Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Super Street Fighter IV

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Feb 26, 2010

Super Street Fighter IV is a standalone update to its predecessor, adding new characters, modes, and online features.

I play modern fighting games: SSFIV Arcade Impressions

• 61 results
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Scooper

You probably didn't need to buy AE. I don't think it was for you.  

If something such as "Crouch medium kick now has 2 frames less active on it so it is harder to use as a poke" doesn't really mean anything to you, then all you're really buying is the 4 new characters for 15 bucks, and if you're not so hot on the characters, then AE is kind of a pointless buy.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm said:
    @V said:

@Aetheldod: After reading the eventhubs blog, Guile doesn't build as much meter from sonic boom as in Chocolate, all of his flash kicks do less damage, and U2 got a damage nerf

Also, they added like four or five frames on startup to U2 so now it's nearly impossible to punish fireball spamming, and I don't think it's possible to FADC > U2 anymore because of it either. They also made it so any Sonic Boom that is punished results in a "counter hit" instead of a normal attack so it does more damage. I'm pretty sure no other character with a fireball gets punished by a counter hit. So, we're back to SFIV. Sure, Guile's still more offensive, but they took away his FADC Ultra and he barely builds meter.
    It's DeeJay you're thinking of that gets the counterhit fireball nonsense. Not Guile. You can still FADC to U2, and his Backfist received a significant damage nerf. 
    His close forward Hard Kick now is invincible to low normals like Ryu's Sweep, which makes a pretty good meaty attack to use to beat crouch techs to lead to a nice combo.
    lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By lordofultima

What is this thread even about now? I'm confusedified.

Swaboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By Swaboo

It's about Seth losing his air stretchy arms.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By napalm
    @Scooper: Are you sure Guile didn't get the counterhit nerf as well? I could have sworn they announced that change for Guile originally because there was a lot of talk about it on the Guile SRK forum. 

But Dee Jay getting that is actually really shitty, considering he has a much bigger recovery window for his projectile. Do you still main Dee Jay in AE? What do you think about what they did to him? 

@lordofultima: It's about how I'm going to sex you up with some hot Guile-on-Akuma action. 

@Swaboo: I'm replaying Borderlands. I love your avatar, and I love you.
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Scooper
    @Napalm said:
    @Scooper: Are you sure Guile didn't get the counterhit nerf as well? I could have sworn they announced that change for Guile originally because there was a lot of talk about it on the Guile SRK forum. 

But Dee Jay getting that is actually really shitty, considering he has a much bigger recovery window for his projectile. Do you still main Dee Jay in AE? What do you think about what they did to him? 

It's just DeeJay who got that, I'm pretty sure. I just looked over the notes again and it doesn't say that now happens to Guile. 

I like DeeJay, I'm still maining him for sure. I can get EX Machine Gun Upper to dash Ultra 2 pretty consistently now which gives him good comeback potential. He's got more combos and not all of them rely on a finicky 1 frame link into crouch medium punch (which had fucking terrible range and didn't guarantee a combo anyway) anymore. He can combo into light kick dread kicks from a light attack which is super cool and he can FADC after a hard kick or EX Sobat and keep the combo going to push them into the corner. Also medium kick upkicks have been buffed so they are less likely to trade, his light kick upkicks have been buffed even though they were godlike in Super anyway and EX Upkicks have had a hitbox buff so they have more chance to hit all hits, his slide is now faster and safer so you really don't want to jump in on DJ at all. 

His bad matchups are still the same but it feels like he's gained a 0.5 buff in all his matchups so it's not just a complete shitshow. Guile still wins the match against DJ though because DJ can't advance on a solid Guile.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#57  Edited By ArbitraryWater
    @lordofultima said:

What is this thread even about now? I'm confusedified.

I honestly don't know anymore. I guess it's just become a general discussion thread for Super Street Fighter IV Arcade edition. I'm cool with that, I guess. Less people calling me out for not speaking on a high enough level and more people talking about stuff that I sort of understand but not really. 

@Scooper said:

You probably didn't need to buy AE. I don't think it was for you.   If something such as "Crouch medium kick now has 2 frames less active on it so it is harder to use as a poke" doesn't really mean anything to you, then all you're really buying is the 4 new characters for 15 bucks, and if you're not so hot on the characters, then AE is kind of a pointless buy.

I wouldn't say it was a pointless purchase (I like Street Fighter IV. Of course I'm going to buy the new version), but I would say that there isn't anything in the update, either with the new characters (Ok, maybe Yang) or the balance changes that really work to my advantage as a lower-mid level player. However, I would say that the changes still matter, even at my level. For example: The removal of Seth's air stretchy arms will certainly change how I play him, while the change in Bison's ultra motion will make it less easy to punish whiffed ultras or shoryukens. The solution to this is probably to use more skill and figure out how to win online with Vega once and for all (probably actually read up this stuff online), but the increased precedence of rushdown characters certainly doesn't help me in that matter.
    MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By MideonNViscera

I like AE. Clearly the character additions weren't the most original, and the rebalance is kind of opinion, but I do enjoy playing as Oni as well as watching good replays, so it was enough for me. I feel the AE disc will be absolutely worth it for anybody, even if the DLC add-on was overpriced.

Giacomito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Giacomito

I just think a lot of people are butthurt because their characters got nerfed.

But that's ok!

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#60  Edited By lordofultima

@Napalm: Hey pal, I'm top Evil Ryu player in the US. Forget that infinitely better character Akuma. PFFF

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By napalm
    @lordofultima: That means you have to come show me how evil you really are. ;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.