :)

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By emem

Hehe, I'm also happy I don't have to play it again.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

You're not a pro unless your hands are bleeding.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Jayzilla
    @Gamer_152 said:
    " You're not a pro unless your hands are bleeding. "
    and if you are a pro *waves had like a jedi* "you want to go home and rethink your life".
    WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By WrathOfBanja

Oh, that level? 
    I did it on my first try. It was easy.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By Little_Socrates

I beat it my second day with the game, after about a two hour play session with that warp zone. Make sure you're using your walls to the fullest advantage. 

(Also, I will admit that I'm REALLy good at this game, to a kind of stupid level. I'm not meaning to brag, just making it clear that my view on which levels are difficult and which are absurd is kind of skewed. BTW, you don't even want to know what some of the dark world levels look like. >.<)

Xakura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Xakura
    @Jayzilla:
    You don't get internet-creds for quoting the prequels.
    Chumppell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Chumppell
    @Little_Socrates said:
    " I beat it my second day with the game, after about a two hour play session with that warp zone. Make sure you're using your walls to the fullest advantage.  (Also, I will admit that I'm REALLy good at this game, to a kind of stupid level. I'm not meaning to brag, just making it clear that my view on which levels are difficult and which are absurd is kind of skewed. BTW, you don't even want to know what some of the dark world levels look like. >.<) "
    Pretty much any other level has been entertaining. I have loved every dark world level I have played. Hell, the minus worlds are pretty damn cool for being pretty plain. The Kid's Warpzone levels were just boring and repetitive, with the exception of the last one which was a bit easy. I get that was the flavour of IWTBTG, but it doesn't really "jive" with my "flow", if you get me. Or even if you don't.
    Sarumarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Sarumarine

I think that's the really poetic part about anything related to "I Wanna Be the Guy" because when we finally succeed and beat the insanely punishing task.... we realize that, no, we DON'T want to be the guy. We just want to be ourselves.

But for real man, screw that goddamn warp zone.

Avatar image for little_socrates
    Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By Little_Socrates
    @Chumppell said:
    " @Little_Socrates said:
    " I beat it my second day with the game, after about a two hour play session with that warp zone. Make sure you're using your walls to the fullest advantage.  (Also, I will admit that I'm REALLy good at this game, to a kind of stupid level. I'm not meaning to brag, just making it clear that my view on which levels are difficult and which are absurd is kind of skewed. BTW, you don't even want to know what some of the dark world levels look like. >.<) "
    Pretty much any other level has been entertaining. I have loved every dark world level I have played. Hell, the minus worlds are pretty damn cool for being pretty plain. The Kid's Warpzone levels were just boring and repetitive, with the exception of the last one which was a bit easy. I get that was the flavour of IWTBTG, but it doesn't really "jive" with my "flow", if you get me. Or even if you don't. "
    I get you, though I personally liked it more. The Kid's first warpzone level was entertaining to me, and the other two weren't nearly as frustrating to begin with. I didn't like IWTBTG myself, but this was more fun to me for some reason. 

I'm specifically talking about the last 25 or so dark world levels...meaning the last 5 in Rapture, and every one in Cotton Alley. I've seen my friend doing some of the DW Cotton Alley, and it's absolutely absurd. 7-19x is a cruel joke, most specifically. My friend has figured out the level, and he's beat everything up to that point (and the level after it) but he is at this point physically incapable of beating the level. XP 

Minus worlds have all been cool, and most of the dark world is wonderful. Actually, even the five DW levels I'm talking about in Rapture were great, but they're absolutely absurd in difficulty.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By audiosnag

Man this level can go STRAIGHT TO GODDAMN HELL!!!!!!!!
    I just spent about an hour trying to beat that piece of shit. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    Must take break....must...not....break controller.....

@WrathOfBanja:
    I mean zero offense but I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

WrathOfBanja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By WrathOfBanja
    @audiosnag:  
    You would be correct, sir. 
    In fact I gave up and skipped that level, because I'm damn terrible at it.
    audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By audiosnag
    @WrathOfBanja: 
    I knew it!!
    You probably saved yourself some major frustration and preserved your sanity. I'm feeling slightly unhinged and I still haven't beat it.
    Avatar image for naughtydogmania
    Naughtydogmania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Naughtydogmania
    This level reminds me of the original IWBTG game... beat the game and I'm proud of it... not the level though. I skipped it about 30 minutes of gameplay and played the other leves. Just finished the "Then End" chapter on light. The one with bandage girl is really hard! I still think the game of I wanna be the guy was harder cause it had surprises... like spikes coming out of nowhere or a stupid star of the background falls and hits you... The surprise factor was cool... and frustrating... I was hoping they put it on the guy warpzone
    kyrieee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kyrieee
    @emem said:
    " Hehe, I'm also happy I don't have to play it again. "

I booted up SMB (PC) yesterday and The Kid was gone! So I had to unlock him again. Thankfully it was much easier the 2nd time (did 2+3 in < 6 minutes) BUT now he's gone again :(

They're apparently going to patch it though

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.