Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Best way to practice blocking overheads?

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JokerSmilez

I main Balrog and I am constantly getting my ass kicked by anyone who jumps in on me. I can't seem to hit my anti-air fast enough, and switching to standing is out of the question. How to do I train my reflexes so I don't hit HK instead of HP or so I can hit HP early enough that it actually does something? I'm getting rocked here!

There's gotta be a better way than just getting my ass kicked over and over and feeling embarrassed because I'm too shitty to hit one button. Anything I can do in training mode or something?

Thanks.

Avatar image for killroycantkill
    killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By killroycantkill

In training mode you can actually set recordings. Set the recording so that it's doing what you have trouble with and try to stop it. The best way though would to play with a friend in training mode. Ask him/her to try and do overheads to you at random points then see if you can get it. Other option is that you don't always have to punish the jump in. If you're afraid you're going to eat a jumping hard kick to the face then just block high.

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Heylook
    @JokerSmilez: I'm pretty sure you're on my friends list, we can play a few games if you want practice. Just hit me up when im online yo, friendly games are good.
    ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ImperiousRix

You should try to train yourself to stand and block overheads and jump ins first and then move onto working on anti-air.  Even if you're getting your ass kicked by other means, you should just try to train your defense up first. 
    Believe me, it gets annoying trying to learn to anti-air things, but it's better to learn to block first so you stop taking those kicks to the head.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Heylook said:
    " @JokerSmilez: I'm pretty sure you're on my friends list, we can play a few games if you want practice. Just hit me up when im online yo, friendly games are good. "
    Right on. Tomorrow night when I'm grinding away, if I see you an on, I'll shoot you an invite and you can kick my ass for a while. Good time will be had by all.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

Gambit Says, "Stand up."

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Scooper
    @JokerSmilez said:
    "switching to standing is out of the question"
    No it's not. Switch to standing to block an overhead/crossup.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Plasma

In the wise words of Chris Hu " Sometimes you just gotta block that shit ". They can jump in at an angle to stuff your anti airs, you gotta block!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordofultima
    @Plasma said:
    " In the wise words of Chris Hu " Sometimes you just gotta block that shit ". They can jump in at an angle to stuff your anti airs, you gotta block! "
    Absolute truth. When you start complaining about jump-ins, cross-ups, wake-up games, etc. -- just think about it. If you block that shit, this avoids the problem entirely.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Scooper said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    No it's not. Switch to standing to block an overhead/crossup. "
    Yes, I know it's possible and clearly its preferencial. I'm saying if I currently don't have the reflexes to hit HP, I'm not going to have the reflexes or control to stand up. I need help figuring out a good way to work on those things (reflexes and control) so I can block or anti-air jump in attempts and overheads. Telling me to do something that is harder than something I already have trouble doing isn't really that helpful. But I'll try...
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Plasma
    @JokerSmilez: How is it harder? Moving your left hand a few cm to the right as you see them jump, which gives you like 2 seconds. If you can't react in 2 seconds, then Street Fighter might not be for you. Doing an anti air is harder, as you have to wait for them to be in the right position. Stop making excuses!
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Scooper
    @JokerSmilez said:

" @Scooper said:

" @JokerSmilez said:
    Yes, I know it's possible and clearly its preferencial. I'm saying if I currently don't have the reflexes to hit HP, I'm not going to have the reflexes or control to stand up. I need help figuring out a good way to work on those things (reflexes and control) so I can block or anti-air jump in attempts and overheads. Telling me to do something that is harder than something I already have trouble doing isn't really that helpful. But I'll try... "
    Sorry ifI was a little blunt.
    Just keep practicing against real people. When they jump in at a wierd angle or if it's too late to use a c.hp just try and stand up. It won't take long until you can block nearly any jumpin. Against characters like DeeJay who has a really good crossup you need to learn to block alot of stuff. If you can learn to block all his crossups, learn the spacing for his fake crossups (basicaly if he jumps a little late or from slightly further away) and learn to react to his short hop then basicaly DeeJay is shut down, simply from blocking all his stuff. If you watch last Thursday's TNT you see what happens if you don't know how to block a crossup. You get humilated by Jeffsekai the douche. Now if you block that shit he's gotta find a new way to get you. If you want I can give you a few games and do alot of jumpins and crossups that you can use as practice. I'll be on in about an hour.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lordofultima
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Scooper said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    Yes, I know it's possible and clearly its preferencial. I'm saying if I currently don't have the reflexes to hit HP, I'm not going to have the reflexes or control to stand up. I need help figuring out a good way to work on those things (reflexes and control) so I can block or anti-air jump in attempts and overheads. Telling me to do something that is harder than something I already have trouble doing isn't really that helpful. But I'll try... "
    You better learn to react by blocking before reacting by attacking. Blocking has no frames of start-up, it's the quickest solution to a problem.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Plasma said:

