Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

I need a good cheap arcade stick

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

Okay so I got SSFIV for my birthday and I'm really having a hard time just pulling of some of the easier moves, with the PS3 controller, so I decided to buy a arcade stick, since it is almost unplayable without one. But I am somewhat of a casual gamer when it comes to figthing games and this is the first time I'm going to buy a arcade stick, so I don't wont to pay a billion for it. I need something that is reasonable priced and at the same time a good arcade stick for the price. 

So any suggestions?

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Plasma

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Pessh

It's not unplayable without a stick, two of the top 8 at NCR and Evo were pad players. Why do people still think you need a stick to play this game. Honestly I'd try and get a TE on sale, you could get an SE or a Hori or something but you'd only end up upgrading to a TE anyway.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Castiel
    @Pessh said:
    " It's not unplayable without a stick, two of the top 8 at NCR and Evo were pad players. Why do people still think you need a stick to play this game. Honestly I'd try and get a TE on sale, you could get an SE or a Hori or something but you'd only end up upgrading to a TE anyway. "
    I really don't want to invest 8 hours every day of my life to get good with a normal controller.
    Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Driadon

I got me a HORI stick for fairly cheap (at the time is was going for $40). Works great, though you will have to get used to the square gate.

Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @Castiel said:
    " @Pessh said:
    " It's not unplayable without a stick, two of the top 8 at NCR and Evo were pad players. Why do people still think you need a stick to play this game. Honestly I'd try and get a TE on sale, you could get an SE or a Hori or something but you'd only end up upgrading to a TE anyway. "
    I really don't want to invest 8 hours every day of my life to get good with a normal controller. "
    The stick doesn't instantly exclude you from having to learn the game...
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @Castiel said:
    " @Pessh said:
    I really don't want to invest 8 hours every day of my life to get good with a normal controller. "
    You'll probably have to devote as much time with a stick than with a controller to learning to get good at the game.  Many get a stick for facility of execution, but it's not a necessity.  You'll also need to take a lot of time to even get used with a stick because, in the beginning, you'll be worse at constantly pulling off moves with a stick than with a normal controller.
    Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Plasma
    @Castiel said:
    " @Pessh said:
    No, you already know how to use a controller. If your getting a stick your gonna have to spend a month getting good with a stick, to be exactly where you are now with a pad. 

Your going to be very disappointed with this stick, if you think you'll be good. When you first use this stick you are going to be awful.
    Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Castiel
    @TheLegendofLuke said:

" @Castiel said:

" @Pessh said:

The stick doesn't instantly exclude you from having to learn the game... "
    I know, but it will definitely make it easier. When I play with the controller I really feel like i need to wrestle with it at times to pull of the moves I want to, even some of the simpler moves. I don't have that problem with any of my other games and the normal controller has worked fine for me when I played Tekken and stuff. But for some reason I'm having a real hard time with it, when it comes to this game.
    Avatar image for thelegendofluke
    TheLegendofLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TheLegendofLuke
    @Castiel:   Fair enough, it's all personal preference at the end of the day. How long have you been trying with the controller for? 
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By lordofultima
    @Castiel: Stick will ensure you have to spend 8 hours a day for a little while to get used to it, especially if you're not customary to arcades.
    contagious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By contagious

Sort of on topic and saves a new thread being created, Im after a stick and not sure sure I want to pay nearly $300AUD to import a TE, all I seem to have available in stores and online in Aus is Hori Xbox 360 Fighting Stick EX 2  (I believe) for about $100AUD, would that be a fair enough stick to learn the ropes of ssf4 and see if its worthwhile grabbing a TE on a later date?

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pessh
    @contagious: I guess so. If you're set on playing with a stick honestly I'd go with the TE, because you'd end up upgading to that anyway at some point. If you really aren't sure though or moneys an issue a Hori should be fine. Madcatz pad is an option too, best Chun in US uses one. Only thing is they aren't the most reliable, mine was broken out the box, others have lasted for years. Not sure if you want to be importing a new pad every three months.
    contagious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By contagious
    @Pessh: Yeah, I really am not sure, so I think I will give the stick ago, thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.