Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

FADC

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Dark_Jon

After playing for a couple of hours now, it seems like some characters' ultras can only be used with a focus attack dash cancel. For example, I'm trying to main Cody and the only way to link his ultra 1 is to do his launcher kick and FADC out of it. The problem is, by time I hit the ultra, the guy already falls halfway down and I have no chance of connecting the ultra. It seems impossible to input the moves that fast, no matter how hard I try. 

So i was wondering, is it because I'm using the 360 controller? Is it easier with a fightstick? How much practice does it take before you can FADC?

This is only my 2nd day playing but it seems essential for some characters.

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

I FADC'd all over this thread.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Scooper

It'll take more practice. When I first started and went "Ok, what's all this FADC business, I wanna learn that". I couldn't do it. And I literaly thought I could never ever do it. I couldn't get my head around all the motions. But after a couple weeks I got better and better and then eventualy I could do it 100% in training mode simply by muscle memory.

Basicaly just keep practicing. That's the only real advice. You'll get better and better and more consistant at it. Eventualy you'll be able to do it 75% of the time in training, prehaps only from 1 side but at that point try it in a real match. The first time you land it it's a really sweet feeling so you practice it more and get better at it.

Another good thing while you're learning it is to learn and get into your muscle memory each seperate part. First try the SRK (shoryuken or equivelent ie. criminal upper, launcher kick), then practice the SRK - Focus attack without the dash. Just cancel the SRK with the focus and let it go. The learn how to SRK - FADC, spending as little time as possible in the focus state. Then try adding the Ultra at the end or if you can't get the double fireball motion for the ultra down just yet try and land an EX fireball or EX srk instead.

Just keep practicing, you'll get it eventualy and it's worth it.

Also about the controller. I first heard about FADC's around the same time I got my first arcade stick and of course I tried it with that, it worked but I could also get it to work just as easily on the pad so it's really a tossup of what you want to use.

Hope that helps. Also this should probably be in the begginner thread.

JokerSmilez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By JokerSmilez

I would check out the Shoryuken Cody forum. They're a lot more technical over there with this kind of stuff.

Dark_Jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dark_Jon

Thanks guys, very helpful. I didn't even know there was a whole forum dedicated to Cody.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

Some people think of it as holding focus, dashing forward, then releasing. Once I learned that you can just tap focus+forward, forward -- it became clear.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
    deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using the 360 pad  shouldn't be a problem

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_A_Drain
    @lordofultima said:
    " Some people think of it as holding focus, dashing forward, then releasing. Once I learned that you can just tap focus+forward, forward -- it became clear. "
    This. 

Personally, stick or no stick, my fat fingers just don't move that fast :P I cannot do them reliably at all so I stick to what I can do during matches, like target combos and annoying my opponent :P 

I can do certain ones in trial mode, but to this day I cannot do Ryu's EX Shoryu -> FADC -> Metsu Hadoken. I just can't do it. :( 
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Scooper
    @lordofultima said:
    " Some people think of it as holding focus, dashing forward, then releasing. Once I learned that you can just tap focus+forward, forward -- it became clear. "
    Yep. That's what I do. When I first was learning it though I couldn't do the dash fast enough for that so I'd do a SRK focus attack. Once I got fast you can just tap the focus and when you are able to do that it's much easier because that one less thing you've got to be aware of. After that it becomes super easy to do any kind of FADC.
    yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By yates
    @lordofultima said:
    Ah, nice one! I was trying to hold it as well, it's a whole lot easier to pull off now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.