" @JokerSmilez: How is it harder? Moving your left hand a few cm to the right as you see them jump, which gives you like 2 seconds. If you can't react in 2 seconds, then Street Fighter might not be for you. Doing an anti air is harder, as you have to wait for them to be in the right position. Stop making excuses! "

2 seconds from the time someone leaves the ground and the time their MK (for example) connects? More like half a second, but thanks for exaggerating to try and make me feel like an idiot. Also, how is going from a crouching block position to standing while maintaining the block without moving the stick up too far that I end up jumping and then getting back down into the crouch before the inevitable sweep harder than just pressing HP? I don't know. You're right, I must me an idiot...

And you didn't answer my question about overheads. Ken's Back + MK has 15 frames of start-up. I'm supposed to just stand up and block that, and if I can't right away I must just be too terrible to play a Street Fighter game?

I ask for advice on how to improve my reflexes and your advice is "get faster or quit"? Thanks asshole.

@Scooper said:

" @JokerSmilez said:

" @Scooper said:

" @JokerSmilez said:
    Sorry ifI was a little blunt.Just keep practicing against real people. When they jump in at a wierd angle or if it's too late to use a c.hp just try and stand up. It won't take long until you can block nearly any jumpin. Against characters like DeeJay who has a really good crossup you need to learn to block alot of stuff. If you can learn to block all his crossups, learn the spacing for his fake crossups (basicaly if he jumps a little late or from slightly further away) and learn to react to his short hop then basicaly DeeJay is shut down, simply from blocking all his stuff. If you watch last Thursday's TNT you see what happens if you don't know how to block a crossup. You get humilated by Jeffsekai the douche. Now if you block that shit he's gotta find a new way to get you. If you want I can give you a few games and do alot of jumpins and crossups that you can use as practice. I'll be on in about an hour. "

Thank you for actual advice. I'm at work right now, so I won't be on for several hours, but I'll be on later tonight. You're in the UK right? I'm not sure of the time difference, but I'm in Western Canada (GMT -7).
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scooper
    @JokerSmilez: Oh our connection will most likely be unplayable then. You don't need me to fight you ayways, any random Joe will do.

Don't take offence but I found it really funny that you know that Ken's back standing medium kick has a 15 frame staartup but you can't move the stick from downback to back to block it without jumping. It's really not differcult. Well, when I first started it kinda was hard to move from 1 to the other rapidly without really thinking about it but nowerdays if someone's attacking me with a block string I'm going from crouching to standing and back to crouching all the time and blocking every hit. I like to block a standing hit standing and a crouching hit crouching which makes it alot easier to block overheads.

But yeah, don't worry about frames of startup at this point, just get your fundementals down and then read into that stuff later. Crawl before you walk is my advice.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @JokerSmilez: Oh our connection will most likely be unplayable then. You don't need me to fight you ayways, any random Joe will do.  Don't take offence but I found it really funny that you know that Ken's back standing medium kick has a 15 frame staartup but you can't move the stick from downback to back to block it without jumping. It's really not differcult. Well, when I first started it kinda was hard to move from 1 to the other rapidly without really thinking about it but nowerdays if someone's attacking me with a block string I'm going from crouching to standing and back to crouching all the time and blocking every hit. I like to block a standing hit standing and a crouching hit crouching which makes it alot easier to block overheads.  But yeah, don't worry about frames of startup at this point, just get your fundementals down and then read into that stuff later. Crawl before you walk is my advice. "
    Spelling isn't too "differcult" either, but tell that to JEFF! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa 

