Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

Good news for online tournaments in SSFIV.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Scooper

lock & delete this please.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By napalm

GIANTBOMB IS STILL GONNA FUCK IT ALL UP.

Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Stang
    @Napalm said:
    " GIANTBOMB IS STILL GONNA FUCK IT ALL UP. "
    This. Forever. People are slackers by nature, no matter how easy it is to create tournaments they will never run smoothly. It is all flowers and rainbows now, but when the time comes....shit is gonna get ugly.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper: Try And Beat Stangfest 2010: Champion Edition
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Stang

If it is only a single game, you people will have no problem beating me. It takes me a game or two to get used to a persons style, even if I have played you a million times. I be free in this setup.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By lordofultima

I doubt it will help our ability to finish tournaments at all.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gambit

Any time I see a thread about street fighter  tournaments on giantbomb I can't help but laugh(if there on 360 anyway).

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By demontium

Thank god, my worry is that too many people will be split between modes tho.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordofultima
    @demontium said:
    " Thank god, my worry is that too many people will be split between modes tho. "
    I don't think people being split between modes is a bad thing. People will be in Endless Battle and Team Battle with people they actually know, and not a bunch of randoms. People will play ranked and un-ranked singles for that random online play. I know I certainly wouldn't jump into a lobby of 7 people that I don't know. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.
    AniMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AniMoney

We had brackets before anyways. I'm just glad we can sort the online by region now. It's so much better playing with East Coast players.

Gambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gambit
    @Scooper said:
    " No wonder we ever get anything done in here. Everyone's so down and shits on everything brought up. Jesus. "
    People on the SF4 forums put down tourny threads because almost every 360 tournament has gone to shit. Of the tournaments I ran the first 2 went ok after that it all turned to shit.
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By napalm

We don't need tournaments. We have the quarter match mode.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By turbomonkey138

Can you record your matches ?

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Scooper
    @turbomonkey138: yeah
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @Scooper said:
    " @turbomonkey138: yeah "
    Sweet :) then i dont have to worry about setting up my camera to show me loosing haha
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By demontium
    @lordofultima said:
    " @demontium said:
    " Thank god, my worry is that too many people will be split between modes tho. "
    I don't think people being split between modes is a bad thing. People will be in Endless Battle and Team Battle with people they actually know, and not a bunch of randoms. People will play ranked and un-ranked singles for that random online play. I know I certainly wouldn't jump into a lobby of 7 people that I don't know. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. "
    i guess. Either way I will mostly not be playing randoms since I got a lot of friends to pre-order this time. 

Optimism all around i guess.
    AURON570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By AURON570

Dude screw tournaments, I'm all for "FRIDAY FIGHT NIGHTS", endless matches with small groups of people, the ability to record and share matches, it's gonna be insane, i can feel it.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lordofultima
    @Scooper said:
    " @AURON570 said:
    " Dude screw tournaments, I'm all for "FRIDAY FIGHT NIGHTS", endless matches with small groups of people, the ability to record and share matches, it's gonna be insane, i can feel it. "
    that's basicaly what i was on about. i just thought this update would be good for people on these boards who like to have tournaments (there's plenty of them about. I don't join them) but it got shot down by everyone in a second. i mean if you don't think a tornament is gunna work then say so in a tournament thread, this one is just info about a mode i thought people would be interested in don't talk about how a tournament will fail if i haven't even set 1 up yet, just fuck off at that point.  none of that's directed at you btw, just the general nobbery around here. "
    I'm excited about team tournaments too with the team battle, getting hype for your other team members while watching and stuff. But I'm super skeptical is all. We used to try and have tournaments where it's done in one day / a couple hours, and that never worked. sometimes only like 4 people would pop up online or some junk. So we move to the multiple week/month tournaments, which still manage to fall apart. Hopefully you're right and these modes are going to bring everyone together.  

I see more of an 'impromptu' tournament style becoming commonplace, where there are no sign-ups and we just run spontaneously start up a tournament with all the people gathered in a lobby based on who is currently online.
    Stang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Stang

Who wants to be on my team? If your idea is throwing Blanka balls in people's faces is ok, you are disqualified.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.