Yeah, different strokes for different folks basically though. Overheads sometimes have to be read, it's not just a "I SEE IT TIME TO REACT WITH STAND BLOCK" thing. You are taking a guess that they will mix up with an overhead instead of a low attack, and if you guess wrong you eat low attack into fat combo. Overheads aren't that big of an issue versus grounded opponents though, since most character can't do anything afterward, I'm content crouch blocking and getting hit with a random overhead from time to time. Jumping attacks should go without saying though, always be standing as soon as they leave the ground.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Scooper said:
    " @JokerSmilez: Oh our connection will most likely be unplayable then. You don't need me to fight you ayways, any random Joe will do.  Don't take offence but I found it really funny that you know that Ken's back standing medium kick has a 15 frame staartup but you can't move the stick from downback to back to block it without jumping. It's really not differcult. Well, when I first started it kinda was hard to move from 1 to the other rapidly without really thinking about it but nowerdays if someone's attacking me with a block string I'm going from crouching to standing and back to crouching all the time and blocking every hit. I like to block a standing hit standing and a crouching hit crouching which makes it alot easier to block overheads.  But yeah, don't worry about frames of startup at this point, just get your fundementals down and then read into that stuff later. Crawl before you walk is my advice. "
    I can move the stick from down to up then back down without jumping, but I still do occasionally over do it and jump. I found this often when going through the trials and going from a c.lp to a s.mp, and that's where I'm trying to be controlled. When I'm going on reaction to a jump in or overhead, it's more frequent, I guess because I'm more tense.

So, I know blocking is the best way to deal with an overhead or jump-in. What I'm asking is what is the best way to practice that motion on reaction so that it does become second nature like it is to you. Is there a better way than just getting beat online? I'm not absolutely horrible, and can do it occasionally, but it's frustrating when I'm doing well in a match, but end up losing a close fight because I'm screwing up the same thing over and over.

I wrote this post last night in frustration after losing 3 very close matches in a row to 3 different players (an Akuma, a Juri, and a Ken) after all 3 discovered the weakest part of my game is my inability to consistently deal with the jump-ins and overheads. I know I need to work on it badly, I'm just wondering if there's something I can do in training mode or something - something less frustrating than losing close matches because of a simple and basic fuck up.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Scooper said:
    Spelling isn't too "differcult" either, but tell that to JEFF! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa  Yeah, different strokes for different folks basically though. Overheads sometimes have to be read, it's not just a "I SEE IT TIME TO REACT WITH STAND BLOCK" thing. You are taking a guess that they will mix up with an overhead instead of a low attack, and if you guess wrong you eat low attack into fat combo. Overheads aren't that big of an issue versus grounded opponents though, since most character can't do anything afterward, I'm content crouch blocking and getting hit with a random overhead from time to time. Jumping attacks should go without saying though, always be standing as soon as they leave the ground. "
    Somehow, you're always posting as I'm typing in response to the post before you. But thanks for the great advice. I'll worry much less about countering the jump-ins and just trying to block them.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Scooper
    @JokerSmilez: Just practice. You'll get better soon enough. I guess you could go into training and get the dummy to keep jumping doing attacks and you try and block them. You'll know they're coming though so I don't know if that will help.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Scooper said:
    " @JokerSmilez: Just practice. You'll get better soon enough. I guess you could go into training and get the dummy to keep jumping doing attacks and you try and block them. You'll know they're coming though so I don't know if that will help. "
    Ya, that's what I figured. If I recorded a dummy or something I'd know it was coming, so it wouldn't really help. I guess the only way is to keep grinding away online. Dammit.

Thanks.
    Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Renahzor

Try and play some matches with Stang, a good long set.  He uses a lot of jumpin mixups including really ambiguous crossup air tatsu's.  Basically, you're going to be holding down/back, you HAVE to train yourself to stand up and block on jumpins -and- recognize crossup attempts.  With Balrog it's even more of a necessity since he doesn't seem to have very good crossup defense.  Playing against someone who has a solid crossup game really teaches you how to defend, and then you have to learn to transition from defense to offense.  

Ill give you an example.  Playing cammy, I start by trying score an early round knockdown (difficult sometimes, but don't we all).  This could be a spiral arrow, throw, or sweep, depends on the situation, but what happens after a knockdown is important.  I have several options, the foremost of which is to either j.lk crossup -or- j.hk C.strike which passes over the person without hitting(into mixups).  If the crossups are landing, I can score some big combos and knockdowns.  If they are blocking the crossup, i have to go into much more technically difficult moves and better mind games and it changes how I have to play that match.  If they cant block the crossup, or keep eating throws/TKCS mixups off the cross-over, I will win that match 90% of the time.  You want me trying the more difficult moves, it gives more room for me to make a mistake. It means I have to start trying empty jumps, multiple TKCS mixups, etc, instead of just thinking about how to mix you up more.  Eventually I may fall into a pattern you can punish.  Sometimes, Blocking is the best way to really take over a match.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By Stang

Blocking overheads is nothing more then recognition and reaction. Don't know what to say beyond that.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Stang said:
    " Blocking overheads is nothing more then recognition and reaction. Don't know what to say beyond that. "
    Any tips on getting better at it though? I know what to do, I just don't know how to get better at doing it other than just hammering away at online matches which I know will work, but will be frustrating and slow so I've been wondering if there was a more efficient way of improving a basic skill.

Thanks.
    Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Heylook
    @JokerSmilez: Scratch that, my TE stick just died which is stupid 'cause it's a month old. Looks like I'm stuck with BFBC2 and Halo Reach for now.

-edit-

Never mind, it wasn't plugged in.
    MarceloAbans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MarceloAbans

Learn all overhead animations whenever you get hit. You'll see them comign and know what to do.

Avatar image for lilbigsupermario
    lilbigsupermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lilbigsupermario

Mash those buttons!!! 

Hehe jk, I guess just trying to block the overhead attacks is the most practical move to survive the crossups.  I have to admit, it is difficult to get used to it, but you just need to practice it and time it correctly.  Usually just go into a lot matches and eventually it'll be natural to you.  As for countering, now that needs more practice than the usual block coz you need to read your opponent carefully and time the attack.  Like for Balrog, even if you predict that your opponent will jump over you and you try to uppercut or do a headbutt, but you pulled it off at the wrong time, early or late, you'll get punished.  Just get into a lot of matches and experiment with the timing, you'll get it right one way or another.  If you want to practice on your own, use the training mode and record the air attack then practice it. :)

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By defaulttag

standing out of the question? standing block is what works dude.

AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AniMoney
    @Heylook said:
    " @JokerSmilez: Scratch that, my TE stick just died which is stupid 'cause it's a month old. Looks like I'm stuck with BFBC2 and Halo Reach for now.  -edit-  Never mind, it wasn't plugged in. "
    lmao
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By napalm
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Stang said:
    " Blocking overheads is nothing more then recognition and reaction. Don't know what to say beyond that. "
    Any tips on getting better at it though? I know what to do, I just don't know how to get better at doing it other than just hammering away at online matches which I know will work, but will be frustrating and slow so I've been wondering if there was a more efficient way of improving a basic skill.  Thanks. "
    Not sure why you're so worried about overheads. Not all characters have them, and even less use them with regularity. I mean, I use mine sometimes to stuff any wake up attacks (it doesn't stuff all, just some).
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lordofultima
    @Napalm said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Stang said:
    Any tips on getting better at it though? I know what to do, I just don't know how to get better at doing it other than just hammering away at online matches which I know will work, but will be frustrating and slow so I've been wondering if there was a more efficient way of improving a basic skill.  Thanks. "
    Not sure why you're so worried about overheads. Not all characters have them, and even less use them with regularity. I mean, I use mine sometimes to stuff any wake up attacks (it doesn't stuff all, just some). "
    It's as I said, you can completely forget about overheads 90% of the time and probably be fine. The only overheads I block are ones I see coming, like Gambits constant meaty overhead with dudley on my wake-up.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Stang said:
    Not sure why you're so worried about overheads. Not all characters have them, and even less use them with regularity. I mean, I use mine sometimes to stuff any wake up attacks (it doesn't stuff all, just some). "
    It's as I said, you can completely forget about overheads 90% of the time and probably be fine. The only overheads I block are ones I see coming, like Gambits constant meaty overhead with dudley on my wake-up. "
    Pretty much. If my opponent is only a hit or two away from dying, I'll throw in an overhead on their wake up. I mean, yeah, if they block it, they blocked it, but that's not going to stop my Flash Kick from killing them with chip damage if the overhead doesn't do it.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Napalm said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Stang said:
    The reason I asked about overheads is because since I play Balrog, I spend a good amount of time in a back crouch and I had just 3 straight matches because the players I was playing against went out of their way to use overheads and thus kicked my ass.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Plasma

I know this doesn't help you much, but don't hold down-back the entire match then fool. Don't be that guy who just waits.  Puerto Rican Balrog rapes like no other, he holds down back for the minimum time to do a charge motion, then is back on the sick rush down.  

Watch and learn. 

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By napalm
    @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Stang said:
    The reason I asked about overheads is because since I play Balrog, I spend a good amount of time in a back crouch and I had just 3 straight matches because the players I was playing against went out of their way to use overheads and thus kicked my ass. "
    There's a simple reason why they kicked your ass: you were doing nothing but turtling, and they overheaded you to get you to do something. if I'm fighting a turtle, I just go up and throw their ass three times.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Stang
    @lordofultima said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Stang said:
    It's as I said, you can completely forget about overheads 90% of the time and probably be fine. The only overheads I block are ones I see coming, like Gambits constant meaty overhead with dudley on my wake-up. "
    LMAO I was going to say play Gambit because he uses that damn overhead like 95% of the time on your wake up.
    JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By JokerSmilez
    @Napalm said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Napalm said:
    " @JokerSmilez said:
    " @Stang said:
    The reason I asked about overheads is because since I play Balrog, I spend a good amount of time in a back crouch and I had just 3 straight matches because the players I was playing against went out of their way to use overheads and thus kicked my ass. "
    There's a simple reason why they kicked your ass: you were doing nothing but turtling, and they overheaded you to get you to do something. if I'm fighting a turtle, I just go up and throw their ass three times. "
    No, I wasn't do nothing but turtling, the matches were very close. The hits they got in on me were almost all overheads which then went into a combo. I didn't get thrown once.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Stang
    @JokerSmilez: What character were they using? As far as I know only 2-3 characters can combo after an overhead, those being Ryu (extremely strict timing), Dudley and either Juri or Ibuki, I forget.

Try charging while jumping, attacking, etc. Down back is not necessary contrary to what you see on Xbox Live. Rog is a rush down character, not a down back turtle.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By napalm
    @Stang said:
    " @JokerSmilez: What character were they using? As far as I know only 2-3 characters can combo after an overhead, those being Ryu (extremely strict timing), Dudley and either Juri or Ibuki, I forget.  Try charging while jumping, attacking, etc. Down back is not necessary contrary to what you see on Xbox Live. Rog is a rush down character, not a down back turtle. "
    lolwut. 

Balrog is one of the strongest characters when he turtles.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Plasma
    @Napalm: Did you watch the video I linked? The best Balrogs in the world are offensive, being a turtle only gets you so far. 
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: Step away from Live, and watch some high level Rog play. Turtling has its place and time, but holding downback for 99 seconds every match is doing it wrong.

Just like all the random Ken's out there who win jumping around like retards and mashing dp's, while throwing in the occasional jump kick sweep combo. Sure it works against some people, but these flowcharters are not taking advantage of their character. 

Charge does not equal turtle.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By napalm
    @Stang: No need to be a condescending dick. A Balrog who turtles and counters everything will do much better than a Balrog that does nothing but rush down. "Turtling" and "Rushing down" is a two way street. Too much of one turns you into a shitty player.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: I am not being condescending. Do you even read your posts? You said he got his ass kicked because he did nothing but turtle. With Rog. Make your mind up!

Like I said turtling has its place and time. You have a nasty habit of picking out select parts of posts while leaving out other iinformation which is just as important. IT AINT COOL.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By napalm
    @Stang: Yeah, I just realized I accidently contradicted myself. I assumed when he turtling, he was literally doing nothing but holding downback. That's what I meant when I said it the first time. When I said it the second time, I meant turtling as in not rushing down, but methodically countering and keeping a charge. Yeah, even though I'm the only one who knew that distinction that doesn't make it any less confusing.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm: Lawl, that is why I love you, silly bastard (yes homo).

But really, I am going to take a wild guess and say Rog has the most special moves in the game. Dash punch, overhead, upper, dash sweep, that weird up punch one that breaks armor, turn around punch and head butt. It is saddening to think people only use his jabs, crouching fierce and crouching roundhouse when he has so many ways to beat a bitch up.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By napalm
    @Stang: I mean he's quick, and I've always felt Balrog was more of a counter character rather than a rushdown character. Yes, he has the tools to do so, but so much of his damage comes from stuffing attacks and counter moves.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By lordofultima

I enjoy the fact that people are saying "you must play your character this way," or "no no no, play him THAT way!" Just play him however you choose. Balrog can do both just fine, I suppose since Akuma has fireballs I should just sit back the entire time because that's what he's "intended" for.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jeffsekai
    @lordofultima: I just realized you made a joke at my expense about a week back in this thread... :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.